Mass Shooting Thread: Waiting on the next one.

You're likely correct; many individuals sacrificed their lives for those freedoms. Although amending the constitution is nothing new, entirely eradicating one of the most fundamental rights should be nearly insurmountable.
mind you that some of those constitutional rights were made at a time when certain rights were needed especially at a time of war. so basically, not all applies to this day and age where policing and military exists. the only policies and laws that have been made so far as far as solving(?) the existing problem about mass killing is concerned is more freedom/lowering the age requirement for guns and labeling people who throws a rant for getting fired as mental health. it's idiocracy at it's finest.

mind you that some of those constitutional rights were made at a time when certain rights were needed especially at a time of war. so basically, not all applies to this day and age where policing and military exists. the only policies and laws that have been made so far as far as solving(?) the existing problem about mass killing is concerned is more freedom/lowering the age requirement for guns and labeling people who throws a rant for getting fired as mental health. it's idiocracy at it's finest.
I'm not attempting to debate the historical origins of the constitution. What I can tell you is that, even to this day, many individuals willingly defend those rights. There are those who want to preserve these constitutional rights for the very same reasons you mentioned (military and concerns about over-policing).

In situations like this, as in many others, there's a valid argument for restricting certain types of firearms at the very least . However, some people resist change.

I'm not attempting to debate the historical origins of the constitution. What I can tell you is that, even to this day, many individuals willingly defend those rights. There are those who want to preserve these constitutional rights for the very same reasons you mentioned (military and concerns about over-policing).

In situations like this, as in many others, there's a valid argument for restricting certain types of firearms at the very least . However, some people resist change.
who are those people that resist change? I know politicians will try to resist it as it is their cashcow. with regards to advocates, which demographics are we talking here? which people (black/white/asian/latin) ? also which areas of the country? how old? economic and educational status? I won't say an answer eventhough it may be obvious and an overwhelming majority?it would be very good if this sort of information is shown in public or even used as propaganda for the next election.

anyway, as far as the right to bear arms is concerned, how many of these advocates actually really serve in active duty to preserve the constitution and protect the public? I would say the medical field which saves lives of the public have way more contribution compared to people with guns.

anyway, not trying to debate but rather point out or express my logic as far as trying to show how much society and it's leaders have done to safeguard themselves against violence.

In the 60s 150+ airplanes had attempted highjackings while taking aboard bombs, weapons, etc. Government decided we need to implement security checkpoints, utterly inconveniencing 99.99% of travelers. We did it.

After 9/11 one man, ONE MAN, hid a device in his shoe while boarding a plane. Did the government say “we all must be allowed to sneak in weapons in our shoes to defend ourselves?” No - we were all now forced to take off our shoes in security, which continues today. We did it.

Tobacco companies finally lost the war on freedom to smoke - the local and federal governments stepped in and squashed basically all public gathering smoking. We did it.

Seatbelts were first considered annoying to many, and many people never get into major car accidents. They were proven to help save lives and Government stepped in and 49 of the states I believe have mandatory use laws. We did it.

And so on. Guns are on a whole different level, but what we have here is A) the republican right has been bought off and thus no change will likely ever come. B) New generations of republicans have come through and guns is on their list of identity politics - like Covid, vaccines, or right to abortions you must not come to any other conclusion than “more guns please” otherwise you have a scarlet letter on you in your club, and C) Fox News and the like exist to continue to scare you with outright lies (the government may turn into Nazi Germany, you need to be ready to shoot soldiers at your door, Democrats are coming to your door to take your weapons, and foreigners and different races than yours are by and large criminal and much like your video games and movies you need to be ready to strap up and shoot em up like John Wick).

Like many, I am not sure what the answers are as nothing will be done until we somehow break these lines of thinking and vote in politicians who actually have a brain and oh yes refuse to say “ill just pray for it” while on their job.

Last edited:
Clearly, we need to take action to put an end to these Mass shootings. Should we consider implementing stricter penalties for unlicensed or unregistered firearms? Absolutely!

Nevertheless, until we can ensure the safety of all, I struggle to support the idea of eliminating legal gun ownership. Unfortunately, the more these incidents occur, the more individuals feel compelled to arm themselves.

As long as firearms exist. So will mass shootings and murders. Can’t have one without the other.

There’s no such thing as “responsible gun ownership” when the majority of the country is irresponsible. And that’s not just in terms of guns.

For every “responsible” gun owner, they’re ten lunatics with a license to kill. Point of no return.

As long as firearms exist. So will mass shootings and murders. Can’t have one without the other.

There’s no such thing as “responsible gun ownership” when the majority of the country is irresponsible. And that’s not just in terms of guns.

For every “responsible” gun owner, they’re ten lunatics with a license to kill. Point of no return.

The facts are sufficient.

man that was a hard read/see/watch. The video with the sounds of the kids basically struggling to breath after being shot and yelling for help....as a father myself...that hit really hard.

Horrible. What’s crazy to me is there have been so many that most of them have sort of blended together. I can’t even remember when and where most took place. That’s scary to think about.

Read this article and the article linked in the piece about what an AR-15 does to the human body with descriptions of how some of the kids died in these mass shootings. :frown:

****ing hell man. :smh:

****. That WP article was brutal but necessary. I really can’t believe nothing has been done after all these years and lives lost. **** is beyond disheartening. :smh: :smh: :smh:

I haven’t seen one post about it on IG or FB or TikTok or anywhere sadly

Back
Top Bottom