MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
:lol: @ Arrow's RT score being brought up like that wasn't during a time when it was like the first cb show that kicked off a shared universe.

Whereas all the critics saying why they didn't like IF is cuz they somehow expected for Marvel to take this show to the next level in quality.

If IF was the first Marvel Netflix show it wouldn't be @ 17%. Its catching that L off of high expectations.

The way this dude Davos holds himself is more how I imagined Danny should act like.

If color blind casting was a real thing, I would've casted that dude instead for IF
Yeah this is where I think ppl are wildly off.

Even with them doing their own take on Danny. Danny in the comics behaves nothing like Davos on the show.

In the recent comics he's far more carefree. Only gets serious when facing warriors from K'un L'un and threats on that level. He's rarely serious in his regular personality.

Only thing I call in to question is Danny is actually a good businessman even with having his care for the ppl attitude and in the comics the Meachum's are gone so he basically runs it by himself.

Last edited:
Other than the casting choice for Danny, I aint THAT mad at it. I hope he gets over this 10yr old in a grown man's body phase by season 2. And they gotta stop letting Gao live, this broad a snake and deceptive as hell. Cats keep wantin the cops to get involved like NYPD can handle the Hand :lol:

And after seeing Get Out and seeing how Joy was playin innocent but ruthless, I'm def not rockin w/ any *********** :lol:

Zik, I don't know if it's about carefree vs not carefree for me.

Just that after a few minutes of seeing dude who plays Davos conduct himself, he makes me believe that he grew up in a monastery instantly. With dude who plays Danny, idk.

Dude who plays Bakuto also does a better job of making me believe he trained in the ancient teachings.

Like when Danny was teaching Colleen how to master inner control, his words fall flat and sounded disingenuous to me. But when dude who plays Bakuto was teaching Danny how to recharge his chi, I totally bought it.

Finn Jones's delivery on a lot of things is just off to me.

Last edited:
Noticing a lot of U.K. and Canadian actors/actresses on these shows, and GoT actors as well.

But I agree, dude's delivery is mad dry. I don't know how he acts on GoT but he has no charisma on this show. And the sucky thing is, w/ familiarity w/ our actors in roles, can't really find another actor to play Danny.

I'm 10 mins into the first episode

Why wouldn't Danny just tell those two childhood friends something they know that only Danny Rand would know 
laugh.gif
 son really made no attempt to convince them of who he was

Zik, I don't know if it's about carefree vs not carefree for me.

Just that after a few minutes of seeing dude who plays Davos conduct himself, he makes me believe that he grew up in a monastery instantly. With dude who plays Danny, idk.

Dude who plays Bakuto also does a better job of making me believe he trained in the ancient teachings.

Like when Danny was teaching Colleen how to master inner control, his words fall flat and sounded disingenuous to me. But when dude who plays Bakuto was teaching Danny how to recharge his chi, I totally bought it.

Finn Jones's delivery on a lot of things is just off to me.
Well I can't really help how you feel about Danny being genuine or lack of it. I don't feel that way and didn't feel like he didnt know what he was talking about.

He just seems to be more appreciative and open to talking about it as opposed to Davos being such a hard ***. He was tight Danny told anybody about the iron fist and K'un L'un.

And as far as his personality and not seeming like he was raised in a monastery from the age of 10, they've given Danny serious trauma and personal issues to get over and evolve from. They brought up his mask of seeming carefree and Claire mentioned he seemed one way when they met and he's gotten darker and darker as things got more serious and he had more realizations. Danny got some Goku traits in him; not like other saiyans, too playful as a martial artist. Danny aint like other warriors from K'un L'un. Gao confirmed this. She was just wrong in what she thought he would go for.

I took that in to consideration with his childlike trusting and naivety.

Danny is the outsider that got the IF mantle, he's not gonna Be like Bakuto or Davos. He's different intentionally. That seems like the clear path they're taking with Danny being an IF that doesn't kill.

The killing dilemma has ran across all 4 of the series in that way. Not a surprise Danny isn't with it. It'd be too easy. He needs to go through more hard ****. Dude was raised in K'un L'un but even he says the Ha d was treated like a myth cuz they aint even bother to attack in 15 years. So his hesitation in killing had a basis.

The brainwashing theme that was raised also was a strong point when dealing with the monks that raised Danny and the Hand doing it to other a in a more manipulative way. That's how you get a Davos who does it without question. They show you Bakuto lying and manipulating. You see how the younger Hand members act.

Danny and Colleen going against that is a part of the storytelling.

Last edited:
From ep 8 on the show got lit.

Its why I said insist Bakuto, Davos showed up 2 or 3 eps earlier. Then they can do more with the Meachum finale.

Yeah show got going around episode 6 for me, and 8, 9, and 10 were all good episodes. I'm on 11 now.

And I disagree with the Hand being better in DD. They were cool in DDS1 because they weren't fleshed out yet. They were shadowy. In DDS2, that subarc with all that stuff and Elektra was uninteresting. Honestly, outside of the Punisher, I don't even remember much about Season 2. I liked what they did with them so far in IF. I like the idea of their being trouble within the Hand and Gao's faction being an offshoot of the organization at large.

Hmm.

Finished the whole season.

7.5/10 and I can't go higher than that.

Script is very weak. Direction is very weak. Show had so much potential but came up short.

The characters flip flopping was too much and felt forced.

Example. One episode Joy was appalled that her father would set up Danny. Next episode she's seriously entertaining the idea of killing Danny with Davos.

The showrunner and writers should not work with Marvel netflix again. They have no idea how to make a story flow.

A lot of the stuff felt very amateur ish where the writers made their characters make decisions based for plot convenience sake without working to find the characters proper motivation. I expect this stuff from DC, but not marvel netflix.

Last edited:
Hmm.

Finished the whole season.

7.5/10 and I can't go higher than that.

Script is very weak. Direction is very weak. Show had so much potential but came up short.

The characters flip flopping was too much and felt forced.

Example. One episode Joy was appalled that her father would set up Danny. Next episode she's seriously entertaining the idea of killing Danny with Davos.

The showrunner and writers should not work with Marvel netflix again.

one minute Davos is his best friend and protector, the next he must die

Not a bad show but I just don't think they got this character, from the casting to the story. You can't tell me you picture this whiny, petulant IF with the Luke Cage we already know all buddy buddy as a hero for hire. Just doesn't seem that worldy for them to connect.

A minute into the Into the Badlands season premiere and I think I like it less.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom