Votes: 54 40.6%
  • McGregor by KO

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • McGregor by TKO

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • McGregor by decision

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Pretty safe to say he got some type of brain damage if you watched the fight.

An article in the British Journal of Sports Medicine found the average punch force of seven Olympic boxers was 3,427 Newtons (the force needed to move a kilogram of mass one meter per second squared). For reference, it takes 3,200 Newtons to break a brick.

N2MxMjdhYjQ2YSMvd3lKd1lNVy1DdmNQNktjaFBvMGhrc2lNY0VzPS9maXQtaW4vNzYweDAvZmlsdGVyczpub191cHNjYWxlKCk6cXVhbGl0eSg4MCk6bm9fdXBzY2FsZSgpOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vdWh0NGlyYmZ5NGx6Y2hpcmg2eGxwZmZrcG14OGZkdWV5aGdxb2J2Z3VtZnVyNmkweXh2a25mcWlxNzl6bXh0ci5naWY.gif

You do realize I just posted a couple of links because someone mentioned the supposed "brain damage", right?

So should we put more credence in what the former doctor thinks, or what "buc em" on Niketalk thinks?

Rhetorical.

That former doctor is just throwing **** at the wall for an article. He literally said because McGregor looked off balance and sluggish right before the ref called the fight that "it could have" been a sign of brain damage. Yeah......I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that McGregor looked the exact same way at the end of both Diaz fights when he was exhausted and about to fall over. Dude was just gassed at that point being three minutes longer than even the last Diaz fight where both of them were about to just pass out in the ring in the last round.

I mean, if it didn't look like a concussion couldn't have been a concussion right? Right???

That former doctor is just throwing **** at the wall for an article. He literally said because McGregor looked off balance and sluggish right before the ref called the fight that "it could have" been a sign of brain damage. Yeah......I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that McGregor looked the exact same way at the end of both Diaz fights when he was exhausted and about to fall over. Dude was just gassed at that point being three minutes longer than even the last Diaz fight where both of them were about to just pass out in the ring in the last round.

While I agree that the whole "he was stumbling from brain damage" is a reach.... there's no doubt he suffered brain damage to some degree. Most boxers do. Especially when they're hit with 150+ power shots with no headgear and their head is repeatedly snapped backwards.

While I agree that the whole "he was stumbling from brain damage" is a reach.... there's no doubt he suffered brain damage to some degree. Most boxers do. Especially when they're hit with 150+ power shots with no headgear and their head is repeatedly snapped backwards.

I mean yeah...I would assume most boxers win or lose probably end up with a concussion or some type of brain trauma by the end of fights that are 10 rounds or longer. But for that doctor who wasn't even there to put that out without even being there to analyze him is just stupid. People read that **** like it's a fact just because he was a former doctor who just thought it could have been a possibility. Then the Mayweather slurpers on here start acting like he was throwing some prime Mike Tyson uppercuts on dude.

People read that **** like it's a fact just because he was a former doctor who just thought it could have been a possibility. Then the Mayweather slurpers on here start acting like he was throwing some prime Mike Tyson uppercuts on dude.

And you come in with your uneducated rebuttal of it didn't look like he had a concussion, so that doctor is full of it?

He's probably just throwing Byrd a bone since people were questioning the stoppage.

Exactly.

And you come in with your uneducated rebuttal of it didn't look like he had a concussion, so that doctor is full of it?

Calm your *** down. All I'm saying is I didn't see anything out of the ordinary in that fight or after it to suggest it and for anybody, doctor or not, to suggest something like that without actually being there to analyze him is stupid for putting it out there in the media.

Calm your *** down. All I'm saying is I didn't see anything out of the ordinary in that fight or after it to suggest it and for anybody, doctor or not, to suggest something like that without actually being there to analyze him is stupid for putting it out there in the media.

Ain't a cucumber coolin' than me right now kiddo.
At the end of it all you, not a doctor, is saying that a doctor shouldn't state his opinion on whether or not a boxer has a concussion or not. Makes sense.

Ain't a cucumber coolin' than me right now kiddo.
At the end of it all you, not a doctor, is saying that a doctor shouldn't state his opinion on whether or not a boxer has a concussion or not. Makes sense.

It's unprofessional for any doctor to give their opinion to the media on the condition of somebody who they've never even seen in their life nor were they even in the building when something like that happened. That's my opinion.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...onor-mcgregor-live-gate-generates-554-million

Mayweather-McGregor live gate makes $55.4 million
Sep 6, 2017

Throughout the promotion of the Floyd Mayweather-Conor McGregor megafight, Mayweather Promotions CEO Leonard Ellerbe, UFC president Dana White and Mayweather all said time and again that the fight would break the all-time gate record.

They threw out numbers ranging from $60 million to $80 million, but in the end, Mayweather's 10th-round knockout of UFC star McGregor, who made his pro boxing debut on Aug. 26 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, did not come close to breaking the record.

Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor pulled in the second largest gate ever for a combat sport. Christian Petersen/Getty Images
The junior middleweight fight, the last of Mayweather's storied career, generated a live gate of $55,414,865.79, according to figures released on Wednesday by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

There were 137 complimentary tickets given away, according to the Nevada commission. The gate was generated from the sale 13,094 tickets, far short of a sellout at an arena that could have held as many as 20,500 for the fight.

ADVERTISEMENT
The average sale price for a ticket was $4,232 with face value of tickets at $500 for the cheapest up to $10,000 for the most expensive. While the fight still generated a massive amount of money from ticket sales, it is the No. 2 combat sports gate of all time, falling well behind the $72,198,500 from the sale of 16,219 tickets for Mayweather's welterweight unification showdown with Manny Pacquiao on May 2, 2015, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Mayweather-McGregor is comfortably ahead of the No. 3 all-time gate: $20,003,150 from 16,146 tickets for Mayweather's 2013 junior middleweight unification victory against Canelo Alvarez, also at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Mayweather fights comprise five of the top six gates in Nevada history.

About two weeks before the fight, when Ellerbe was questioned about rumored lagging ticket sales, he said, "I'm actually tired of hearing that question because right now we have over $60 million dollars in the box office. You tell me what part of that remotely looks like ticket sales are slow? This isn't the damn Rolling Stones concert. That's the only thing that sells out in seconds."

While the fight with McGregor failed to set the gate record as organizers predicted it would, the fight could still break the all-time pay-per-view record set by Mayweather-Pacquiao, which sold 4.6 million units domestically.

Official numbers are not known yet, but Showtime PPV said last week that according to its preliminary numbers for the fight, which cost between $89.95 and $99.95 on pay-per-view, it will be no worse than second.

Stephen Espinoza, the executive vice president and general manager of Showtime Sports, said that while numbers are still being tallied, the fight was on track to sell more than 4 million units and could break the record.

I'd be kinda mad too. These sports networks aren't talking about his fight everyday like they were for this clown show.

Back
Top Bottom