MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
I'm kinda surprised that with all the characters being race bended in the comics that they haven't made IF Asian yet :rofl:

He is the most obvious race bend

I don't get you with this :rofl:

Making him Asian gonna solve all these complaints.

You kept going on and on about this issue before even one ep was out and now any criticisms about the show has little to nothing to do with Finn Jones being white :lol:

Being Asian aint some shield from what ppl don't like.

But maybe there should be a poll :nerd: Is some other Asian actor gonna make ppl love the writing?
Can't really separate him from Matt or Luke.

an asain dude going back to look into his and finding out about this mystical power is an actually interesting and fresh story vs the white savoir/billionaire playboy superhero thing that's been done to death.
Wait have you watched the series yet?

I'm talking about the Iron Fist series. Not some story you're making up in your head.

The season as is does not become a better one if Danny is played by an Asian actor.

Please don't try to tell me the story would be different or written/done wildly different by the same writers and showrunner and directors.

I'm kinda surprised that with all the characters being race bended in the comics that they haven't made IF Asian yet :rofl:

He is the most obvious race bend
Which is why they didn't.

Marvel haven't been doing a whole lot of obvious.

Amadeus Cho being the Hulk in the comics makes some sense.

Nothing obvious should Tilda as the Ancient One or making Nick Fury Sam Jackson.

Last edited:
Either DD or IF got the most years of actual training right now in the Marvel universe

Like of actually being that thing..

Well I lie, Thor got the most.. then banner I guess

nah i havent watched the series.

rhe way it's been described in the reviews seems wholly unintresting. the iron fist character is wholy uninteresting and derivative. and white savoir trope.

so yes I would find it to be a much fresher and more interesting concept if it was told from the perspective of an asain person as the lead. if that happened maybe they hire different showrnner or writers maybe some people who have a stronger connection to that premise.

but hey they went with random blond guy, hope it works out for marvel.

Last edited:
I don't get you with this :rofl:

Making him Asian gonna solve all these complaints.

You kept going on and on about this issue before even one ep was out and now any criticisms about the show has little to nothing to do with Finn Jones being white :lol:

Being Asian aint some shield from what ppl don't like.

But maybe there should be a poll :nerd: Is some other Asian actor gonna make ppl love the writing?
Can't really separate him from Matt or Luke.

an asain dude going back to look into his and finding out about this mystical power is an actually interesting and fresh story vs the white savoir/billionaire playboy superhero thing that's been done to death.

That's a totally different story though.

If we kept the writing the same, but IF was Asian it would still be trash.

That being said, I am sick of the tropes though.

thats the point im trying to make. make it different, Iron Fist is not a sacred cow, no one cares if you make major changes.

so yeah chaning the race of the character natrually changes the whole story.

Last edited:

thats the point im trying to make. make it different, Iron Fist is not a sacred cow, no one cares if you make major changes.

so yeah chaning the race of the character natrually changes the whole story.

Yeah, that'd be great then.

I dunno why they had him rocking that struggle beard and mop haircut the whole time. I didn't know the hipster look was the trend in k'un lun.

Finn Jones probably crying in a hole somewhere wishing he never took the job :lol:

The whole world seems to be slandering him

I already said they didn't and described what I thought it was. If anything that would be the goal to what Danny becomes.

This is basically an Iron Fist Year One situation given the obvious changes (adding the Hand so heavily). He's earned the mantle of Iron Fist but his training is not complete. 15 years of training does not make you a master. If that were true damn near every person that trained to be the next IF would be a master of kung fu. That's just dumb. In this telling of his origin he dipped on K'un L'un after beating the dragon, this Danny is younger and has a lot of trauma that is being dealt with differently and for show purposes interferes with his ability.

I made that post cuz some of yall just made up your own expectations of the character that are baseless and it's actually due to not knowing anything about the character which I find odd.

idk, dude spent 15 years training his mind and body

loses his emotions constantly. i guess hes not a "master".

but brb channel my chi im good.

Last edited:
Finn Jones probably crying in a hole somewhere wishing he never took the job :lol:

Son is promoting Defenders and hinting at who will how up in S2 of Iron Fist.

I already said they didn't and described what I thought it was. If anything that would be the goal to what Danny becomes.

This is basically an Iron Fist Year One situation given the obvious changes (adding the Hand so heavily). He's earned the mantle of Iron Fist but his training is not complete. 15 years of training does not make you a master. If that were true damn near every person that trained to be the next IF would be a master of kung fu. That's just dumb. In this telling of his origin he dipped on K'un L'un after beating the dragon, this Danny is younger and has a lot of trauma that is being dealt with differently and for show purposes interferes with his ability.

I made that post cuz some of yall just made up your own expectations of the character that are baseless and it's actually due to not knowing anything about the character which I find odd.

Danny gets angry only when it deals with his trauma or revelations about it. Why? Cuz he's in a situation that constantly gonna bring those memories back.

Notice Davos has probably been training just as long if not longer than Danny and was easily angered when discussion led back to the fact that Danny left, left without him, is the Iron Fist and won't return, etc.

Claire brought it up cuz this whole bury your feelings with Zen is garbage and just leads to more anger issues.

Neither of these dudes have figured out the key. That whole centering yourself only works when you also work through your anger by reasoning out solutions and ****.

Danny was out here in this series like he had Bruce Banner problems cuz he has yet to deal with his serious childhood trauma.

He's not a master. Again it makes no sense to say training 15 years makes you a master. Neither is 20. All the ppl trying to be the Iron Fist train from childhood as well.

The way yall being stubborn about this I guess they did need to show a flashback in K'un L'un of Danny and dozens of other K'un L'un kids training.

Last edited:
Something tells me if this scored off the charts good on RT prior to the series, the convos would be much different right now.

It's just the world we live in.
If you don't fit then I'm not talking about you but unfortunately statistics show that media does tell the majority of us how to feel and what to think, on just about everything.

Actually now we're on par with the DCEU thread. Differing opinions so now it's time to insult people's intelligence.

15 years is the time from you're 15 years old to 30, you've learned and mastered things since then.
:lol: You just made this up.

But trying to apply this to martial arts and then a fictional martial art with mystical powers is especially crazy.

If yall are taking the stance that 15 years of training makes you a master then everyone in K'un L'un is a master but somehow the guy who earned the Iron Fist and left before finishing his training and his friend who left to bring him back are the only guys who aren't masters.

To me when it comes to being a master of something like fighting and a specific discipline of fighting, it takes your master to actually say you've mastered the [insert martial arts name] style after you've been tested.

Fighting Shao Lao in a cave to become the Iron Fist is a whole other matter.

Also Danny got to K'un L'un when he was 10, 15 years later he's 25 on the show.

Last edited:
If it doesn't fit....

Insulting peoples intelligence is much different than what I did.

I merely posted a statistic. 

It is what it is.

Actually I apologize.

I had no business making a statement like that and I definitely don't want the thread to drift away from discussing the Show.

My bad.

Last edited:
This is the weakest of the Marvel Netflix shows. I wasn't crazy about The Hand in Daredevil and didn't care much for them in this show. Loras isn't a convincing Kung Fu fighter, he comes off like a millennial trust fund baby who spent a couple of months at a Shinto temple. The Meachum family was lame, Colleen was boring. The most exciting part in the whole show was the old footage of the previous Iron Fist. He had a costume, both fists were lit. Ser Loras Fist was terrible. This show dragged on too much and the budget felt kind of low. The trip to China was ridiculous. The battle on top of Silvercup, fruckouttahere. This show needed some cameos from the other heroes.

Son is promoting Defenders and hinting at who will how up in S2 of Iron Fist.

Danny gets angry only when it deals with his trauma or revelations about it. Why? Cuz he's in a situation that constantly gonna bring those memories back.

Notice Davos has probably been training just as long if not longer than Danny and was easily angered when discussion led back to the fact that Danny left, left without him, is the Iron Fist and won't return, etc.

Claire brought it up cuz this whole bury your feelings with Zen is garbage and just leads to more anger issues.

Neither of these dudes have figured out the key. That whole centering yourself only works when you also work through your anger by reasoning out solutions and ****.

Danny was out here in this series like he had Bruce Banner problems cuz he has yet to deal with his serious childhood trauma.

He's not a master. Again it makes no sense to say training 15 years makes you a master. Neither is 20. All the ppl trying to be the Iron Fist train from childhood as well.

The way yall being stubborn about this I guess they did need to show a flashback in K'un L'un of Danny and dozens of other K'un L'un kids training.

Wait, just to get an idea cause I didn't really go throught he last few pages.

You enjoyed the show?

Last edited:
5.7/8

Definitely my least favorite of all the Marvel Netflix series but I still enjoyed it overall.

Didn't have a problem with any of the acting but Jessica as Colleen was for sure the stand out and Finn was fine as Danny. His child like behavior was starting to annoy me towards the end but I blame that more on the writing.

Speaking of the writing, that was their biggest problem with some of their characters. Whether it was their motivations or their dialogue, that **** could have been cleaned up a bit. They had a lot of great ideas for the story but just weren't able to execute it just right.

The action needed some help. It got better as the series went on but we expect better after DD.

If they make some changes behind the scenes, I can see this show making a huge leap if they make a second season.

Ward looked an evil Justin Long

fighting overall was meh... i just watched headshot so that didn't help. 

fighting at the end was dope though... the 3 way fight in the elevator lobby the and the sword fight in the rain was dope.

i still enjoyed this though and binged it in 2 days. it took too long to get to that point though. 

IF has a lot of work to do to catch up to DD if they want to do the defenders.  

punisher will be better than all of the other netflix jawns 

if they follow garth ennis's punisher max series and start off with Punisher Born...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom