Man of Steel (Superman Movie Thread) - June 14, 2013 - NEW Trailer pg20

Lel some of you cats are real funny saying some **** like "oh why are you over analyzing the film? why do you want something more deep?!" you dumb bofoon, why don't you want more substance on your films? This is the reason why mainstream films have gone to **** over the last decade or so and it's getting progressively worse. Y'all keep supporting ****** *** films that are predictable and have **** acting. Ask yourself why most of the films now a days for the mainstream audience are majorly shtity comedies, ****** love stories, ****** scary flicks, and ****** superhero films. You'll see that this are the same recycled films over and over again. Gee I wonder why? Oh, must be because the people keep supporting **** and don't mind watching **** without any substance, yea na, im sorry I have standards and you don't.

Even as an origins movie, it should be held to some degree of high standards especially for a REEBOT! The predictability on this film was what killed it and the super fast pace didn't help it at all either. Scene after scene the film was so a predictable soap opera with some fighting going on. The film was so corny. See my beef with this is that superhero films are generally ****, low level films, but you know which films didn't actually fall on this grading? The batman trilogy. God, for a superhero trilogy it delivered on every facet on what and how a film should be made. The darknight was splendid. The scenes, teh shots, the writing was excellent. Unpredictability made this film extremely enjoyable. Sure, it dragged on a bit towards the end, but it didn't take a lot off the film like this film did. The Nolan's batman should be what a film like Superman aspired to even come close to, but it doesn't, it falls on the same league the fantastic 4 films. Hell, I bet the first one was probably better too lol.

tl:dr; this film is bad because superman is a perfect hero with no flaws and does everything he's supposed to do and everyone can live happily ever after. Superman is a flawed individual in this film, not because he doesn't do the right thing, but because everything he does is according to a preset and arguably a devine plan set on by his father to be humans god. If batman taught is anything is that no superhero can be perfect and they can't always save everyone. But superman doesn't suffer from the human inperfection because he isn't human, right? How can I relate to a god like figure with no flaws? As a flawed individual I can't and I feel that's why i can't relate at all to this film like I could to a batman film. Batman isn't perfect and I can relate to him being unable have everything under control and sometimes you gotta make some sacrifices for the bigger gain. Nolan did a great job at making batman a relateble being, not by being a superhero, but by being a flawed individual.

This films was bad and I hope they get a different crew of writers for the second one.

I did like those wide angle shots on this film though.

Two words.

Origin. Movie.

Just think about who you are right now. Were you born like this? Or did it take some time for your personality and habits to develop into what they are?

Jesus people. Perspective.
You guys are too defensive. Origin film or not, it wasn't good. Accept it for what it is. Batman Begins was an origin film as well and we saw how much Bruce developed as a character by trilogy's end.

Also on the miscasting of Amy Adams, she will be in her mid to late 40s should she be in the second and third film.

I'm sorry, but did you just reference Bruce's development by trilogy's end to MoS? You do realize that there's only been ONE MoS movie, right?

Having a hard time following your logic.

Two words.

Origin. Movie.

Just think about who you are right now. Were you born like this? Or did it take some time for your personality and habits to develop into what they are?

Jesus people. Perspective.
You guys are too defensive. Origin film or not, it wasn't good. Accept it for what it is. Batman Begins was an origin film as well and we saw how much Bruce developed as a character by trilogy's end.

Also on the miscasting of Amy Adams, she will be in her mid to late 40s should she be in the second and third film.

I'm sorry, but did you just reference Bruce's development by trilogy's end to MoS? You do realize that there's only been ONE MoS movie, right?

Having a hard time following your logic.

he was saying that by the end of BB bruce's character had pretty much developed, and didnt change much by the end of the series

Yep, thanks for the correction.

That more "grounded" theme in Marvel's universe doesn't do it for me (just seems... off.)

Once you read Watchmen, you never look at a comic the same. An amazing piece of work. :D
Well Watchmen did play a huge part in changing the medium of comics. So I do agree to an extent.
BTW, whats your view on
Veidt's plan?  Did you agree with it? What's your feelings towards Adrian in general?
Thanks in advance.
Like most super geniuses doing something for the greater good I love them and how they go about executing their plan but Veidt was a bit of an ******* and too cold. I recently finished his Before Watchmen mini so I got more background on the character written by Len Wein.

The plan itself is really good and apt, thing is years before I read Watchmen I saw The Outer Limits episode that Veidt based his plan on but that aint a slight since it's not like I read Watchmen when it was originally released. Totally agreed with the plan given the situation the world as in at the time even if it had to happen in NYC. I found myself siding a bit more with Rorschach on several things though.

She isn't Jenny Olsen though, her last name is Jurwich and she's Perry's assistant, not a photographer...

Truth is we don't know what role if any she will play in future films or what her relationship to Clark will be like.

To be honest, here being someone else other than Olsen makes her even useless in the film. With her being Olsen, ok they want to introduce her and just to say she was in the origin film but now, I see absolutely no point. Even if her role is gigantic in the sequel, I still see no reason why they can't just introduce her in the sequel? She was just there for Perry to try and save and really nothing else. That whole part wouldn't be missed if it was cut out of the film. That is coming from a guy who loved the film.

i was able to see this for free, but if i had paid I would have been pretty upset. I actually left out of the movie early, I don't wanna get into reasons why but was anyone else bothered by laurence fishburne and his one earring? :lol: everytime dude popped up in the scene it just irked me.

I disagree with the post who said MoS has been better than most Marvel movies. Almost every character by Marvel studio to date has been more more fleshed out and better rounded than this current Superman, with the exception being Hawkeye. But Hawkeye to date has been a minor character with no movie of his own. What's Goyer's Superman's excuse?

I'm sure Joss Whedon can flesh out Superman better in 20 minutes of screen time than Goyer can in 120. Lol.

Last edited:
Just watched it again...loved it even more the second time around.

Only thing im curious about is the suit. The suit was in the ship that was supposedly in the Arctic for like 2000 years, so how did Jor El have the suit ready for him? He constructed it right on the ship through his subconscious?

Just watched it again...loved it even more the second time around.

Only thing im curious about is the suit. The suit was in the ship that was supposedly in the Arctic for like 2000 years, so how did Jor El have the suit ready for him? He constructed it right on the ship through his subconscious?

I thought it was originally Jor-El's suit. He wore it under his armour if I remember correctly.

Read the prequel comic, the ship actually belonged to Kara, part of the El clan with the same family glyph/symbol. So there is a good chance, there was an spare suit?

But yeah, the ships purpose is to travel and inhabit different planets so the ship might have a machine that makes clothes? It's plausible since their technology is far advance and superior.

Last edited:
Read the prequel comic, the ship actually belonged to Kara, part of the El clan with the same family glyph/symbol. So there is a good chance, there was an spare suit?

But yeah, the ships purpose is to travel and inhabit different planets so the ship might have a machine that makes clothes? It's plausible since their technology is far advance and superior.

Kara Zor-El? Interesting.

Because I wasn't expecting it, this actually made me laugh at loud... IT'S A TRAP!!! :lol: Only a nerd would appreciate that...

Last edited:
SDCC '13: David S. Goyer On BATMAN/SUPERMAN Title; Says Zod's Fate Will Be Addressed In Sequel

Both David S. Goyer and Henry Cavill were at DC's "Superman: 75th Anniversary Celebration" panel at the San Diego Comic-Con, and the former revealed that they have yet to choose a title for the movie and promised that the way Superman dealt with General Zod WILL be addressed in the movie.

Unfortunately, David S. Goyer and Henry Cavill didn't let slip any huge details about the recently announced Batman/Superman movie, but did reveal that they have yet to decide on a title for the Man of Steel sequel.

"We don't know what we're going to call it yet — 'Superman vs. Batman,' 'Batman vs. Superman,' — but those two guys on screen, that's happening."

World's Finest seems to be a popular choice among many fans, but that may not be the best title to help sell this movie to regular moviegoers. What would you guys like them to choose? When Goyer was asked whether or not he was surprised about the backlash surrounding Superman breaking General Zod's neck at the end of Man of Steel, he replied:

"To a certain extent, Superman, cinematically, hadn't been reinvented since the Donner films. We will be dealing it with the coming film. He's not fully formed in [Man of Steel]. He will have to deal with the repercussions in the next film."

I think folks should refrain from getting their hopes up about this Superman x Batman union in the MoS sequel. It'll likely just amount to an extended cameo by Bruce Wayne.

This is how I imagine it will play out:

In the aftermath of Metropolis' destruction, we are witness to a city attempting to repair itself. Taking part in the rebuilding efforts are several prominent citizens and home-grown companies, of which Lex Luthor and his Luther Corp. are a part of. Also in the mix is Wayne Enterprises, whose billionaire CEO has pledged some undisclosed amount (speculated in the millions) to the "affected citizens" fund.

In proper fashion, a huge and ritzy gala is thrown in recognition of those people who've done the most for Metropolis in the rebuilding efforts; and of course, as is always the case with such events, much of the attendees hail from the upper echelon of the social order, with nary a consideration/invite for the men and women actually involved in the build up effort (see construction workers, reg. on duty cop, firefighters, nurses, etc). Simply stated, the gala is an ensemble of the rich, for the rich, to speculate and amuse themselves (who lost the most properties, whose insurance policy paid out the most, etc).

Anyway, as it is customary to document these events for the hoi polloi, certain privileged members of the press are given access, and as we scan the room we stumble across Perry White and Lois Lane from the Daily Planet, naturally, and Clark Kent, quite unnaturally. Clark has been dragged there in lieu of a more seasoned journalist because Lois believes the event will hone his journalistic skills (throw him to the sharks and he'll have no choice but to swim for his life). Also, having Clark there frees her from her journalistic obligations and allows her to cavort with the rich.

After a few overwhelming profiles, Clark retreats to the food spread at the back of the room to take a breather. There, he surveys the room, full of people and pretentions unlike anything he's experienced. The contrast is stark for a guy who grew up on a farm in Kansas. He continues to reflect on the simple life he once knew, but his longings are suddenly interrupted by a voice next to him. A voice that seeming crept out the darkness like a phantom. There's a sharply dressed man standing next to him, holding a drink in one hand, with the other hand tucked in his trouser pocket. Clark wonders to himself, "when and where did he come from"?

A man whose presence escapes detection by even the Man of Steel, remarkable, wouldn't you say?

The two chatter for a while. It's obvious to Clark that the fellow is cut from the same social cloth as many in the room. However, beneath the superficiality of wealth, there appears to be more to the fellow. A great deal more. Clark is mystified. Their conversation is interrupted by the shriek of a microphone on the other side of the room. The room goes quite.

A man who was earlier introduced to Clark by Lois as Lex Luthor, "one of Metropolis' shining stars", holds the mic. He makes a few opening comments, jokes, the crowd laughs pleasantly. He then acknowledges some of the various esteemed invitees in attendance--there is applause. After the applause dies down, he starts addressing why they are all there. He talks about taking a stand, a need for action and a call to action to protect the world from a new kind of threat. He talks about the rampancy of chaos in the world. Of mad terrorists hell bent on destroying cities, of aliens hell bent on destroying earth, etc. He talks about brave men and women standing for something. Of heroes arising from the ranks of the ordinary to stand up for justice. He touches on the vigilante known as the Batman in Metropolis' sister city, Gotham. There is faint but recognizably haughty murmur in the room. He talks about the "good alien" who protected the city. There is an approving murmur in the room. Still, he continues, these "heroes" are outliers that cannot be counted on or be trusted. He talks about taking matters into their own hands--there is approval in the audience. That in conjunction with their defenselessness in the face of considerable local and global threat, he explains, is the impetus behind his forthcoming revelation--a joint R&D partnership between his company, Luthor Corp. and Wayne Enterprises, with backing from the U.S military, aimed at shoring up Earth's defenses--on the micro and macro level--in the face of increasingly intimidating forces. There is great approval in the room, then clapping.

Lex, looking satisfied, reveals that there is more to be said about the matter, and invites a special guest to join him: "Bruce Wayne, get out over here...."

There is restlessness in the gathering as everyone looks about them. From various pockets, the curiosity is audible: "Bruce Wayne, here...well isn't that something..."; "I heard he lost his fortune in some scandal involving stocks..."; "He never called me back after that night, I thought we really had something special...."

The anxiety in the room is palpable. Even Clark, at this point, is wondering who this Bruce Wayne fellow is.

Lex scans the ball room, stopping and fixing his gaze in the back, to where Clark is standing: "ahh, there he is; Bruce Wayne you rascal, come on up here."

Everyone in the room follows Lex's gaze towards Clark. Clark looks at all eyes seemingly on him like a deer in headlights.

The guy standing next to him, who he was briefly chatting up right before Lex's interruption, has set his drink down. The fellow looks Clark in the eye and explains how he hates these things--pointing to Lex holding the mic. "Well, guess being the CEO can't be fun all the time, how's my tie by the way." His tie is set and held sharply in place. Clark echoes, "looks great," still faintly perplexed but now approaching the shores of realization as to who this fellow is.

He thanks Clark and pats him on the shoulder, telling him he's a decent fellow and that he enjoyed talking to him. He begins walking toward Lex on the other side of the room. He walks calmly and confidently like a man who has rehearsed this many times before. Like he were an actor and this was all an act to him. "Bruce Wayne everyone...," Lex announces once more into the mic, with applause all around.

Clark looks at the frame of the man walking to the front, musing to himself, "Bruce Wayne..."

:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom