MARVEL NETFLIX Thread * RIP STAN LEE - Jessica Jones = Final Season

WHICH MARVEL SHOW/SEASON HAS BEEN YOUR FAVORITE SO FAR?

• Daredevil S1

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • Daredevil S2

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Jessica Jones

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Luke Cage

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • He Insisted & Bragged That He Was the Iron Fist But Never Really Showed & Whined About It Instead AK

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
These shows and movies may not follow the comics, but they stay true to the essence of the characters to some extent. I dont see why some are expecting or want DD to kill.
Before Stick did what he did to Nobu, could we assume that DD thought he killed him when he went off the balcony? Obviously, things were probably sorted out at Elektra's grave, but still....

These shows and movies may not follow the comics, but they stay true to the essence of the characters to some extent. I dont see why some are expecting or want DD to kill.
Before Stick did what he did to Nobu, could we assume that DD thought he killed him when he went off the balcony? Obviously, things were probably sorted out at Elektra's grave, but still....
it seems like electra/punisher/the world around him wore him down over the course of the season
dude went from making an effort to stop punisher and electra from killing people

to telling frank that just this one time maybe killing is okay

to being totally fine with electra stabbing people in the face right next to him and giving punisher a respect head nod after he headshot a few dudes from a building away

to kicking the main villain off the building

he has been convinced 
pimp.gif

it seems like electra/punisher/the world around him wore him down over the course of the season

dude went from making an effort to stop punisher and electra from killing people

to telling frank that just this one time maybe killing is okay

to being totally fine with electra stabbing people in the face right next to him and giving punisher a respect head nod after he headshot a few dudes from a building away

to kicking the main villain off the building

he has been convinced :pimp:
All great points. In addition, the two women he loves both have no issue with killing people and agreeing to that type of "justice." Elektra's was obvious....but Karen has blood on her hands from S1, and the reason why Murdock soured on her earlier was because she understood and agreed with what The Punisher was doing to those responsible for killing his family.

Makes me so intrigued for S3 and the type of DD that we'll see. Will this be the season where he finally kills someone? I don't follow the comics, but my gut says "yes."

I gotta say they had to nail down the whole killing not killing issue.

To me the fight choreography is great regardless so a stairwell scene with DD is just as entertaining as the prison cell block fight with Frank.

I thoroughly enjoy DD beating the crap out of ppl until they're unconscious. I don't think it'd give me extra satisfaction if he killed everybody. Plus it'd go against his code and faith. I don't know why yall ignoring he is religious. He was struggling with this with Kingpin and thought he accomplished something when he put him away and that developed when he realized not much had changed. They did their best showing Matt was even willing to compromise that when it came to Frank.

On another note, Elektra seemed to hype up Nobu's rep but Matt has beaten the **** out of him easily like 3 times now :lol: Did it in S1 when he got lit on fire, came back and beat him up when he had to escape, then did it again flinging him off the roof. Nobu is either weak sauce or Matt is one of the best fighters in the world. Stuff like that gets me hyped for Iron Fist.

7/8 for S2 from me.

*I'm not a comic reader*

- Why didn't Elektra ever re-gear and get protective sleeves or for her torso in general? Does it have to do with her flexibility?
- Karen the character, not the acting, got tiresome at moments. As if she was getting way too involved for her own good.

Like I said, I haven't read any of the related comics, so I wouldn't know if my questions are answered within them.
I assume speed and flexibility is why she didn't get some durable stuff.

I don't remember much of Karen in the comics admittedly but this version is super nosy and unrelenting when she thinks she's getting to the "truth". It honestly made perfect sense for her to be a journalist. The law had too many rules for her. I just hope she isn't as annoying next season with w/e her next case is.

Last edited:
i need nobu to come back season 3 and turn water into wine

that will really get matt to question his faith 

Karen busted on herself during that rain scene, she gonna have to throw away those panties :lol:

I hope Frank ain't done for....dude was absolute greatness!

Karen busted on herself during that rain scene, she gonna have to throw away those panties
laugh.gif

I hope Frank ain't done for....dude was absolute greatness!
That would be a waste of good panties. She could give em to me. I'll make tea with em

Pretty much. If they end up having a hero kill then that's cool, but you really shouldn't be expecting it in my opinion and complaining about a hero not killing is just silly. :lol:

I liked the seaosn don't love it, honestley I think I liked JJ better.

The person who plays Foggy isn't very good.

All the non Daredevil plotlines are a struggle sometimes, especially the heavily preachy on the nose dialogue.

John Bernthal was the highlight for me, dude is perfect as Frank, his pain is very convincing, his gruesomeness is perfection....would
Love for him to pop up in Infinity War

After binging the one thing that bothered me thoughtout was the forced romance between Matt and Karen, those 2 have 0 chemistry, it was almost cringe worthy to me...him and Rosario, him and Electra both have worked, him and Karen....yuk...

Another thing that bothered me and maybe it was just him playing it off, but why did he allow Fisk to man handle him like that in prison?

Also was the colonel the Blacksmith?....that plot was piss poor and random as hell!!!!

And why was K Moss not all scarred up?...didn't she get sliced up by her GF during JJ?

I agree about Matt & Karen

Dude had to play it off against Fisk. Can't be having ol Matty doing backflip kicks when he's suppose to be a blind lawyer :lol:

Yeah, he was the blacksmith.

View media item 1964399
Such a joke this was :lol:

After binging the one thing that bothered me thoughtout was the forced romance between Matt and Karen, those 2 have 0 chemistry, it was almost cringe worthy to me...him and Rosario, him and Electra both have worked, him and Karen....yuk...

Agreed on this. And that is a testament to Karen the character, not her acting. I thought Woll was fine throughout.

All the Foggy slander around here and I don't think Elden Henson was a miscast at all.

Last edited:
I don't understand how y'all don't think Foggy was a bother this season. All his whining about Matt not being there was killing me

Another thing that bothered me and maybe it was just him playing it off, but why did he allow Fisk to man handle him like that in prison?

Also was the colonel the Blacksmith?....that plot was piss poor and random as hell!!!!

I actually thought that the fact he didn't fight back too much made a whole lot of sense, because do more than what a lawyer can do and you're gonna start raising some warning bells in Fisk's mind. As it is, the single punch he gave was shrugged off because, as Fisk noted, Matt IS the son of a boxer. And even then you still had Fisk looking deeper into Matt after the fact, which will undoutedly lead to him discovering Matt's identity at some point.

Agreed on Matt and Karen not having much, if any chemistry.

Yes, the Colonel was Blacksmith.

I don't understand how y'all don't think Foggy was a bother this season. All his whining about Matt not being there was killing me

Matt wasn't there though :lol: He legit let Foggy down multiple times. He had good reasons, but Foggy in turn had good reasons for being annoyed, which is why everything worked so well in my opinion. Neither of them was in the wrong, but they were unable to come to terms over things and then deciding to split honestly was a good decision for both sides. Same goes for Karen deciding to branch into journalism.

Last edited:
Foggy was right though at least from his perspective. Matt was ******* up. The reasons for him being gone at certain points were complete bull ****.

He just geeking off Elektra so he joined her to steal the ledger. Son should've done the opening statement. I was awaiting that to see if they'd show Matt Murdock the lawyer a bit more. Then okay Elektra almost dies but you got a day job fool, go do your job. Then imo he didn't do enough crossing Frank but w/e.

Foggy just saw what Matt does at night as not as important especially when you got a failing law firm you aint trying to help.

I'm wondering going forward where Matt is going to get money to live in his apt. If he isn't going to be a lawyer anymore how he gonna live? Unless he fully allies with Stick and gets on that unlimited resources no questions asked lifestyle.

Last edited:
So I'm assuming we can atleast expect to see Foggy in a couple episodes Jessica Jones season 2.

Karen was super annoying, reminded me how much I disliked her when she was introduced in True Blood season 2 and super annoying season 3.

Matt acting self righteous thinking he better than Stick and Frank just because he is not taking lives, saw where that ended him up at.

Foggy I can't fault, dude busted his *** on a case he didn't even want to be apart of and Matt constantly lets him down.

Only people I really liked this season was Punisher and Stick.

Started episode 6. So i'm assuming there was a 10 year gap of them seeing each other from Elektra leaving the mansion to her appearing in his apartment. Then at her place matt said he thought he took care of the yakuza which is telling me he knows that she knows he's Daredevil. Guess she knows him better than he thought and she figured it out. This was seconds before she opened the duffel bag with his gear in it so she could've just found out when she snooped around his place but she she set all of this up from the beginning and wanted him to team with her to fight the yakuza goons.

Ok, the next scene at the diner just answered all of that.

Last edited:
Matt wasn't there though
laugh.gif
He legit let Foggy down multiple times. He had good reasons, but Foggy in turn had good reasons for being annoyed, which is why everything worked so well in my opinion. Neither of them was in the wrong, but they were unable to come to terms over things and then deciding to split honestly was a good decision for both sides. Same goes for Karen deciding to branch into journalism.
Matt wasn't there gave Foggy the evolutionary need for some testicles lol yea Matt wasn't there and it sure put a damper on things but good lord Foggy made it seem like he was truly the 3rd banana on a 2 man team. Like he had 0 self confidence. I just wanted him to tell Matt to stay home and mean it
Foggy was right though at least from his perspective. Matt was ******* up. The reasons for him being gone at certain points were complete bull ****.

He just geeking off Elektra so he joined her to steal the ledger. Son should've done the opening statement. I was awaiting that to see if they'd show Matt Murdock the lawyer a bit more. Then okay Elektra almost dies but you got a day job fool, go do your job. Then imo he didn't do enough crossing Frank but w/e.

Foggy just saw what Matt does at night as not as important especially when you got a failing law firm you aint trying to help.

I'm wondering going forward where Matt is going to get money to live in his apt. if he isn't going to be a lawyer anymore how he gonna live? Unless he fully allies with Stick and gets on that unlimited resources no questions asked lifestyle.
Matt had a monkey wrench with nice legs thrown at him during this case, albeit that Foggy didn't know but man Foggy sounded like he needed Matt to hold his hand the entire case when each time he was needed to step up he did. Like after that speech in the hospital Foggy should have felt like Matt was holding him back from being a real man

Matt's next job needs to be a PI and leave the lawyer stuff until Foggy forgives him because he will. Karen kinda bothered me but mostly because I thought she was cute in True Blood. She was so bland in this season it confused me about what I saw before

Back
Top Bottom