MBDTF didn't get nom for album of the year vol. WOW!!!!!!!

who cares about the grammys but you all know what everybody will be watching when its time for the show. is kanye even gonna show up? is the album of the year winner going to give their award to kanye?

Joke !*$ committee
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Originally Posted by Futuristic

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
 I'd venture to say that NONE of you have listened to all 5 of those albums, yet you want to *%%!+ about how Kanye didn't have the opportunity to lose to Adele. 
Get !*%@%@! real. He's one of my favorite artists, but you guys are just blind. 

Pretty ignorant assumption,I don't think people would judge albums they haven't even listened to. Kinda like judging movies you haven't seen before.

You're tryna tell me that Rihannas worst album so far imo,Bruno mars' solid debut(that's it,just solid nothing special or memorable about it. No idea how this got the nod actually,dozens of more deserving albums came out this year),Born this Way (which is def not a bad album at all and has a great theme but it didn't leave me with a amazing lasting impression or any reason to replay it,not mad at it's nomination) are all better than one of the best Rap albums of the past 10 years?

*Can't really judge the new Foo-Fighters album since I didn't actually listen to it.

The ONLY reason why those 3 got nominated is solely because of the popularity of the Artists and not musical merit. Gaga's the biggest artist in the world and went platinum in a week,Rihanna's been one of the biggest artists for a couple years now and Bruno Mars is one of the more popular male pop artists now.You really think that a Rihanna album should ever be considered one of the best of the year? Naa. Nowadays,the Grammys usually nominate the biggest artists for the biggest awards now to attract as many viewers as they can and although the actual winners have usually been deserving
laugh.gif
 Okay, if someone has listened to all those albums I'll take THEIR opinion seriously. YOU haven't. (not to mention you're both a Heat and Celtics fan, so I already didn't take you seriously)
indifferent.gif

The ONLY reason yall are crying about Kanye is because of his popularity in rap. I don't see anyone crying about Bon Iver or My Morning Jacket not being nominated. If we're including EVERY SINGLE project in every genre released in the past year, it's not a top 5 album...and it sure as hell wasn't a top 5 album in terms of mainstream performance, so what's the beef? 

Do you want the Grammy's to cater to a broad audience? Kanye's album wasn't big enough. 

Do you want the Grammy's to cater to "musical merit" across ALL genres? Kanye's album wasn't good enough.

*Don't waste your time responding to this post, I'm done with this discussion. I'm not arguing with Kanye stans. Good luck with the Grammy Boycott.

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
 I'd venture to say that NONE of you have listened to all 5 of those albums, yet you want to *%%!+ about how Kanye didn't have the opportunity to lose to Adele. 

Pretty ignorant assumption,I don't think people would judge albums they haven't even listened to. Kinda like judging movies you haven't seen before.

You're tryna tell me that Rihannas worst album so far imo,Bruno mars' solid debut(that's it,just solid nothing special or memorable about it. No idea how this got the nod actually,dozens of more deserving albums came out this year),Born this Way (which is def not a bad album at all and has a great theme but it didn't leave me with a amazing lasting impression or any reason to replay it,not mad at it's nomination) are all better than one of the best Rap albums of the past 10 years?

*Can't really judge the new Foo-Fighters album since I didn't actually listen to it.

The ONLY reason why those 3 got nominated is solely because of the popularity of the Artists and not musical merit. Gaga's the biggest artist in the world and went platinum in a week,Rihanna's been one of the biggest artists for a couple years now and Bruno Mars is one of the more popular male pop artists now.You really think that a Rihanna album should ever be considered one of the best of the year? Naa. Nowadays,the Grammys usually nominate the biggest artists for the biggest awards now to attract as many viewers as they can and although the actual winners have usually been deserving
laugh.gif
 Okay, if someone has listened to all those albums I'll take THEIR opinion seriously. YOU haven't. (not to mention you're both a Heat and Celtics fan, so I already didn't take you seriously)
indifferent.gif

The ONLY reason yall are crying about Kanye is because of his popularity in rap. I don't see anyone crying about Bon Iver or My Morning Jacket not being nominated. If we're including EVERY SINGLE project in every genre released in the past year, it's not a top 5 album...and it sure as hell wasn't a top 5 album in terms of mainstream performance, so what's the beef? 

Do you want the Grammy's to cater to a broad audience? Kanye's album wasn't big enough. 

Do you want the Grammy's to cater to "musical merit" across ALL genres? Kanye's album wasn't good enough.

*Don't waste your time responding to this post, I'm done with this discussion. I'm not arguing with Kanye stans. Good luck with the Grammy Boycott.
the Foos album was trash.

not to mention you say Kanyes' album wasn't big enough then bring up Bon Iver and MMJ...c'mon man.

i LOVE fools like you who come in and "drop knowledge" then "leave" before anyone has time to respond to your +@+@@*% comments.

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Did I judge the Foos album though...? Exactly,I judged the albums I did and that's nice of you bringing up stuff that's completely irrelevant to this topic. How sweet of you to judge me off that
laugh.gif
eyes.gif
. !@%.

Bon Ivers is one of the albums that should've been nominated for aoty too but I guess they didn't want to take that chance either nominating a group virtually unknown to the general public.

Do the Oscars try to cater to any audience? Not really,they award the best in film not the big summer blockbusters. MBTF wasn't big enough? It had the 4th biggest 1st week of any album in 2010 and went platinum and had multiple singles chart in the top 40.  It even got 7 nods from this award show and somehow got exempt from the biggest prize.

Not really a 'Ye "stan" as much as I'm a music "stan" and you decided you wanted to discuss this but whatever. Of course you'd leave the discussion after someone else challenges your opinion and label them as a stan,typical
laugh.gif

Swap MBDTF with Loud and Bon Iver with Foo Fighters and I think it's a better list. Don't think Bruno Mars should really be in there in the first place, not for AOTY.
laugh.gif
 at Bon Iver for "new" artist. I know they've done that before, but still.

Everyone, just take a second to read this please.

Metacritic.com is a website that gathers reviews from all major publications, averages the scores, and provides an overall score for an album or movie or video game.

On Metacritic, MBDTF got a 94 based on 43 reviews. This is universal acclaim of the highest order. 13 major publications, including Rolling Stone and Pitchfork, gave the album a perfect score.

Bruno Mars's album received a 61. Rihanna's album received a 67. Hell, for argument's sake, Adele's album received a 76.

Again, these are scores arrived at by averaging reviews from all major music reviewers.

So the whole "have you even heard the other albums" point is completely moot. MBDTF received UNIVERSAL acclaim. Almost everyone who is in the business of judging music thought it was the album of the year. But it doesn't even get nominated by the Grammys? And mediocre efforts by Bruno Mars and Rihanna get noms?

The only response to this is that the Grammy's are a joke and they're trying to provoke Kanye for ratings.

Questo of The Roots (@questlove)
12/1/11 3:47 AM
Adele's takin it all home (well deserved) but i just KNEW Ye's "Dark Twisted" would get album of the year nomhttp://bit.ly/5HN9pU #robbed
And ftr I didn't personally find Adele's 21 to be all of that. The rest of the album tracks weren't as good as the singles.

If Bruno Mars's whining +#* can get album of the year nod then MBDTF should have been up for the award as well. I mean if that album was that bad then why did All of the Lights get put up for so many awards. We get it the Grammy's are a popularity contest and that's why Rhianna and Bruno Mars are in there but let's be real Kanye is pretty damn popular himself. I guess they figure they put that album up for best Rap album of the year so that's good enough.

On a side note how did J.Cole's genericness get nomited for best new artist. Lame.

[table][tr][td][/td][td][h3]MBDTF didn't get nom for album of the year[/h3][/td][/tr][/table]
pimp.gif

zx5o3a.gif
yall wilin'. bruno mars album was very good.

surprised yeezy aint get that nomination too tho.

The Album of the Year nominations look like they were made by somebody who only listens to Top 40 radio.
Bruno Mars' album was decent. "Solid" like someone said. Probably a good candidate for winning in his genre, but definitely not AOTY. There was no buzz about this album being phenomenal anywhere.

Rihanna's album had a ton of top 10 billboard hits, so I'm thinking this album fills the manufactured-pop-record spot that Katy Perry filled last year. But you're already giving a nod to billboard charts with Lady Gaga, so this album does not need to be here.

Lady Gaga's album doesn't measure up to her last two albums, neither of which won AOTY. Her fans readily admit this. You might say, look at her first week sales, you have to recognize that. But look at Taylor Swift's first week sales. That record isn't here. 

These nominations are a big insult to other genres of music. Was it really that bad a year for everything that wasn't played on the radio? I hated the radio this year. I usually like this category of the Grammys for putting me on something I haven't heard before that happens to be really good musically. This year you'd fool me if you said this list was the Teen Choice awards list for AOTY.

Originally Posted by SteveSoFresh

Should of never snatch that microphone........ I'm not watching cuz of this

Im Saying.. like dude has been shunned by the public ever since. Im a fan of Ye but that *+%+ still haunts him till this day
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

To give kanye 7 nominations and not Album of the year is a slap in the face honestly.

How does Arcade Fire win Album of the year last year and there is not one Indie album nominated this year?

In 2010 this was nominated :
In 2009 this won:
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]Raising Sand performed by Robert Plant & Alison Krauss; produced by T [/td][/tr][/table]
and Radio head had a nomination that year.

What were they doing this year?? seriously??

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Everyone, just take a second to read this please.

Metacritic.com is a website that gathers reviews from all major publications, averages the scores, and provides an overall score for an album or movie or video game.

On Metacritic, MBDTF got a 94 based on 43 reviews. This is universal acclaim of the highest order. 13 major publications, including Rolling Stone and Pitchfork, gave the album a perfect score.

Bruno Mars's album received a 61. Rihanna's album received a 67. Hell, for argument's sake, Adele's album received a 76.

Again, these are scores arrived at by averaging reviews from all major music reviewers.

So the whole "have you even heard the other albums" point is completely moot. MBDTF received UNIVERSAL acclaim. Almost everyone who is in the business of judging music thought it was the album of the year. But it doesn't even get nominated by the Grammys? And mediocre efforts by Bruno Mars and Rihanna get noms?

The only response to this is that the Grammy's are a joke and they're trying to provoke Kanye for ratings.

laugh.gif
People use Metacritic in the wrong fashion anyway. Gathering a bunch of subjective opinions and averaging them together doesn't make it objective. The only opinion that matters when it comes to an album, movie, game etc. is your own. And to me MBDTF is a great album that's vastly overrated by critics.

The contrast between the Grammy's and publications views of the album is interesting though.

I don't know how the other albums were in 2010, but MBDTF is not a good album, especially in comparison to Kanye's other stuff.

However, "Devil In A New Dress" is the best song of the decade.

Back
Top Bottom