Martin Lawrence Tour.......Save your money Vol.1

I went to see Martin Lawrence on tour in Richmond, VA. Drove from DC in rush hour traffic, paid a grip for tix and dude was wack. A bunch of recycled jokes, no warm-up comic plus he was only on for a little over an hour. Has anybody else been to one of his shows? Any thoughts?

I'll be sure to cross this off my list. Thanks for the heads up. Hard to believe since Big Momma's House was so well made.

passed on a pair for $140(a week after kevin hart which was 130 for the set & had 3 warm up acts) a month or so back ... i had a feeling & i was right....

Originally Posted by Budweiser

I'll be sure to cross this off my list. Thanks for the heads up. Hard to believe since Big Momma's House was so well made.

really?

Damn man. sorry to hear that he's washed up
30t6p3b.gif
. He was one of my fav comedians.

Originally Posted by got shoes

really?

im almost sure he was making a funny

My folks went to his show in Columbia, SC last friday. We've all been fans of him since house party. Said he was pretty funny, but his set was a little too short.

Lol he's super relaxed nowadays, no way I'd attempt to go see a stand-up of his. He's calmed down a lot like he's really on some daily morning, midday and evening woo sah session achieving peace with oneself.

- Martin Lawrence stand up has never been funny to me. i never understood how people thought "you so crazy" was so funny.....

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

- Martin Lawrence stand up has never been funny to me. i never understood how people thought "you so crazy" was so funny.....

WORD HE WAS NEVER FUNNY AT ALL

NOT ON HIS SHOW ...NOT ON HIS STAND UP

MAYBE MOVIES...BUT BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE WRITE THAT FOR HIM

HE IS LIKE THE URBAN DANE COOK TO ME
laugh.gif

DUDES WAS JUST CAUGHT IN THE HYPE OF THE 90'S MYSTIC DAZE

Originally Posted by G14

laugh.gif

reaching.jpg

Originally Posted by BigTy23

Originally Posted by G14

laugh.gif

reaching.jpg
very true... but even his movies arent the greatest. i love bad boys but most of that movie he's being carried by will smith.. maybe he should change it into the "martin lawrence: Save your money tour".

you know who should do stand up again... eddy murphy

Originally Posted by G14

laugh.gif

THIS

All these comedians pretty much suck. Saw Kevin Hart and he was wack. The opening act, Corey Holcomb, was funnier than him.

Originally Posted by dmncn lew

All these comedians pretty much suck. Saw Kevin Hart and he was wack. The opening act, Corey Holcomb, was funnier than him.

Cory Holcomb is funny as hell so I'm not surprised

I used to like his show for some reason. I tried watching again recently, and it was boring. Not even shanaynay was entertaining.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

you know who should do stand up again... eddy murphy

.....you know, i dont think Eddie wants to mess up that Disney money. dude has managed to pretty much erase everyones memory of how raunchy he used to be and he aint looking back either.

laugh.gif

a friend of mine saw his act this past wknd, said it was good. then again i often differ with a females sense of humor. his style of comedy is dated and irrelevant but anybody saying he was never funny is talking nonsense

why anyone would take someone else's opinion of how funny somebody is i dont know. Comedy is relative to the person. Just because OP didnt like it doesnt mean you won't as well.

no offense

Never seen any of his stand ups. Don't really care to either though...once they start making big bucks stand up because a thing of the past for them and I don't blame em at all.

Martin's show is crazy funny.
Eddie Murphy's standups were great too

Back
Top Bottom