(Married NTers) Can married men make new female friends?

I have no problem being friends with old women or ugly ladies at work, the gym or at social events but I feel guilty befriending  women I find attractive. I love my family and would never cheat but I sometimes feel like just being friends with an attractive women is wrong. I am not sure I would like my wife to have an attractive male friend. What do you guys think?
FYI I am in sales so my job is to befriend people male or female.

na female friendships never work

it seems like women are more attracted to you when u are in some type of committed relationship

As long as you're friends the opportunity is there.

Btw is it infidelity week on NT? Gotta be the 4th thread we've had on this subject in a few days.

While married? Good luck with that.

The woman will secretly want your dingaling and your wife will constantly hate. (generally speaking of course)

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

I have no problem being friends with old women or ugly ladies at work, the gym or at social events but I feel guilty befriending  women I find attractive. I love my family and would never cheat but I sometimes feel like just being friends with an attractive women is wrong. I am not sure I would like my wife to have an attractive male friend. What do you guys think?
FYI I am in sales so my job is to befriend people male or female.

You answered your own question. Theoreticaaly, we know you arent going to cheat, but thoughts of jealousy from your spouse can still arise, so its just not worth it.

This is a tough question. I'll wait to respond
roll.gif

I'm not married but I dont see why not if you keep the distance.

Dont hit your wife up with the I'm hanging out with Jenny at the juice bar be back late and you should be fine.

Originally Posted by datpiff110

it seems like women are more attracted to you when u are in some type of committed relationship

Why is that? NT Ladies?

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Why is that? NT Ladies?
i don't know...
its just an observation i made back in high school

its still proved to be prevalent to this day and I'm 21

its like more girls were flirting with me once i had a girl

they all knew i had a girl and still made that move

its like sometimes they are jealous and what that type of affection 

^presents more of a challenge; there must be something about you that some woman found worth enough to share/spend her life with you, so some women take that as a sign "yeah, this guy has some long-term value, so let's see if I can turn him"

My co-worker (male) & I had this talk & he opined that more women came on to him when they saw his wedding ring... I was like (see above)

They also do it to mess with you "just because they can", & that is drama you don't need.

It boils down to the married guy; if you know your wife & it bothers her, do something about it to allay her fears/insecurities. Always always work on those trust issues, because everyone has them.

I have some attractive female co-workers, but I leave the office at the office.

No need, time or money for the action if things go wrong. Can't/won't speak for everyone, but I got married for a reason.

EDIT: at the OP's "old" or "ugly" co-worker comment...
laugh.gif
 Can't rain all the time

Originally Posted by jbv1

^presents more of a challenge; there must be something about you that some woman found worth enough to share/spend her life with you, so some women take that as a sign "yeah, this guy has some long-term value, so let's see if I can turn him"

My co-worker (male) & I had this talk & he opined that more women came on to him when they saw his wedding ring... I was like (see above)

They also do it to mess with you "just because they can", & that is drama you don't need.

It boils down to the married guy; if you know your wife & it bothers her, do something about it to allay her fears/insecurities. Always always work on those trust issues, because everyone has them.

I have some attractive female co-workers, but I leave the office at the office.

No need, time or money for the action if things go wrong. Can't/won't speak for everyone, but I got married for a reason.

Same here and I agree.

@KatieJade4

WHY WAIT...UR MARRIED LET US KNOW NOW. LOLOL

HERE'S MY TAKE...

IF SHE IS EVEN A TAD BIT JEALOUS IT WILL NEVER WORK...IF SHE CALLS YOU WHILE YOU'RE @ LUNCH AND YOUR WITH YOU'RE FEMALE COWORKER CONSTANTLY ITS GONNA BE AN ISSUE. SO IMAGINE A NEW FEMALE OUT OF THE BLUE...QUESTIONS LIKE HOW'D YOU MEET HER? WHAT BENEFITS DO YOU HAVE AS BEING FRIENDS WITH HER?? IS SHE MARRIED TO? WHY ARE YOU GUYS ALWAYS TEXTING??

YOU CAN BE 100000% FAITHFUL AND HAVE NO INTENTIONS OF ANYTHING AND YOUR WIFE CAN TRUST YOU TO HER LAST BREATH THE JEALOUSY BUG WILL KICK IN AT SOME POINT IN TIME AND LIFE WILL BE HELL.

YOU SAY YOU'RE IN SALES...KEEP EVERYTHING PROFESSIONAL...WHAT I MEAN IS IF YOU BECOME FRIENDS WITH A CHICK THAT YOU FIND ATTRACTIVE THAT'S WHERE YOU WENT WRONG. YOU CAN BE NICE TO ATTRACTIVE FEMALES JUST DONT CALL THEM, DONT SAY LETS GRAB LUNCH, DONT TEXT, AND NEVER GO TO ANYTHING THEY INVITE YOU TO EVEN IF ITS ITS WITH YOUR WIFE.

TRUST ME EITHER DONT TELL YOUR WIFE CUZ SHE PROB ISN'T TELLING YOU EITHER OR DON'T STRESS YOURSELF OVER IT!

Spoiler [+]
FOR THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW...MY CAPS ARE LOCKED @ WORK SO I'M NOT YELLING

Seriously?

If she is ugly: yes
If she is hot: no

On an unrelated note, my married friend (a girl) just celebrated their 10 year anniversary and she is allowing her husband to sleep with another girl as long as she agrees to the girl and she has to watch. She figures that is a nice present to him since he has pretty much only slept with her but man, I don't think I know any other person that would allow this in their relationship.

1000% true, even if it's just a steady BF/GF relationship and not marriage
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

On an unrelated note, my married friend (a girl) just celebrated their 10 year anniversary and she is allowing her husband to sleep with another girl as long as she agrees to the girl and she has to watch. She figures that is a nice present to him since he has pretty much only slept with her but man, I don't think I know any other person that would allow this in their relationship.

He's gonna fall for that trap and she's gonna be out there seeking that 2 on 1 glaze phase next. She think she slick...
grin.gif

somewhat serious question...

why would you want to befriend a hot girl if you cant sex her? why tease yourself like that?

Seriously?

If she is ugly: yes
If she is hot: no

I'VE SEEN PPL TRY THIS AND MOST OF THE TIME....
this-will-not-end-well.jpg

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Mr Fongstarr said:

He's gonna fall for that trap and she's gonna be out there seeking that 2 on 1 glaze phase next. She think she slick...
grin.gif

Haha. Nah, it seems legit. They got married at 20 years old, have 3 kids and they just came back from Vegas at the AVN awards and she was buying her husband lapdanced for 4 hours at Saphire. I guess the only thing is...it has to be straight sex (no kissing or other emotional stuff) with a stranger and someone that doesn't live nearby. I am sure this is easier said then done though but if he follows the rules, he's pretty much getting permission to get down with another girl.

a male and a female can't be friends without at least one person wanting to over step the boundaries at some point in the friendship.
plain and simple.
anyone that denies that is either naive, complete idiot, or doesn't have a social life.

Originally Posted by bigsupa

@KatieJade4

WHY WAIT...UR MARRIED LET US KNOW NOW. LOLOL
roll.gif

I'm 100% faithful and I trust that my husband would never cheat on me. I also know the way I feel when I see another handsome looking man. I know that they're good looking and that's about it. I never think "oh man, wish I was single again so I could tap that" LOLL.. So I'm sure it's the same for my husband. I have no problem socializing and talking with good looking guys but since I've been married I haven't really "befriended" any. Not that I don't want to or want to for that matter, it's just kind of instilled in my mind that I shouldn't. 

BUT... I know if I were to find out that my husband were friends with a really attractive female, it would drive me crazy. Not that I'm insecure or anything like that, it's just like, "what can she or any female for that matter, bring to the table that I can't?" I don't know if that makes sense but I would almost feel disrespected. 

But +#%%#$% is crazy and once a man is in a relationship it's the #1 challenge to get him out of that relationship and into a relationship with her. Women love the thought of being able to "change" a man. Which is one of the reasons why girls go for the "bad guys".

Basically.
As soon as I got a girl, women have been throwing themselves at me...#humblebrag.

Originally Posted by brasilianmami

a male and a female can't be friends without at least one person wanting to over step the boundaries at some point in the friendship.

plain and simple.

anyone that denies that is either naive, complete idiot, or doesn't have a social life.

I have a girl friend and I have girl buddies. Some of them are single with kids and others are just random chicks and my girl knows about them. I don't want them nor do they want me. I don't think it is really that hard as long as you are not hiding it in some sort of way.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

grin.gif

Haha. Nah, it seems legit. They got married at 20 years old, have 3 kids and they just came back from Vegas at the AVN awards and she was buying her husband lapdanced for 4 hours at Saphire. I guess the only thing is...it has to be straight sex (no kissing or other emotional stuff) with a stranger and someone that doesn't live nearby. I am sure this is easier said then done though but if he follows the rules, he's pretty much getting permission to get down with another girl.

even if its not a trap, which it is
laugh.gif
,  she will always be able to use this event to one-up him in future arguments.

hell to the nooo...lol I have been with my wife for 10+years and have had issues with  this very same problem, either new co-workers or just old friends, it never ends well not saying its her fault or mine just not a good combo.. my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom