McNabb benched in Minnesota RIP Career 09/19/1999-10/18/2011

Average QBs dont lead their teams to 4 straight NFC titles with bum $!% receivers.  From 2000-2004 he was an elite QB in this league

Your using the word "elite" a little too loosely champ.  Did you read what I wrote thoroughly??  If not here is below...............

"McNabb had a 2 maybe 3 year run of being considered an above average quarterback but that was about it"

And hes an Uncle Tom cause he doesnt respond to Rush Limbaugh? Why even give the time to someone whos job it is to make racist, ridiculous comments.

That's fine, McNabb didn't necessarily have to respond to Rush Limbaugh comment, but at the same time a few months later on don't accuse one of your very own of "black on black crime".  That's the case for alot of these Uncle Tom's out here, they speak up if and when someobody black says something but if a white person says something they sit their sorry black ### down and say nothing.  Do you get the picture now??

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Never been a big fan of McNabb but he was dealt a shiddy hand in the last two years in his football career.

******** were awful, the expectations for him were unreasonable. He was expected to take an awful team to the playoffs over night. Shanahan handled his situation with him so badly, the benching, lying on camera and so on.
Vikings it's amazing how sad they've looked since losing to New Orleans. Watched two of their games and you wouldn't think there's more than five players out there in purple. It looks like the team is uninterested in the game. I don't blame McNabb for their record, I've seen so many dropped passes and horrible play calls.

Seems like you're absolving McNabb from blame and think he can still play.

Look, there was PLENTY of blame to go around w. how the Shanahan's dealt w. McNabb.  However, let's not sit here and think that McNabb was the victim in all of this.  He did little-to-nothing to help himself in this situation w. the Skins.  Dude is washed.  Andy Reid saw this from a mile away and fleeced the Skins.  If he could still play, he'd still be in the green/white and not bouncing around from team to team because his skills had rapidly diminished. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Duece you sound like a clown right now.  Average QBs dont lead their teams to 4 straight NFC titles with bum $!% receivers.  From 2000-2004 he was an elite QB in this league, hes not a HOF but he certainly was very good.  And hes an Uncle Tom cause he doesnt respond to Rush Limbaugh? Why even give the time to someone whos job it is to make racist, ridiculous comments.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ people saying Vick is better, get real.  Maybe if Vick finds success over the next couple year that argument can be made but as for right now Vick aint done jack #%**.
as of right now Vick is better and if Reid and Morinwheg gotten a hold of Vick back when he was like 22-25 his career would probably be better than McNabb's.

Originally Posted by RetroSan

Duece you sound like a clown right now.  Average QBs dont lead their teams to 4 straight NFC titles with bum $!% receivers.  From 2000-2004 he was an elite QB in this league, hes not a HOF but he certainly was very good.  And hes an Uncle Tom cause he doesnt respond to Rush Limbaugh? Why even give the time to someone whos job it is to make racist, ridiculous comments.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ people saying Vick is better, get real.  Maybe if Vick finds success over the next couple year that argument can be made but as for right now Vick aint done jack #%**.
as of right now Vick is better and if Reid and Morinwheg gotten a hold of Vick back when he was like 22-25 his career would probably be better than McNabb's.

Overall, Vick is not a better QB than McNabb....like AMP said, there is a possibility (if he keeps up the good QB play) that he'll be mentioned as the better QB when the careers are compared...but as of now, NO. 

sad day.. mcnabb did some great things for the eagles (made it to 5 NFC championship games.. and 1 super bowl), but could never seal the deal

franchise tried to help him out.. drafting todd pinkston with the 36th overall pick.. drafting mitchell in the 1st round.. drafting reggie brown with the 35th pick.. signing TO.. signing kevin curtis

so i can't say we completely did him dirty, but only the TO move really worked out.. and we all know how that ended

just a guy who had really bad luck.. check troy vincent getting hurt in the rams game in '00, westbrook getting hurt right before the playoffs in '03 and his numerous injuries

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
What ifs mean nothing...Outside of last year, Vick's highest QB rating was an 82 which is lower than McNabb's career average.  I know NT has a hard-on for Vick but Vick was not a good QB in Atlanta.  He had a phenomenal year no doubt but as of right now? There is no comparison between him and McNabb.  I love how NT will praise and ride a scumbag like Vick till the end of the Earth but a generally well-mannered guy like McNabb is an uncle tom.  Oh well....

Great QB, misses HOF in my opinion but still a good career and made Philly a threat year after year. As I said time hit him quicker than most it seems like

Never been a big fan of McNabb but he was dealt a shiddy hand in the last two years in his football career.

I can buy him getting dealt a %@%$%$ hand in Washington, but Minnesota?

The line is in the bottom third of the league, but no matter how you want to spin it, he was given the BEST runningback in the league, one of the BEST young receivers in the league (Percy), a TE who led all TEs in TDs with 11 not too long ago (Shiancoe), and a TE who was dubbed the best TE in last year's draft (Rudolph).

That's pocket kings.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
What ifs mean nothing...Outside of last year, Vick's highest QB rating was an 82 which is lower than McNabb's career average.  I know NT has a hard-on for Vick but Vick was not a good QB in Atlanta.  He had a phenomenal year no doubt but as of right now? There is no comparison between him and McNabb.  I love how NT will praise and ride a scumbag like Vick till the end of the Earth but a generally well-mannered guy like McNabb is an uncle tom.  Oh well....

Vick was a shiddy qb in Atlanta that's a fact, is he a scum bag though? 
McNabb is a HoF ballot no question and i'm not familiar with the Uncle Tom incident so i can't speak on that

and McNabb was "well-mannered" and got his momma Campbell soup endorsements and all that good stuff but had no backbone on things that required it

i love McNabb to death but as of RIGHT now Vick is better (not career wise) is that fair?

I respect the mans career but as a Viking fan...
_proxy

Hopefully Ponder or Webb will do better & if not I say we ship ALL 3 of them out of town and pray we get Luck

I don't wanna believe that McNabb actually is awful right now, but damn, if that is the case, I've never seen anybody decline
so quickly like he did. McNabb was the man at one point, had lots of success, but never really had the weapons to get that
ring. Him and T.O. were
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, and I was expecting a resurrgence this year, but it ain't happening. Here's to hoping
McNabb can close his career on a good note.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

******** were awful, the expectations for him were unreasonable. He was expected to take an awful team to the playoffs over night. Shanahan handled his situation with him so badly, the benching, lying on camera and so on.
Vikings it's amazing how sad they've looked since losing to New Orleans. Watched two of their games and you wouldn't think there's more than five players out there in purple. It looks like the team is uninterested in the game. I don't blame McNabb for their record, I've seen so many dropped passes and horrible play calls.

Seems like you're absolving McNabb from blame and think he can still play.

Look, there was PLENTY of blame to go around w. how the Shanahan's dealt w. McNabb.  However, let's not sit here and think that McNabb was the victim in all of this.  He did little-to-nothing to help himself in this situation w. the Skins.  Dude is washed.  Andy Reid saw this from a mile away and fleeced the Skins.  If he could still play, he'd still be in the green/white and not bouncing around from team to team because his skills had rapidly diminished. 

He is to blame too, I'm not saying he did everything perfect. He can still play, I'd place him at 15-20 ranked of QBs as of today though. 

Originally Posted by JPZx

I can buy him getting dealt a %@%$%$ hand in Washington, but Minnesota?

The line is in the bottom third of the league, but no matter how you want to spin it, he was given the BEST runningback in the league, one of the BEST young receivers in the league (Percy), a TE who led all TEs in TDs with 11 not too long ago (Shiancoe), and a TE who was dubbed the best TE in last year's draft (Rudolph).

That's pocket kings.

I like Minnesota but the two games I've watched, I don't even know what I'm watching. I don't understand what has happened to that team. I've seen Percy and Shiancoe dropping mad passes. The secondary is weak, offensive line. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Make it plain my brutha!!!! There is nothing uncle tom about McNabb. McNabb is the best representation (along with L.T.) of a black athlete in America. Blacks love T.O. and his buffonery but kill McNabb because he is not "black" enough. Mac 5 excelled on and off the field (marrying and having 4 children by a darker-skinned black woman btw unlike T.O. who is unwed and has multiple children with multiple women) and he still isn't respected by some factions of black america. you may disagree with the way he has handled some situations but that man deserves the utmost respect.

I'm not a eagles, ******** or vikings fan but it hurts my heart to see McNabb go out like this. It's like watching your brother get beat up in a fair one. All you can is sit there and watch. Maybe the dolphins or 9ers will show him some love next year. I actually thought oakland should have traded for him.

I don't get how people can say McNabb was average. Peyton Manning played with edge, reggie wayne, harrison and freeney for nearly a decade and only played in one more super bowl than mc nabb. And let's be honest, Mc Nabb played better in a loss than Manning did in a win. The Patriots were much better than the Bears that year. That 04 Patriots team was better than that 07 team that Manning beat to go to the Super Bowl. Yes, it was essentially the same NE team but there were a few years older. If you don't think age matters, look at how the 2010-2011 Lakers played in the playoffs.

adbrandt Andrew Brandt
Donovan McNabb, on one-year deal w/Vikings for a little over $5 million, will now make his $300,000 a week from the bench.

This thread makes me sick at multi levels.

This man is no where near the level of a Hall of Famer.

Dude was N I C E lets not get that twisted, but son failed numerous times over the years at the big stage.

I love how eagles "fans" talk about their dynasty they never had. How you run the show in the NFC since 1999 and not have 1 chip to show for it ? Esp when you lost to the panthers , And the bucs in philly.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

my favorite mcnabb moment is When Roy Pick 6ed him on monday night , and Dware blew him up on the side line.

Donovan put this on himself. All those years of showing up overweight, disinterested caught up to him.
If Donovan had kept himself in shape, and bothered to improve after 2002 we wouldnt be having this conversation. Instead we would be talking about how he has been dominant with Desean and Jmac.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Donovan put this on himself. All those years of showing up overweight, disinterested caught up to him.
If Donovan had kept himself in shape, and bothered to improve after 2002 we wouldnt be having this conversation. Instead we would be talking about how he has been dominant with Desean and Jmac.

Colored me late, so T.O. was right about him being out of shape and stuff?

eek.gif

Originally Posted by 3900stabler

Make it plain my brutha!!!! There is nothing uncle tom about McNabb. McNabb is the best representation (along with L.T.) of a black athlete in America. Blacks love T.O. and his buffonery but kill McNabb because he is not "black" enough. Mac 5 excelled on and off the field (marrying and having 4 children by a darker-skinned black woman btw unlike T.O. who is unwed and has multiple children with multiple women) and he still isn't respected by some factions of black america. you may disagree with the way he has handled some situations but that man deserves the utmost respect.

I'm not a eagles, ******** or vikings fan but it hurts my heart to see McNabb go out like this. It's like watching your brother get beat up in a fair one. All you can is sit there and watch. Maybe the dolphins or 9ers will show him some love next year. I actually thought oakland should have traded for him.

I don't get how people can say McNabb was average. Peyton Manning played with edge, reggie wayne, harrison and freeney for nearly a decade and only played in one more super bowl than mc nabb. And let's be honest, Mc Nabb played better in a loss than Manning did in a win. The Patriots were much better than the Bears that year. That 04 Patriots team was better than that 07 team that Manning beat to go to the Super Bowl. Yes, it was essentially the same NE team but there were a few years older. If you don't think age matters, look at how the 2010-2011 Lakers played in the playoffs.

Yep
But NT doesn't hear you though.

They see no rings, and wanna act like McNabb is garbage. Keep in mind, those are the same who overate Carson Palmer's bum %$$, so what do you expect?

Once again, coupled what you said over a 10 year stretch, and McNabb is rightfully so a HoF.

I wish we couldve won the chip against the Pats at least but it wasnt meant to be. Don was a good QB its a shame that he's become like Favre and Shaq, too prideful to call it quits.
30t6p3b.gif

McNabb is the best representation (along with L.T.) of a black athlete in America. Blacks love T.O. and his buffonery but kill McNabb because he is not "black" enough. Mac 5 excelled on and off the field (marrying and having 4 children by a darker-skinned black woman btw unlike T.O. who is unwed and has multiple children with multiple women) and he still isn't respected by some factions of black america. you may disagree with the way he has handled some situations but that man deserves the utmost respect.

All that being said, McNabb is still an Uncle Tom at the end of the day.  That's why I'm glad Philly, Washington and now the Vikings showed his black ++@ the door in the manner that they did it in.  Good riddance.

Once again, coupled what you said over a 10 year stretch, and McNabb is rightfully so a HoF.
  LOL.

Back
Top Bottom