"Mayweather V. Cotto" *Official Thread* Who Are You Going For?

Haters gin hate
smile.gif

Maybe I didn't read far enough back, but I don't see much praise for Pedro Diaz. He completely revamped Cotto. His footwork, defense, and stamina have improved tremendously. Trainer of the year, 

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Watching the fight again Mayweather did his thing, he controlled a huge majority of the fight, however it does look like he's slowing down just a tad where now people have a chance of hitting him, IMO if I was Lenord Ellerbe or Roger Mayweather I'd like to see him push for the Manny fight and if it doesn't happen after a year go ahead and retire. I'm not a fan of his, but I'd hate to see him stick around too long and get hurt like my favorite fighter Roy Jones Jr.
I actually felt this way since when he fought Sugar Shane. Then when he fought Ortiz, we really see enough to gauge how much he's declined.

That's what I'm saying. I've been watching boxing all my life basically and I've never seen Mayweather get hit like that except for Castillo and Corley (who hit him with one decent shot) he's still an excellent boxer, but you can see the speed isn't where it normally is.

You guys are missing the point, he WANTED TO FIGHT COTTO's fight! Like he said after the fight, he could of easily went back to his "boring" boxing and picked him a part as he normally does in every fight. He WANTED to go toe to toe to give the fans an exciting fight. If anything, this should show you his true greatness, fighting another man's fight and still winning. He didn't get hit with that many clean shots at all. Most of those shots against the ropes were rolled off. Think ppl were just freaking out because he got jab to the hose and was bleeding.

Still don't understand Manny getting a pass and Floyd getting hate on his career

I will add I think they're both afraid of each others skillset

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

I actually felt this way since when he fought Sugar Shane. Then when he fought Ortiz, we really see enough to gauge how much he's declined.

That's what I'm saying. I've been watching boxing all my life basically and I've never seen Mayweather get hit like that except for Castillo and Corley (who hit him with one decent shot) he's still an excellent boxer, but you can see the speed isn't where it normally is.

You guys are missing the point, he WANTED TO FIGHT COTTO's fight! Like he said after the fight, he could of easily went back to his "boring" boxing and picked him a part as he normally does in every fight. He WANTED to go toe to toe to give the fans an exciting fight. If anything, this should show you his true greatness, fighting another man's fight and still winning. He didn't get hit with that many clean shots at all. Most of those shots against the ropes were rolled off. Think ppl were just freaking out because he got jab to the hose and was bleeding.

laugh.gif
if you really believed him saying he fought that way to give the fans a more action packed fight. He said that to save face. I am equally a fan of both fighters. Cotto just stepped his game up and caught Mayweather off guard that is all.

He can say whatever he wants to say. If you are accepting it at face value, then you are very naive. Ring generalship and defense are the two things he takes the most pride in. You really think he will compromise just to make a more exciting fight? He's the PPV kind yada yada, doesn't matter how the fight goes, people will still tune in, he still gets his $.

"Legacy doesn't pay bills" - Floyd Mayweather

LOL @ anyone believing that Floyd fought this way for the fans and to put on a show...

Instead of waiting until he had a clear advantage and was ahead comfortably in the fight, he chose to be the aggressor early (whether Cotto drew him in or not) and got caught slipping a number of times...

This fight reminded me of PBF's fight against Emanuel Burton... The extra offense, Floyd bleeding, opponent fatigue, etc...

Cotto fought a lot better than I thought he did, but its more so that Floyd didn't take advantage of the uppercut early in the fight and come out defensively like I thought he'd do...

Good fight nonetheless, much respect to both fighters... 
pimp.gif

Pardon my ignorance boxing gods but who's that dude at the top left in Blue?

I always thought it's Winky Wright but I'm sure he wouldn't be slurpin Floyd's balls
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Pardon my ignorance boxing gods but who's that dude at the top left in Blue?

I always thought it's Winky Wright but I'm sure he wouldn't be slurpin Floyd's balls
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That is one of the twin sons of Sam Watson (the old guy who looks him), who is the assistant of Al Haymon, Floyd Mayweather's adviser or manager.

Lil Wayne is the ultimate sack rider, he did the same with the Mavs when they won the championship posing next to them with their trophy.
Gamboa is wondering what Bob Arum is thinking watching this at home.
laugh.gif

What I find funny is most of his Stan's just like him cause he's close to 50 and all these other corny celebs. Most have no clue about boxing what so ever like ol dude up there saying he fought the best of the best lulz.

Originally Posted by Krazyrodzilla

laugh.gif
if you really believed him saying he fought that way to give the fans a more action packed fight. He said that to save face. I am equally a fan of both fighters. Cotto just stepped his game up and caught Mayweather off guard that is all.
roll.gif
 That's what i'm saying, you really think Mayweather took that huge of a risk to win fans? 

Who's the guy to the left of Floyd?  He looks like he can be related to Tyson.

Originally Posted by shogun

Who's the guy to the left of Floyd?  He looks like he can be related to Tyson.

Yuriorkis Gamboa, he's a Cuban boxer. He may not be related to Tyson, but he has Tyson's knockout power.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

I be seeing those twins @ every damn May fight trynna get their 15 in
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
He's a boxing promotor. 
Those are Sam Watson's sons and as far as I know they don't do anything. Sam Watson is Al Haymon's right hand man. Often times people mistaken him as Al Haymon. You will hardly ever see Al Haymon he is a ghost, but you do hear his name thrown around a lot. Haymon is Mayweather's Adviser and Manager, he has deep connects with HBO, TV networks, and the music industry.

In other news, Demarcus Corley won this weekend.
eek.gif

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

I be seeing those twins @ every damn May fight trynna get their 15 in
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif
He's a boxing promotor. 
Those are Sam Watson's sons and as far as I know they don't do anything. Sam Watson is Al Haymon's right hand man. Often times people mistaken him as Al Haymon. You will hardly ever see Al Haymon he is a ghost, but you do hear his name thrown around a lot. Haymon is Mayweather's Adviser and Manager, he has deep connects with HBO, TV networks, and the music industry. 
In other news, Demarcus Corley won this weekend.
eek.gif

This i've seen Al Haymon once and i've been watching boxing all of my life. I'd love to be Sam Watson's son though. No Ayo
Corley won? Who did he beat?

Corley beat Paul McCloskey. Some ok fighter from the UK, got stopped in his own hometown. Corley went from contender to gatekeeper to human punching bag. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
He's doing this to take care of his children as well as his brother's who passed away. Can't help but to feel bad for the guy. 
frown.gif

Didn't you say you're Winky Wright's cousin, does he not hook you up? Obviously not every HBO card like those knuckleheads get.
laugh.gif

Corley beat Paul McCloskey. Some ok fighter from the UK, got stopped in his own hometown. Corley went from contender to gatekeeper to human punching bag. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
He's doing this to take care of his children as well as his brother's who passed away. Can't help but to feel bad for the guy. 
frown.gif

Didn't you say you're Winky Wright's cousin, does he not hook you up? Obviously not every HBO card like those knuckleheads get.
laugh.gif

Yeah i've been to a few fights. Last Winky fight I attended was against Jermain Taylor. I attended the last FNF out in San Jose as well.
Corley pulled a Judah on McCloskey
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah i've been to a few fights. Last Winky fight I attended was against Jermain Taylor. I attended the last FNF out in San Jose as well.
pimp.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
I forgot they fought, just pulled up the record. Maybe because it was a draw.

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
frown.gif

laugh.gif

pimp.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
I forgot they fought, just pulled up the record. Maybe because it was a draw.

Winky should have won, and to make matters worse they did open scoring, i've never seen that.

Back
Top Bottom