Mass shooting in San Bernardino

Damn bros this hits close to home, i went to school out in san berdo, right on waterman.

[emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

CNN's coverage is terrible. Let those families have a moment of peace - "Can you read us the texts your child sent you?" :smh:

Switzerland has a healthy gun culture.

America does not
Exactly. It's just that people, especially those outside of the US, are quick to point the finger at the amount of guns and the laws rather than the culture behind it and mental health.

But it is easier to change laws, that it is to transform a culture. And laws influence the culture

http://world.time.com/2012/12/20/the-swiss-difference-a-gun-culture-that-works/

Here is a great article on the Swiss gun culture, America is not anywhere close to this in my opinion.

The power the NRA has over the government is ridiculous. The government can't do research on gun violence in the United States by law, and the ATF is handicapped from doing their job of getting illegally trafficked guns off the street.

It is a ******* mess, some of the no brainier polices that will hurt no responsible gun owner are spoken about like it would be tyranny by Emperor Obama. :rolleyes :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
What people don't realize Is that most criminals don't go through the normal route of purchasing weapons. Most are getting weapons some other way. My grudge with the ccw laws is that ccw carriers are well trained shooters with hours and hours of practice. They're not your normal Joe carrying a gun. I grew up in a no gun house, my parents hated them, I couldn't even have toy guns. But as an adult screw that I bought some stuff before they fell of the approved list, all registered and training taken. We need to get over the fear, and learn how to handle them and use them as necessary. I don't understand how people can look at that chart and not want to learn how to be able to defend themselves. These guys are irate and shooting into crowds all it takes is one person shooting back for reality to set in.

What people don't realize Is that most criminals don't go through the normal route of purchasing weapons. Most are getting weapons some other way. My grudge with the ccw laws is that ccw carriers are well trained shooters with hours and hours of practice. They're not your normal Joe carrying a gun. I grew up in a no gun house, my parents hated them, I couldn't even have toy guns. But as an adult screw that I bought some stuff before they fell of the approved list, all registered and training taken. We need to get over the fear, and learn how to handle them and use them as necessary. I don't understand how people can look at that chart and not want to learn how to be able to defend themselves. These guys are irate and shooting into crowds all it takes is one person shooting back for reality to set in.

Famb if a dude catches you by surprise with an automatic weapon, you catching the fade just everyone else.

Let's not act like a concealed carry license turns folk into Raylan Given all of a sudden.

And I don't want to live in a society where there are a ton of people with guns, on edge, in public spaces, waiting for something to pop off for them to play "hero"

In that world, my guess would be a lot of people committing petty crimes are going to get murdered, instead of active shooters getting stopped

-------

And another thing, the reason there isn't a "war on illegal guns" is because of protections put in place by the government, on behalf of the NRA.

Maybe we should as a country should also be looking to stop the sale and movement of illegal guns, so criminals can't get a hold of them so easily, and folk won't need to carry around guns everywhere

Last edited:

Thing is there's plently of people that don't have the mental capacity to operate a car let alone a gun yet are being handed out like toys without thorough checks. It's not just illegal weapons, the parenthood guy got his the legal way, the kid who shot up the church got his from his dad. Stricter laws and control are needed anyone denying that as these events continue to become weekly occurrences is living in a fantasy land.

The fear-mongering and the "need" for guns is part of the problem though.

I live in a near gun-free country (takes a lot of steps and thorough background checks to get a license for a firearm and you must either be a licensed hunter or be a registered member of a shooting club) and I don't want or need guns. I don't know a single person who supports guns, wants or needs them; excluding hunters.

The current US gun culture just promotes fear and the need for guns. It's a vicious circle that just keeps on going.

Last edited:
Damn active shooter so that means the suspects are probably traveling somewhere out here in So Cal. Reminds me of the Dorner situation. Time to lock/load!

Many people make that point and to me when you change a law, it's not so that criminals will stop doing what they are doing because it's now illegal but it allows us a nation to define what is legally unacceptable and making it clear that this is not a permissible act.

We do need to overcome the fear of the power of a firearm while also respecting what we are taking charge of when a persons handles a gun. there's a lot of things that can happen when a person handles a gun and that reality sets harsh with a lot of people and not everybody is capable of operating a gun properly, but that's okay.

Gun fights won't stop these events, they may infact propel would be assailants to get access to much larger/more powerful weapons that normal law abiding citizens won't be carrying around daily

Back
Top Bottom