Man sent to jail after clerical error kept him free for 13 years....

when we **** up, we get punished by the system
but when the system ***** up, they ask for a ****** mulligan?

stories like this, or the kid that went to jail when the bank ****** up and put hella money in his account on accident
individuals are held accountable, but not the big bodies

What if the guy was a murderer or child molester? How would y'all feel then?
faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar different then what he did... he didn't kill anyone nor did he molest a person... no correlation at all with these crimes... I believe the man should pay some sort of consequence... but not in terms of having to serve time... Hell to be honest in the grand scheme when you look at crimes in general ie wall street, housing fiasco so on and so forth.. while they didn't "place" a gun in ppl faces...they robbed did a bigger crime to humanity then this man has and they go completely unscathed and unpunished... So when u weigh it out good/bad dude should just get a str8 up easy pass.

stories like this, or the kid that went to jail when the bank ****** up and put hella money in his account on accident
individuals are held accountable, but not the big bodies
exactly hell they should commend and use this man as an example of a person who was in the red...did wrong and became a productive asset to society... But that would be too too much like noble and the "right thing" to do

individuals are held accountable, but not the big bodie
s

You conveniently left out the part where he spent the money...aka theft. Carry on, doe.

Do you dudes know how quickly an armed robbery can turn into a murder?

Yall treating armed robbery like its petty theft or something. Armed robbery is in the same conversation as murder.

Molesting a child? Thats obviously in a league of its own.

I'm not arguing that there's any relevance to what these ppl do after the mistakes are made (spending the money)

I'm saying the mistakes are made, and then these mistakes are dealt with in very different ways
Can Mike Anderson get a do-over for his armed robbery? Apparently, **** no.
But the jail can get a do-over for their clerical error... 13 YEARS LATER

Do you dudes know how quickly an armed robbery can turn into a murder?

Yall treating armed robbery like its petty theft or something. Armed robbery is in the same conversation as murder.

Molesting a child? Thats obviously in a league of its own.
except one is a concept and one is a reality... Its like threating to hurt some one versus going out and killing a man...waaaaaaay across the spectrum... That's like going out heavy drinking versus being a full blown down in the dumps alcoholic... smoking weed vs.. being a stone cold crack addict. To jump to what happen to the worse case scenario is a stretch.

Imagine if we convicted ppl even more then we do already for what ifs.. and presumptions.. the unjust would just be ridiculous. I aint saying dude did absolutely nothing... but having/toting a pistol and going out killing ppl cant be viewed in the same light.

except one is a concept and one is a reality... Its like threating to hurt some one versus going out and killing a man...waaaaaaay across the spectrum... That's like going out heavy drinking versus being a full blown down in the dumps alcoholic... smoking weed vs.. being a stone cold crack addict. To jump to what happen to the worse case scenario is a stretch.

Imagine if we convicted ppl even more then we do already for what ifs.. and presumptions.. the unjust would just be ridiculous. I aint saying dude did absolutely nothing... but having/toting a pistol and going out killing ppl cant be viewed in the same light.

Agreed. I was more so directing my
Comment at Polo, who suggested that armed robbery isnt a serious crime and shouldnt be punished by 13 years in prison.

However, if youre enough of a criminal to point a gun at somebody and demand their belongings, youre probably willing to pull the trigger if the situation got sticky.

But like you said,
Thats an assumption and has no place in this conversayion.

You conveniently left out the part where he spent the money...aka theft. Carry on, doe.
he didn't steal even by the definition of the word theft is to use conversion/take knowingly without permission of property... He didn't do anything it "literally fell in his lap. So unless he embezzled... or hack or w/e I don't see under the def. of theft he would fall into that category.

he didn't steal even by the definition of the word theft is to use conversion/take knowingly without permission of property... He didn't do anything it "literally fell in his lap. So unless he embezzled... or hack or w/e I don't see under the def. of theft he would fall into that category.

How is that NOT theft? Homie knew the money wasn't his and spent it anyways....

On March 17, the victim called the bank and reported the money was missing from his account. Following an investigation, the bank determined the money had been deposited into an 18-year-old’s account who had withdrawn at least $20,000 and spent over $5,000 on his ATM card, according to the report.

The 18-year-old entered the bank on March 18 attempting to withdraw more money from the account, but a teller informed him of the bank’s mistake. The 18-year-old told the teller the money was from an inheritance.

http://myfox8.com/2014/03/27/georgi...-into-his-bank-account-bank-wants-money-back/

Agreed. I was more so directing my
Comment at Polo, who suggested that armed robbery isnt a serious crime and shouldnt be punished by 13 years in prison.

However, if youre enough of a criminal to point a gun at somebody and demand their belongings, youre probably willing to pull the trigger if the situation got sticky.

But like you said,
Thats an assumption and has no place in this conversayion.
Not necessarily so... you got so many stick up wanna be gangstas out here and that's just the tip of the iceberg.. I do think he should be in some capacity like a outreach mentor type of leader/involvement of a program to show ppl the right path.  That would be where he would be best suited.. Even minimum jail time or court fees p.o. fines etc... doesn't service do any good for anyone outside of big govt lining their pockets...

only people with no passport would say the US government is the MOST corrupt/inept

only the factual stats that back it up and say so would say so.... Don't let ur dislike for other countries beliefs, religious affiliation lifestyle compromise facts... the money/convictions just off drug related non violent crimes supersedes many countries overall crime/arrest rates period.. hell we put more folks and generate more dollars off a dimebag arrest then many countries do manslaughter and murder 

1. How do we "generate" dollars by crime? the government allots tax money to pay for prison/law enforcement... but actual generation of dollars ie. creation of a product or service that brings in money? Show me the figures on that.

2. Are you basing your opinion off the corruption index? or just a personal opinion based on the "war on drugs"?

Dude skipped right over this.

How is that NOT theft? Homie knew the money wasn't his and spent it anyways....
http://myfox8.com/2014/03/27/georgi...-into-his-bank-account-bank-wants-money-back/
the lying and cover up was the crime not the actual receiving of the money... It reminds me a few yrs ago where wells fargo had a problem with atms and it was giving out to much money and folks was being held questioned etc... for taking the money and trying to return it to bank. Or when they were fining ppl/arresting folks when the atms last yr were giving out counterfeit bills...

Im just saying the law shouldn't view a person who goes into a convenience store and rob them steal iuno lottery tickets... the same as someone who walks down the street and finding a lottery ticket. Both in possession of something they did not purchase have rights to... but clearly two different means in which they obtain said items.

the lying and cover up was the crime not the actual receiving of the money... It reminds me a few yrs ago where wells fargo had a problem with atms and it was giving out to much money and folks was being held questioned etc... for taking the money and trying to return it to bank. Or when they were fining ppl/arresting folks when the atms last yr were giving out counterfeit bills...

Im just saying the law shouldn't view a person who goes into a convenience store and rob them steal iuno lottery tickets... the same as someone who walks down the street and finding a lottery ticket. Both in possession of something they did not purchase have rights to... but clearly two different means in which they obtain said items.

No one said that receiving the money was the crime, bro. The problem was that he spent it (theft), rather than returning what was not his. A bank mistake is not winning the lottery. He should have been smarter, or at least, more honest.

You have an extra 50k credited to your account, and you're not even going to attempt to figure out where the money came from? What kind of stupidity is that? I got ZERO sympathy for this gump. If he gets actual jail time, oh well.

Last edited:
No one said that receiving the money was the crime, bro. The problem was that he spent it (theft), rather than returning what was not his. A bank mistake is not winning the lottery. He should have been smarter, or at least, more honest.

You have an extra 50k credited to your account, and you're not even going to attempt to figure out where the money came from? What kind of stupidity is that? I got ZERO sympathy for this gump. If he gets actual jail time, oh well.
i feel like its kinda like entrapment though.  obviously he was stupid but it never would have happened if it weren't for the bank error

if u don't know the prison/judicial system/etc... makes money off of locking ppl up etc... I don't know what bubble whimsical world u live in. From da's, local judges, cops, p.o.'s ... ppl who farm out prisoners for slave labor you name it. And as far as facts and figures...its corrupt... You think they bookmark all the injustices done everyday all day everyday.

Hell just as we are having this convo...I have no doubt someone is even on a small scale being arrested on some bs... to which they will have to possibly pay a fine, citation, fees etc... aka free money... You think the book keepers mark down... oh let me report the x amount of dollars made from a legal immigrant that I harassed and due to language barrier hit them up on some bogus charge ticket....lol. You think everytime they stop someone for no reason hit them with a fine they dock this and report the money generated from it...lol

Stuff like this happen all day everyday 24/7 and again that's just on the small scale... I wont even get into things such as family court and how ppl (mostly males) are paying fees just to have a child receive their last name, then another fee just to have the right to call them your child, then another amount just to have rights etc...

Man govt making dollars hand over fist in so many ways it makes no sense. Granted in terms of treatment... physical treatment etc... usa may not be the worst...but interms of fiscal gains... no one bleeds money from the ppl like USA....USA... Granted jails and treatment may be worst abroad... But how bad do you wanna beat/treat ppl.... do it to harsh and they cant go out get money and keep things afloat.

if u don't know the prison/judicial system/etc... makes money off of locking ppl up etc... I don't know what bubble whimsical world u live in. From da's, local judges, cops, p.o.'s ... ppl who farm out prisoners for slave labor you name it. And as far as facts and figures...its corrupt... You think they bookmark all the injustices done everyday all day everyday.

Hell just as we are having this convo...I have no doubt someone is even on a small scale being arrested on some bs... to which they will have to possibly pay a fine, citation, fees etc... aka free money... You think the book keepers mark down... oh let me report the x amount of dollars made from a legal immigrant that I harassed and due to language barrier hit them up on some bogus charge ticket....lol. You think everytime they stop someone for no reason hit them with a fine they dock this and report the money generated from it...lol

Stuff like this happen all day everyday 24/7 and again that's just on the small scale... I wont even get into things such as family court and how ppl (mostly males) are paying fees just to have a child receive their last name, then another fee just to have the right to call them your child, then another amount just to have rights etc...

Man govt making dollars hand over fist in so many ways it makes no sense. Granted in terms of treatment... physical treatment etc... usa may not be the worst...but interms of fiscal gains... no one bleeds money from the ppl like USA....USA... Granted jails and treatment may be worst abroad... But how bad do you wanna beat/treat ppl.... do it to harsh and they cant go out get money and keep things afloat.

so you went from the war on drugs to traffic violations and family court?

what?

you say the US is the worst, but you can't post any figures, but you just know... but you don't have figures to compare to other countries...but you just know because you just know?

what?

do you have a passport?

Is picking up and cashing a lottery ticket a crime? Serious question
um actually yes it is... tickets are registered buy the purchaser... I only know this cause I was visiting my kinfolks in jack city and this old man was robbed trying to go in and cash a lottery ticket to which the local corner store didn't have the money to cash it... Needless to say the young boys jacked and killed old dude...I don't play it to know how it works but the store owner was like even if the guys who jacked old dude tried to pay someone to come in and cash the ticket that person would be arrested for doing so... Iuno if the record who purchase them iuno but that's what the corner store man told me

I dont know if its been touched on but, do the statues of limitations not apply??

Back
Top Bottom