Marcus Jordan wears PE Patent XIIs in UCF Exhibition Game & UCF Loses Adidas Contract........

We all know that next year UCF will be rocking NIKE gear ... And the BBALL team will be a Team Jumpman squad ... So if your a UCF student dont worry too hardthings will be GREAT next year ... Probably a good thing in the long run ...
JUST DO IT .....

Ok.. to add some sanity to this discussion...

Thanks for clarifying DC was wrong (again) it always adds a smile to my face when opinions are posted as facts..

But anyhoo... The reason everyone is still waiting patiently on Nike to step in is that Nike has no desire to Outfit UCF AT ALL. Please remember, Jordan is adivision of Nike, but Jordan can not outfit all those teams at UCF, which means Nike would need to step in HENCE Jordan would have to negotiate and pay out ofpocket they have not budgeted for in outting fitting UCF.

These aren't just givens. People and organizations have budgets. From College Teams to High School to AAU teams.. They are ALL budgeted how much MONEY AndPRODUCT they are getting in the form of Uniforms, Footwear and accessories with the addition of track suits and the like.

Nike already has enough Florida Schools. D-1 all the way down to notable High Schools. UCF helps them push NO product. AT ALL.

So I wouldnt be surprised if Jordan MJ himself has to reach in his pocket and cut a check or have it deducted from that quarterly loot he gets. Who knows.. Iwont base my opinion as fact, but the facts are Nike could care less.. which is why you haven't seen them swoop right in..

But damage control is in process, because after all, just like you and I... the folks there are thinking.. (All this over Marcus? He aint even that good) lol

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

Adidas set him up...it was pay back for MJ going with Nike back in the day

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I wanted to make a post about situations like this a long time ago. Would a schools sneaker contract determine would you attend it? If i was a recruit thatwould hold a lot of weight to me,esp in bb. If i was able to play at cuse and they had a other brand I would not go. Call it what you want I'm just loyalsince 87. I'm pretty sure Marcus knew that UCF was not under contract under Nike/Jordan so that's a L he should have taken not the whole athleticprogram.

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Thanks for clarifying DC was wrong (again) it always adds a smile to my face when opinions are posted as facts..

But anyhoo... The reason everyone is still waiting patiently on Nike to step in is that Nike has no desire to Outfit UCF AT ALL. Please remember, Jordan is a division of Nike, but Jordan can not outfit all those teams at UCF, which means Nike would need to step in HENCE Jordan would have to negotiate and pay out of pocket they have not budgeted for in outting fitting UCF.

These aren't just givens. People and organizations have budgets. From College Teams to High School to AAU teams.. They are ALL budgeted how much MONEY And PRODUCT they are getting in the form of Uniforms, Footwear and accessories with the addition of track suits and the like.

Nike already has enough Florida Schools. D-1 all the way down to notable High Schools. UCF helps them push NO product. AT ALL.

So I wouldnt be surprised if Jordan MJ himself has to reach in his pocket and cut a check or have it deducted from that quarterly loot he gets. Who knows.. I wont base my opinion as fact, but the facts are Nike could care less.. which is why you haven't seen them swoop right in..

But damage control is in process, because after all, just like you and I... the folks there are thinking.. (All this over Marcus? He aint even that good) lol

I just shed a tear. I'm just hoping you're wrong about all that man.
frown.gif

Like its been said before all the articles posted about this always mentions that Nike has no interest at all, but all these UCF fans/students thinks its agiven that Nike will be our rescuing knight. Yeah it would be nice to have Nike here since the adidas gear is average but the chances are very slim. OurAthletic program suffice to say sucks bad real bad. Usually the only sports that are usually ranked nationally are the women's volleyball and soccerthat's it. Our football team is atrocious I mean how does USF who was founded more recent than UCF have a way better program and are ranked. Tsk Tsk.

Couldn't Marcus have found a school somewhere in the country with a Nike contract, and this never would have been an issue?

So for us UCF students who are sitting here praying for Nike to step in, if they don't, what are the other possible outcomes to this situation? UA?

UCF helps them push NO product. AT ALL.

Yeah it would be nice to have Nike here since the adidas gear is average but the chances are very slim. Our Athletic program suffice to say sucks bad real bad.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm anybody else beginning to think that Adi used this whole situation to weasel out of a contract? Seriously, they say yes thenno, UCF is a small time program at best that pushes no product according to NT peeps in the know, Adi doesn't even try to work a compromise when it'sobvious they dropped the ball, dude wears a pair of J's that nobody but sneakerheads would even recognize from less than 20 feet away, and they let afootball player do basically the same thing with no complaints....hmmmmm

Originally Posted by RockDeep

But anyhoo... The reason everyone is still waiting patiently on Nike to step in is that Nike has no desire to Outfit UCF AT ALL. Please remember, Jordan is a division of Nike, but Jordan can not outfit all those teams at UCF, which means Nike would need to step in HENCE Jordan would have to negotiate and pay out of pocket they have not budgeted for in outting fitting UCF.

These aren't just givens. People and organizations have budgets. From College Teams to High School to AAU teams.. They are ALL budgeted how much MONEY And PRODUCT they are getting in the form of Uniforms, Footwear and accessories with the addition of track suits and the like.

So I wouldnt be surprised if Jordan MJ himself has to reach in his pocket and cut a check or have it deducted from that quarterly loot he gets. Who knows.. I wont base my opinion as fact, but the facts are Nike could care less.. which is why you haven't seen them swoop right in..

I don't know about that. UCF recently became the biggest university in the state (>50,000 students). It could be a pretty big market. That's gottacount for something right?

Morons.

I can understand why HE did it... but I damn sure cant understand why UCF LET it happen. No one person is worth 2 Million at a small school like that which brings in no revenue BECAUSE of one student.

Its easy to say Jordan could take over the contract, but Jordan doesn't supply clothes and footwear for all their sports. Plus this wasn't a pure cash contract.. it was mostly Product for all teams at UCF.

Coolness.. do you know how many Junior Colleges that Nike would rather give Contracts to that have programs in towns that push product? There are High Schoolsin Small Towns of Texas Nike would rather outfit, because the entire town would rock nothing and buy nothing but Nike.

50K Students there means nothing when you have Miami, Fl. St. and Florida just to name a FEW big time schools.

Im not sure why Adi did what they did... but as far as thinking UA or Champion or Riddell would come in... who knows.. outfitting schools aint exactlycheap...and if Nike and Adi aren't excited to do it, why would others...even those well off like Champion?

Damage Control still in process now.

There really is alot of stuff I didnt even consider before. I didn't know much about the process of sponsoring universities and high schools. At first, Ijust kind of had this view of "well if Adidas won't sponsor us, then it's either UA or Nike, and Nike would love a big university like UCF."I have a totally different perspective on the whole situation now. A lot of what has been said in this thread has opened my eyes up real quick. But after allis said.....still hope to be rockin a gold and black swoosh soon.

I have a hard time believing UCF wouldn't help Nike "At All." People from around the country don't realize how huge UCF is. This is one ofthe top five largest universities in the country and is building a huge alumni base. That has to count for something. Not saying Nike will sign UCF, just thatpeople sleep on the school in general.

Hey Super.. you may be right... of course every little bit helps...but as you say..."building" Nike is strategic and Im not sayig they wont sign.. ORJordan at some point.. BUT... if it was automatic.. they would have never been an Adi school.

Take this into consideration.

Nike didn't have Michigan and Texas A&M taken away... they let them go... Why? because they were seeing return on investments much further and wider atother schools. Michigan and TAM could DEF 'help' Nike's bottom line.. but if Nike can let them go.. what can UCF do that those two schoolscouldn't?

Just something to think about...

Back
Top Bottom