Mass shooting in San Bernardino

I work for in one of the City of LA govt buildings and they just posted a security guard on my floor
nerd.gif

They say they are taking precautions since they suspended a disgruntled employee
nerd.gif
Charlie Hebdo had two cops guarding it like 24/7. And look what happened. It would be a much better solution not to give people like this the opportunity to obtain the weapons to carry out these attacks to begin with.

Charlie Hebdo had two cops guarding it like 24/7. And look what happened. It would be a much better solution not to give people like this the opportunity to obtain the weapons to carry out these attacks to begin with.
Assault weapons were illegal in France already when that attack happened. Your solution is worthless since it failed to stop that attack.

And they are already here. You can't wish them away now.

Last edited:

How do we go about that now?

I mean 185,000 FBI background checks were ran on black Friday on individuals wanting to buy guns.

The guns are already out there, even if we had an assault rifle ban.

And then from there, do we also ban handguns? Shotguns? What about hunting rifles?

What do we do about the guns already out there? How do we account for the millions of firearms out there?

And then what about the fact that these two had explosives and may have used them in the event of a more sophisticated attack?

And as much as so many people don't want to hear it, if we as a society no longer have a right to bear arms, how can we protect ourselves from a tyrannical government? Our nation was founded under the tyrannical rule of the British empire. We got cops out here killing civilians, do we not have a right to protect ourselves?

I mean, there's just so many levels to this.

Last edited:
Man, its about to be a royal rumble in the states 2016. Blacks vs whites, Christians vs Muslims. Civil war 2 in 2020. If we haven't killed humanity by then...

Assault weapons were illegal in France already when that attack happened. Your solution is worthless since it failed to stop that attack.
They've also been illegal in Australia after a mass shooting and it prevented further mass shootings for almost 20 years now.

Also, the amount of mass shootings in France is way lower than in the United States.

Obviously, introducing a law is not enough in itself. You also have to enforce it. Laws are made in order to minimize crimes and not as guarantees that the crime will never take place again. And allowing some fool who got fired, can't get laid, suddenly found God and trying to make up for years of sinning or is salty for whatever other reason to buy firearms is far from minimizing the probability of **** like this happening.

And they are already here. You can't wish them away now.

Exactly. There are MORE guns in America than there are people in the US. Prohibiting them would just create a bigger black market than there already is.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-for-every-man-woman-and-child-and-then-some/

And as I outlined earlier in the thread, it's the states with the most stringent gun laws that have the most gun related crimes.

Most people ignore the fact prohibition never works. I'm as progressive and liberal as the next man but they are dead wrong on banning guns. Not happening and won't change a thing.

Most people ignore the fact prohibition never works. I'm as progressive and liberal as the next man but they are dead wrong on banning guns. Not happening and won't change a thing.
If you were really as progressive or liberal as the next guy, you'd know progressives and liberals are not talking about banning guns. Rather, we're talking about passing logical gun control policy, much of which is aimed at stopping head cases from obtaining them without solid background checks.

If you were really as progressive or liberal as the next guy, you'd know progressives and liberals are not talking about banning guns. Rather, we're talking about passing logical gun control policy, much of which is aimed at stopping head cases from obtaining them without solid background checks.

Preach!

Plenty if people are talking about banning at a minimum semi automatic rifles. Lets not pretend.

I personally dont know why anyone needs a bushmaster

They've also been illegal in Australia after a mass shooting and it prevented further mass shootings for almost 20 years now.

Also, the amount of mass shootings in France is way lower than in the United States.

Obviously, introducing a law is not enough in itself. You also have to enforce it. Laws are made in order to minimize crimes and not as guarantees that the crime will never take place again. And allowing some fool who got fired, can't get laid, suddenly found God and trying to make up for years of sinning or is salty for whatever other reason to buy firearms is far from minimizing the probability of **** like this happening.

But again, the guns are already out there.

There's more guns in America then there are Americans.

What percentage of assault rifle owners would turn in their guns if they were made illegal? 50%? 60%? Let's say 99%, which is highly unlikely, 1% would still mean there are thousands of assault rifles still out there. In some states it's perfectly legal at the moment to sell your assault rifle to someone else privately.

So what of those? In some states you don't have to register your firearm after purchasing it privately. That includes assault rifles.

Please believe, if there was a ban on its way, a lot of people would be scurrying behind the scenes to purchase 'em under the radar.

By making those rifles illegal, we'd just be expanding the black market and making those weapons expensive. Sure the average Joe (or Mohmmad :rolleyes) won't have the dough to pony up for such weapons buuuuttt someone will.

Organized terror cells for example. Not unlike the one that attacked the Bataclan.

So my question is this, how much can gun prohibition at this point really help? In my eyes it could potentially do far more harm than good.

Okay, let's start here. What's a proper background check? A psych exam? Any criminal history/arrests whatsoever? Or should all muslims be precluded from owning assault rifles?

A November 2012 Congressional Research Service report found that, as of 2009, there were approximately 310 million firearms in the United States:114 million handguns, 110 million rifles, and 86 million shotguns.” However, author William J. Krouse went on to note that “data are not available on the number of ‘assault weapons’ in private possession or available for sale, but one study estimated that 1.5 million assault weapons were privately owned in 1994.”

http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/20...many_assault_rifles_are_there_in_america.html

IF there were 1.5 million assault weapons privately owned in America in '94, how many are there now?

I'd wager, as much as 5 million assault weapons are out there in 2015.

How are we going to go about accounting for all those weapons in the event of a nationwide assault rifle ban?

What's a solid background check to you? And what are you going to do? Ban private sale? You think Backwood bob is really going to register his guns?

Nothing wrong with a background check but it's not going to change anything. We all know you can get a gun as easily as a bag of weed.

Last edited:

What use is a background check when someone snaps and acquires one illegally? Background checks seem about as useful as a restraining order on an ex who's already made up his/her mind that he's going to kill his girlfriend/boyfriend.

They are useless, it's just making certain people happy. I got a big scary assault rifle and they forgot to run mine and asked me to come back so they didn't get in trouble. :rofl: no one is enforcing that.

I don't know what the solution is but a background check ending this all is a joke. Living in a fantasy land if you think that will change anything.

What use is a background check when someone snaps and acquires one illegally? Background checks seem about as useful as a restraining order on an ex who's already made up his/her mind that he's going to kill his girlfriend/boyfriend.

That and, well.

If someone really wants to go out and kill a bunch of people they don't need a gun of any kind.

Remember the 2014 Kunming attack in Yunnan?

8 knife weilding men left 29 people dead and another 140 injured at a train station.

We've seen that if someone, or a group of people want to go out and kill a bunch of people, an assault rifle or a handgun is just one option.

It doesn't. But it sure as hell makes things a lot harder to carry out a massacre. Also make the consequences for possessing an illegal firearm harsher.

So what's the solution if every idea proposed to make things even slightly better is met with the "no way it'll work" opposition?

It doesn't. But it sure as hell makes things a lot harder to carry out a massacre. Also make the consequences for possessing an illegal firearm harsher.

How does it make things harder?

DIdn't seem to make things harder in Paris.

Shoot, didn't make things harder for Adam Lanza, all son had to do is get it from his mommy.

So what's the solution if every idea proposed to make things even slightly better is met with the "no way it'll work" opposition?

How bout we do nothing?

There, that's the solution and the only one that'll work.

Believe it or not there are folks in the middle east fighting ISIS, let 'em fight. Hell let Putin do his thug thizzle. Let Assad **** himself off.

Because right now, ISIS is banking on folks in the west starting up their own individual cells and doing this ****. Let's stop the vicious cycle before we really set off WW3.

We need to just stop and we need our politicians to come out and say that we're done, we're not getting involved in this **** no more. I know we made a lot of this mess, but **** it, let other ****** clean it up. Let's do nothing.

****, it worked for Seinfeld.

Last edited:
How does it make things harder?

DIdn't seem to make things harder in Paris.

Shoot, didn't make things harder for Adam Lanza, all son had to do is get it from his mommy.

There is an obsessive gun culture in the U.S. We need to take measures to rebel against it. Simple as that.

Back
Top Bottom