meet Terrence Wise, a 36 year old, 2nd-generation fast-food worker

Where did I say he was asking for a hand out? BC I didn't and was talking about some people in general. Like I said in my earlier post, he's probably not a thinker lol

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
It's the implication of what you said based on the context. At least own up to what you're insinuating. 

Where did I say he was asking for a hand out? BC I didn't and was talking about some people in general. Like I said in my earlier post, he's probably not a thinker lol

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

It's the implication of what you said based on the context. At least own up to what you're insinuating. 

You know what they say about people who assume?

Last edited:
wage should not go up, rent and other expenses need to go down. its not fair for other worker who actually have skills job to be paid the same some one who works at mcdonald. 15/hr for flipping burgers :x its called minimum wage job for a reason. and since other skills jobs are not raising their wages then i dont think its fair.

Im curious but have you never heard of people working, going to school and raising kids? I know its difficult but time management and being strategic are the keys.

There are 168 hours in a week. Im the type that is active about solving my problems rather than complaining and hoping for a hand out.
You're assuming he makes enough to both raise his family and go to school. It says he's been working in the fast-food industry for two decades, so it doesn't sound like he's sitting around asking for a handout. He should just shut his mouth and not highlight the issues within the U.S.? 
not being able to support yourself and 3 kids from working fastfood is not an issue within the U.S. its an issue any where in the world caused by poor personal planning. if you dig your self that deep of a grave you shouldnt expect the government to help you out 

You know what they say about people who assume?

Oh ok, you were just making a useless statement that provided zero value to the discussion. Either way, you don't look like much of a "thinker" spewing nonsense like that.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Let me guess you're probably a third generation fast food worker with 3 kids as well.

The only thing useless is people thinking fast work workers should get paid more because they need it, especially in a capitalist country/world.

get over what im saying and get back on topic lol

Last edited:

not being able to support yourself and 3 kids from working fastfood is not an issue within the U.S. its an issue any where in the world caused by poor personal planning. if you dig your self that deep of a grave you shouldnt expect the government to help you out 
I think it highlights several issues though. We need better education and equal opportunity for everyone. We need better sex education and access to contraception. We need better wages. Not everyone can be an engineer, doctor, or scientist. 

I think it highlights several issues though. We need better education and equal opportunity for everyone. We need better sex education and access to contraception. We need better wages. Not everyone can be an engineer, doctor, or scientist. 
of course, but dudes like this guy are a lost cause. it is about education and that's what the conversation should be about, not fastfood workers making more money per hour. wages from a fastfood job should not and will not be able to support a family of 4. 

there are tens of thousands of other jobs that are better than working in fastfood and have nothing to do with engineering, being a doctor or scientist. the point of a job is that you are able to provide someone enough value that they are willing to pay you for your efforts, there are plenty of ways people can provide value. 

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Let me guess you're probably a third generation fast food worker with 3 kids as well.

The only thing useless is people thinking fast work workers should get paid more because they need it, especially in a capitalist country/world.

get over what im saying and get back on topic lol
It's useless that people think they should get paid enough to be able to live?  

Im curious but have you never heard of people working, going to school and raising kids? I know its difficult but time management and being strategic are the keys.

There are 168 hours in a week. Im the type that is active about solving my problems rather than complaining and hoping for a hand out.
You're assuming he makes enough to both raise his family and go to school. It says he's been working in the fast-food industry for two decades, so it doesn't sound like he's sitting around asking for a handout. He should just shut his mouth and not highlight the issues within the U.S.? 
Exactly. I assume stories like this are meant to appeal to people like me, someone who's on the fence about this subject. But stories like this or the lady who was working 20 hours per week don't garner any sympathy from me.

By definition, irresponsible people are going to be irresponsible regardless. There are always going to be people who spend more than they should. You can't change that. Even if everyone was born under the same conditions, some people will make smart decisions and some people will make dumb ones. You can't stop someone from making dumb financial decisions or being lazy. Financially irresponsible people will always exist and will always not have enough money by definition of who they are.

I need to hear a story about someone who's actually doing everything right. The problem is that a lot of us grew up with parents who made minimum wage and we all got by just fine. If someone is making smart decisions and working hard, and still can't feed themselves or is homeless, those are the type of stories that they need to publish. Not stuff like this.

Last edited:
he should have a 4th child so that he can demand 18 dollars an hour instead of just 15

I felt bad for the young woman in this situation because she was young. I can't feel bad for a 36 year old who has exacerbated the severity of his situation. On his wage it is difficult to sustain yourself, but then you add not 1, not 2, but 3 kids to this. At what point did you realize that I need to improve my current standing? On top of that, his children's mother hasn't done anything to improve their situation. It doesn't take 12 years to complete CNA classes. Whether its third world or developed country, the poor and uneducated only make their problems worse by doing things like adding more children to a household that already cannot support itself.

In the industry for nearly 20yrs and never been promoted. U telling me he hasn't learned ANY skills that would get him a promotion? But the only problem ppl will see is his lack of Andy decisions and ambition.

I don't think someone who works in fast food should be able to support a family of 5. They should have to work in a more demanding field such as construction or factory work, but not flipping burgers.

I do think society benefits as a whole if there are opportunities for the uneducated to make a living wage. But we need to focus on job programs that enables people like this to find jobs that better paying, instead of just requiring low wage jobs to pay more.

Everyone wants the good life, but not many are willing to do what it take to get the good life.

The world is mostly fair. If you want to earn more, you have to learn more.

The amount of money you make directly correlates with the value you bring to other people.

Most people are lazy and unreliable. You get what you deserve.

I defiantly feel for all those who don't make enough, but instead of being a victim they could go out and read a book. Take a class.

There are hundreds of stories of people ending up homeless and doing what it takes to makes millions.

Most billionaires on this planet are self-made.

Good luck to you all.

wage should not go up, rent and other expenses need to go down. its not fair for other worker who actually have skills job to be paid the same some one who works at mcdonald. 15/hr for flipping burgers :x its called minimum wage job for a reason. and since other skills jobs are not raising their wages then i dont think its fair.

Agree with this and have thought about this for a long time.

i have a good secure and steady career and way better off than this dude and i still feel im not financially ready for a child. 

meanwhile this cat makes terrible food for minimum wage and decides 3 children is a good idea.  

sounds legit. 

the real issue is he worked for a company for 20 years and hasn't gotten promoted not once? Sounds more like a personal problem not a society problem. He's the dummy who doesn't want to be better himself by moving on to bigger and better things to. He's just a typical worker who's comfortable and doesn't want to better himself.

No it's not fair that your employer is literally paying you minimum wage for your skills but convincing you that you have a good paying job because the people at mcdonalds are being under paid. You're mad at the wrong person.

I feel bad for folks who have to assume fast food jobs because nothing else is cliccing and they are being pushed out of whatever workforce they were a part of prior.  I do not feel bad for folks who have no ambition or intent of doing better, yet want a handout.  Just because YOU been working at McDonalds for 20 years does not mean every person working there deserves $20 an hour.  You know how many times these bums forgot my sweet and sour sauce???? 

I really don't feel sorry for him. There really isn't an excuse for him to be in the position he's in. Complacent and lazy. On top of that continually pushing out kids out of wedlock

Last edited:
Everyone wants the good life, but not many are willing to do what it take to get the good life.

The world is mostly fair. If you want to earn more, you have to learn more.

The amount of money you make directly correlates with the value you bring to other people.

Most people are lazy and unreliable. You get what you deserve.

I defiantly feel for all those who don't make enough, but instead of being a victim they could go out and read a book. Take a class.

There are hundreds of stories of people ending up homeless and doing what it takes to makes millions.

Most billionaires on this planet are self-made.

Good luck to you all.
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom