Master P and Baron Davis put in bid to buy reebok

5fef8959a8137.image.jpg

The Grio reports that Hip-Hop mogul Percy “Master P” Miller and former NBA star Baron Davis are negotiating to buy Reebok from its parent company, Adidas, for $2.4 billion.

If it all works out, it will turn Reebok into the first Black-owned major sneaker brand.

“These companies have been benefiting off us, this could be history for this company going Black-owned,” Master P told ESPN.

“As we focus on turning Reebok into a lifestyle brand, not just a basketball brand,” said Miller said in Forbes, “our most important initiative will be to put money back into the community that built this company.”

Adidas announced on December 14 it could potentially put the struggling shoe business up for sale, a “strategic alternative” for Reebok.

Me and my girl were just talking about how much we never liked Reeboks, but I'm rooting for them to breathe new life into the brand.

Always thought their shoes were uncomfortable, but part of me liked their black suede/gum Workout Plus skate model back in the early DGK days. Reminded me of Lakai Staples.

reebok definitely slept on, they been quietly releasing and retroing heat but dont seem to have the platform.

still love the nick van axles, all the shawn kemps, shaqs and of course the iversons.

questions one of the most iconic shoes to me.

Reebok has so many classic 90s shoes, I can’t believe they don’t push them.

Sign a few celebs to wear them, they’ll fly off the Internet.

I hope they get it, would be dope as hell to see.

Don’t know if P can but bring these back out. I’ll buy them.

FC9D709C-ED1B-4740-A2A8-06131ED709AE.jpeg

Classics were probably my most worn sneaker throughout high school. (Late 90s-early 00). I’ll occasionally still pick up a pair that catches my eye. I don’t know **** about sneaker company values but 2.4 billion seems like a lot? Im hoping for this to happen either way.

Wonder how would that effect future Pyer Moss x Reebok collabs...could really give those designs even more of a push.

Never got into the pumps, but thought they were dope in the 90s. As a kid, had some "blacktops" and remember the Dan v Dave Olympic commercials.
Moved onto Nike and never looked back, but like how they're at least thinking about Reebok. Hope they get a good deal and revive it.

Cats forget that a strong Reebok catalog in the 80s, 90s and very early 00s is the main reason why Nike's (including JB's) catalog during those same eras is highly praised.

I can ride with SOME of the tech innovations this past decade but lack of competition is the main reason why Nike's designs are utter garbage. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Reebok has so many classic 90s shoes, I can’t believe they don’t push them.

Sign a few celebs to wear them, they’ll fly off the Internet.

I hope they get it, would be dope as hell to see.

Don’t know if P can but bring these back out. I’ll buy them.

FC9D709C-ED1B-4740-A2A8-06131ED709AE.jpeg
I thought those were Converse sneaker? They used helium filled air pockets inside.

If done, they are going to need to undergo a major rebranding effort as well. I'd love to see something like this happen, but I also remember Master P's foray into athletic management. I hope he has learned something from that venture.

Classics were probably my most worn sneaker throughout high school. (Late 90s-early 00). I’ll occasionally still pick up a pair that catches my eye. I don’t know **** about sneaker company values but 2.4 billion seems like a lot? Im hoping for this to happen either way.
where did you go to school?

Bought, none. Was given the Anni pair with the red toe. :smokin
that's my point. everyone is nostalgic about reebok but no one is spending bread on these sneakers. is there even a reebok thread on nt? did you make a post about them on your instagram? i know you do the internet hustle. what was the reaction?

"Allen Iverson set to rival Michael Jordan in sneaker battle": Master P
this is already a L. they shouldn't even mention MJ and go in a completely new direction and focus.
i doubt any posters in here have bought a pair of reeboks in a long time and the prices are dirt cheap. i literally don't know anyone who wears or bought a pair of reeboks....they don't even get mentioned.
master p's vision gonna make yall run to the stores and cop? probably not but let's hope he doesn't waste his money.

^^^

There are few concerning 'Reebok General', Shaqs, Kemps, etc... in the 'Other Brands' forum. This is NikeTalk after all it would make sense for other brands to be in that forum.

Back
Top Bottom