MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
Reading the reviews and hearing about the fight sequences, I really don't want to watch this.:lol:

Is the dialogue/acting/story/cinematography good? Is there anything salvageable?

Really wanna binge but don't wanna waste my day.:lol:

Show isn't bad. I watched two episodes last night. It's not an action type of show, but I'm curious to find out what the deal with his cousin and uncle is.

I'm disappointed in the critics. I was expecting a really big departure in quality from the previous shows just based off of their comments. Not sure if we're watching the same show lol.

Reading the reviews and hearing about the fight sequences, I really don't want to watch this.:lol:

Is the dialogue/acting/story/cinematography good? Is there anything salvageable?

Characterization and plot wise it seems on target with the previous marvel netflix shows.

As far as the fighting, I'm only two episodes in but my gut instinct is that the whole point is to mimic the choreography of some of the cornier Kung fu movies.

Not nearly as big a misstep as the critics claim it to be.

A lot of things can change, but I might put this show above Jessica Jones, a show which was much more warmly received by critics.

Last edited:
It doesnt need to be repeated but the only off aspect is the action / fighting style from IF

Even the fighting isn't that bad to me. I just watch the show with standards I have for the corny Kung fu movies (where the flipping seems fake and the martial arts master fights so easily). I have to think they are going for that kind of style on purpose.

I can understand the disappointment if you're expecting DD or John Wick type of action though.

Last edited:
I agree with most of yall. Weakest of the of the other's so far however that doesn't mean it's bad. I like it.

Biggest complaint most people have is the fight scene, but the only one that was bad was the first one with security IMO. The way I look at that is a very skilled martial artist vs. bum security. Their moves would be telegraphed to a skilled fighter....but maybe I'm reaching. I did notice that the fights have gotten better with the more skilled opponents Danny faced. I agree I was expecting better choreographed fights, but I'm not sitting here going "this is corny". Also Danny not fighting 50 henchmen every episode is more realistic IMO.

Some are not feeling Loras, but I don't know enough about how Danny Rand is in the comics to complain. To me, he's a likable character.

As far as the acting goes, I got no complaint about Finn Jones. Dude who plays Ward Meachum though... I wouldn't protest if he was recasted. His delivery on ever line is :x Not sure if that's just how he talks or if he was directed to act that way. So far Marvel Netflix is like 1 for 20 billion when it comes to hitting a home run with their villain castings. The number 1 being dude who plays Kilgrave in JJ.

Im glad to hear that chick who plays Colleen will be on the Avengers.

Last edited:
These fights scenes are BAD!

laugh.gif

Episode 4, and they set up the hallway like its gonna be DD stairway pt. 2

Nope 
laugh.gif

He moves so slow and he holds all his follow through 
sick.gif

I would have liked to see his training. They always skip the training. They should've followed him in the last moments of him becoming the Iron Fist, and the season ends with him learning that the Hand is in New York. And season 2 could've been about him readjusting to life and all that.

If they had done that I'm sure there would've been a fair share of complaints in this vein: 'I'm tired of origin stories already! Why not skip the origin and focus on something else?'

Naw watch it if you're already into the Netflix MCU, it's really not bad at all, not sure what critics were on. Weakest of the bunch? Yes, but not bad.

Based on how ill a previous iron fist moved either the fights now are really deliberate until he levels up, or the actors​just can't pull it off.

If they had done that I'm sure there would've been a fair share of complaints in this vein: 'I'm tired of origin stories already! Why not skip the origin and focus on something else?'

Yeah but in this sense we never really see these characters who are good fighters train. Just montages.

I'm ok on the training though. Training at a remote location with monks...it would've felt too closely similar to Dr Strange which released pretty close to Iron Fist.

I'm ok on the training though. Training at a remote location with monks...it would've felt too closely similar to Dr Strange which released pretty close to Iron Fist.

Or Batman Begins... rich kid, dead parents, trained in martial arts.

Last edited:

Or Batman Begins... rich kid, dead parents, trained in martial arts.

I mean the characters have that similarity anyway. Those movies suffer from time lapses and they become way too great in a short time span. I get it but I'm just tired of flashbacks and brief training scenes. Arrow burnt me out with that by season 2

Cinematography is on par with the other shows its good but not as great as DD from what I've seen so far. Soundtrack is dope (not as great as Luke Cage but that's not fair, I think only Mr. Robot's soundtrack is in that league).

Acting is solid. Story is really good and engaging enough if you can tolerate a slow burn.

We've all seen worse fighting. Its not as bad as Arrow level fighting or any other network shows. We've all been spoiled with The Raid, John Wick, Ip Man, Into the Badlands (premiered this Sunday), etc. so just don't gonexpecting that

To me the fighting is like a notch and a half below the fighting in the Bourne movies. That's the sort of style with more acrobatics and obviously super mystical powers. A level below The Equalizer.

They're not laughable doing a lot of cuts like in Taken but they do move and angle the can that's evident theyre trying to pull off the fight choreography a certain way.

Back
Top Bottom