Mayweather calls out Pacquiao. May 5th. Official?

Originally Posted by sammietheboss

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

I guess you didnt watch the pacquio/jmm fight, Manny looked so weak against jmm, while Money dominated jmm, thats why mayweather is pushing for the fight now.

Those two fighting JMM should not be compared.  At all.

Why not

Because that was two different JMM's in the ring.  Just my two cents.  When he fought PBF, he had never fought above 135 before.  He had only fought twice at 135 before jumping all the way to 142 and Floyd came in 3 pounds over the 144 limit.  By the time JMM and Manny fought last year, JMM already had multiple fights at 135 and a tune up fight at 140 to get used to the weight again.  Huge differences IMO.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by Tony Montana

Originally Posted by amel223

quoting this in case the fight does happen. 

Only an idiot would truely think the fight won't happen. The will fight Multiple times IMO
Only an idiot would think this fight will happen, let alone multiple fights.

only an idiot would speak in definite terms about something that he has zero control over or inside knowledge of

everyone is speculating at this point...an educated guess will lead you to believe that with the fan fare and amount of money involved that the fight will happen at some point...maybe not may 5th, maybe not this year and maybe too late in most peoples eyes but it will most likely happen

and the natural step after one is a rematch because of the fan bases of both...

anybody stating those two points is just using logic

If memory serves me right...Jose Luis Castillo is the only boxer Mayweather fought twice.

So if there is even one fight that happens between them, it is not necessarily true that Mayweather and Pacquiao will have multiple fights.

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

lol mexicutioner victims stay full of sal

Sal Sanchez?

Spoiler [+]
Pacquiao-vs-Marquez-Time.jpg

Mayweather said he's not doing a 50/50 split. Does he deserve more? Yes, just look at his recent ppv buys vs Pacs buys.
Just looks like another hurdle, and another excuse for Arum. Fight should at least be 55/45, but if it's not 50/50, I don't see it happening

i find it kind off odd that espn are the only ones talking about this email...have heard nothing from the boxing reporters..

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

Mayweather said he's not doing a 50/50 split. Does he deserve more? Yes, just look at his recent ppv buys vs Pacs buys.
Just looks like another hurdle, and another excuse for Arum. Fight should at least be 55/45, but if it's not 50/50, I don't see it happening

Arum is definitely gonna use this as an excuse.  Honestly, 50/50 is as fair as it's gonna get.  Floyd does command more viewers, but without Pacquiao then you don't have the biggest fight, from a monetary standpoint, in boxing history.  Same can be said in regards to Pacquiao needing Floyd to get the most money, but either way you need these two boxers.  That said, 50/50 sounds fair to me or whoever wins gets 55 and the loser gets 45...

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

franchise3 wrote:
I seriously hope one of em loses their next fight.

I hope both of them lose their next fight and their Stan's all commit suicide.
Neither of them will lose their next fight

You're probably right, but you can still commit that.

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

If memory serves me right...Jose Luis Castillo is the only boxer Mayweather fought twice.

So if there is even one fight that happens between them, it is not necessarily true that Mayweather and Pacquiao will have multiple fights.

Who has he fought since then who deserved a rematch?

Why would anyone think Floyd deserves more money?Pacquiao vs Marquez was a clean sell out and did around 1.4 million buys...Mayweather vs Ortiz didn't sell out AND big players in Vegas were getting comped and it had 1.20 million buys.Not only that, but I kept reading that Vegas was kinda dead during Mayweather vs Ortiz, compared to how it was during Pacquiao vs Mosley.The fight should be a 50-50 split. Anyone of them asking for more is crazy.

Those two fighting JMM should not be compared.  At all.

Why not

Because that was two different JMM's in the ring.  Just my two cents.  When he fought PBF, he had never fought above 135 before.  He had only fought twice at 135 before jumping all the way to 142 and Floyd came in 3 pounds over the 144 limit.  By the time JMM and Manny fought last year, JMM already had multiple fights at 135 and a tune up fight at 140 to get used to the weight again.  Huge differences IMO

THis is why Ive always liked you Proshares
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by tee eye ehm

Who has he fought since then who deserved a rematch?
Point taken. But people are already speculating that a Pacquiao vs. Mayweather fight will be a trilogy whether or not the loser deserves a rematch or not. If they are speculating that it indeed will be a trilogy due to the amount of money that could be made, then the Mayweather vs. De La Hoya should have been more than one fight. Over $120 MILLION on that one fight alone.

Originally Posted by TCURDA

Why not

Because that was two different JMM's in the ring.  Just my two cents.  When he fought PBF, he had never fought above 135 before.  He had only fought twice at 135 before jumping all the way to 142 and Floyd came in 3 pounds over the 144 limit.  By the time JMM and Manny fought last year, JMM already had multiple fights at 135 and a tune up fight at 140 to get used to the weight again.  Huge differences IMO

THis is why Ive always liked you Proshares
pimp.gif

I agree, Proshares is probably the only boxing fan on here I tend to agree with time and time again.

Back
Top Bottom