Meeting people in Seattle?

Hey NTers.  I moved to Seattle from California about 2 years ago to work for a tech company.  Most of the people that I hang out with work at this tech company and to put it mildly, I need to find a different crowd.  Any tips from NTers on places to meet people?  Not looking for females or a relationship, but just cool people to hang out with.

Forgive me for sounding desperate, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm not gonna lie, it's hard to meet people here outside of school or work. You could probably wait until there's another NT meet and greet... or maybe find a group gathering that interests you like a book club (lame example)... Even I have trouble, if it wasn't for my job I'd be one lonely dude...

Just hang outside of Niketown a few hours before a limited release, the people are always chill.

Car meets. Not those typical honda/toyota/nissan kids meets something along the lines of RTCExotics or 'mature' meets. I met some very interesting people from different social backgrounds from millionaires to total grease monkeys. If cars is a hobby I would hang around some NW car forums to get a sense of the community.

To be honest, it's tough to just "meet" people in Seattle. I've lived here my entire life and it's kind of sad how close-minded and sheltered most people are in this city. However, I'll use this (NT-appropriate) example as a way to meet people:

If you're into sneaker culture and street wear, frequent the shops. You don't have to buy anything, but go in once every couple weeks, maybe meet the owners, SAs, etc. Those people like to throw parties at their shops, or maybe at a local nightclub. If they even hardly know you, they'll still want you out because it looks good for them, they want their brand to attract people (whether you are buying or not), and use it to your advantage.

You kind of have to be specific. You can't just walk into a bar in Belltown and expect to meet anyone worth talking to. That's the wrong way to do it.

Try joining a gym (crossfit seems to be the "new" hype), rec league or even alumni association.

I'm about to be in the same situation. Just got the good word on a position in WA.

You can always join sports league where it's co-ed so not just girls or guys, but you get both.

well it doesn't help if you don't say what your into?

you can always ball at rec centers, go running at greenlake, hit up some night clubs/bars???

Night clubs/bars in Seattle are terrible for meeting people. It's the weakest link in Seattle's singles scene. Research co-rec basketball or soccer leagues if you want to go a sports route.

Night clubs/bars in Seattle are terrible for meeting people. It's the weakest link in Seattle's singles scene. Research co-rec basketball or soccer leagues if you want to go a sports route.

go say whats up to the cats at recess in the ave. they some cool dudes. hold events in the shop like the person above stated. they just held a raffle for japan relief. hella cats in the store chillin

Back
Top Bottom