MANDATORY That Students Have To Participate In At Least ONE Physical Activity During The Course Of T

At least 2 years of PE is mandatory in my state.

Mandatory gym class all through elementary and middle school.

Although the gym teachers just let lazy people do nothing.

Now most of them are overweight/obese.

'Murica

Can't fix what should be enforced in the home

Last edited:
Most school require 1 year of Gym. I know in Maryland its required to graduate HS which is broken into 1/2 credits twice a year. When I was in HS, you could choose between sports, fitness, weight training and dance.

I had PE every year up to high school

At our high school, you needed two years (4 semesters) unless you played a sport to graduate.

Self-defense classes should be mandated. This way kids realize what putting hands on someone means and vice versa.

I don't think it should be forced. In my hs it was forced and we had to play football, basketball volleyball with some of the most unatgoetic kids there ever was. Nah, that just ruined our games

My school everyone had to take Gym but if you were on a sports team (Mostly was the football team, cheerleaders, some of the basketball team) you can take for study hall instead where you were supposed to do homework and what not.

Thinking back i think if u had a good GPA you could take it as a "peer tutor" or something like that but they was never in there now that i think of it. :smh:

I don't think it should be forced. In my hs it was forced and we had to play football, basketball volleyball with some of the most unatgoetic kids there ever was. Nah, that just ruined our games
I understand this because I hated having trash dudes that were literally just a waste of space on the field/court...

But you gotta remember they gotta get some exercise in to.

Americans in general are fat as hell.
My school everyone had to take Gym but if you were on a sports team (Mostly was the football team, cheerleaders, some of the basketball team) you can take for study hall instead where you were supposed to do homework and what not.

Thinking back i think if u had a good GPA you could take it as a "peer tutor" or something like that but they was never in there now that i think of it.
mean.gif
Skipping. I was pretty smart and had a spanish class that I skipped maybe 90% of the time. Went 10 times tops out of the whole semester.

Had the councilor & teacher(s) hook-up to get my passes signed
laugh.gif

Last edited:
It's suppose to be fun or at least it was when i was going to school.

It being mandatory won't have much difference on their health if they're lazy or fat. I recall those kids wouldn't even participate in games or sports. Would be half-assing it in the stretching exercises.

So it don't really matter.

The only thing I didn't like about P.E. was having to swim in the spring time where the weather was still freezing. That was my only gripe.

Oh and that the PE teacher was my football coach and gave me hell, if I didn't do well in the physical testing lol.

The only thing I didn't like about P.E. was having to swim in the spring time where the weather was still freezing. That was my only gripe.

Oh and that the PE teacher was my football coach and gave me hell, if I didn't do well in the physical testing lol.

fam i had swimming as a 0 period (7 AM) in the winter outside.

******* sucked.

Yes PE should be mandated, in the world we live in today, very few kids have active lives at home...they get home and get handed an iPad, is terrible

Word. 45 min of PE wasn't keeping anyone from being fat. Keep in mind you usually gotta change in to gym clothes and stretch before you play anything so it's real 30 min and that's about equal to lunch time and going outside.

From JHS to HS I got in to the routine of playing basketball after school everyday. Usually 2 hrs no matter the weather the majority of the time. That's what kept me in the best shape of my life :lol: :pimp:

What's the point when you serve kids pizza/burgers/burritos and soda every single day in the school cafeteria.

And you think a few periods of gym every week is gonna fix that?
When did I say that was a solution?
laugh.gif
You never said it was a solution, but you promoted the idea of mandatory PE as if it would have an impact on obesity rates. I've made my point known: I think it's a futile effort.  If you can prove how mandatory PE classes have a positive impact on obesity rates, then have at it by all means.  Until then, I don't see why we should take your opinion seriously.

You never said it was a solution, but you promoted the idea of mandatory PE as if it would have an impact on obesity rates. I've made my point known: I think it's a futile effort.  If you can prove how mandatory PE classes have a positive impact on obesity rates, then have at it by all means.  Until then, I don't see why we should take your opinion seriously.

AGAIN....where did I even mention obesity?

I simply said I'm all for mandatory physical activity at school...since that's about the only physical activity most kids will have, since now kids learn to use an iPad before they can even walk....would it have an impact on anything?...I don't know and never claimed to know...will it be nice for our kids to engage in physical activities?...why not?..some might enjoy it and want to take it one step further and actually grow up wanting to be active....

I swear some of you dude need to give it a break trying to pull my card every chance you get, looking silly as hell out here picking arguments with me that I never even started :lol:

LOL @ Considering the feelings of kids and what they THINK they want/don't want to do. They don't know what they want. But I know what they need. They need to burn. They need to exercise. They NEED that. If they end up fat, out of shape, pillsburry sweat hogs, so what. It won't be because they didn't have the resources provided by their schools.

And yea, school lunches need to be healthier for whoever said that. I agree.

I think this was already mandatory for one semester in my HS.

If anything though, I feel like a tech class should be mandatory. I didn't take any in high school except one programming elective I chose myself. Nothing else was even technology related which is crazy to me given the world we live in.

Back
Top Bottom