May 7 1989 25 years later

^^^ your exactly right. Nike will eventually answer the demands. They won't rush it, but it'll happen sooner or later. Took 10 years for a Nike Air 1 and 3. 4-6 will happen

I saw the shot live on TV as well, i was 25, lol. One thing for kids to keep in mind is the context. At that time, Jordan was not the mythical 6-rings GOAT. He was regarded as a super-talented player but still a scorer who hadn't figured out how to be a champion. This was a step towards that. Small picture, it was an exhilerating shot to beat a talented Cleveland team.
Great point.  I was 15 at the time and saw the the shot live as well.  It was a great moment in MJ's career, but he still struggled to win a championship for another couple of seasons and got his a** handed to him by the Pistons in the playoffs.  I feel so fortunate to have been able to follow his entire career and watch him grow from being an extremely talented and exciting individual to watch, to become the greatest of all time.

PS:  I had the OG white/cement IV's and OG fire red IV's back then, but after seeing "The Shot" live, I, like many others, HAD to have the black IV's.  I was lucky enough to get them back then and still have them, although, they are in terrible condition nowadays, as you can imagine.  Luckily, I still have my DS '99 retros, CDP IV's (x2) and 2012 retro IV's as back ups lol

Last edited:
Watch the actual clip, It's funny seeing the different reactions from the crowd.

The dude in orange in the 1st pic is raising cain :lol:

Good thread and we are certainly due for a NA branded Blk/Red IV. :smokin I was hoping that pic floating around last year would have been accurate..

Back
Top Bottom