Memphis Grizzlies 2012 Offseason Thread

Need a true franchise player. Rudy Gay/Zach Randolph aren't good enough to be that guy.

Z-Bo caught griffin with that overhand punch like Chuck Liddell 
laugh.gif
I like the Grizz but when their offense isn't clicking it's tough to watch.

I say give this squad one full year together, the team you saw out there got Z-bo back not too long before the playoffs started, and last year Rudy was out before the playoffs. If they can stay healthy an entire year together could do a lot of good.

Well we found out one thing through this series, Rudy Gay isn't clutch. That cant be a good thing when your go to guy cant close out games. Secondly, after blowing that monumental lead in the first game, The Grizzlies never had it together. I feel if they won that game, LAC would've won 2 games AT MOST, before the Grizzlies would have closed out the series. Shoot, I even had the Grizzlies making it all the way to the Western Conference Finals

Rudy Gay missing 2 game winners makes him not clutch? He's been one of the best clutch players since 2006. My question with Rudy is whether or not he can be a closer. I don't think so and that's what ZBO is for. ZBO can close games for us when he's at 100%. We saw it last year in the playoffs. 
But, I agree that this team needs one more full year (hopefully injury free). Our main problems in the playoffs had to deal with lack of backcourt scoring and 3 point shooting. OJ was suppose to fill both of those needs, but came up short in 5 out of the 7 games. Our frontline isn't the problem and I know for a fact that Rudy and ZBO can work together because it did before Rudy got hurt last season. 

Hollins is a good coach and the team has improved every season under him. I understand that he has flaws, but what coach doesn't? I will never agree with the notion that this team played well because of their talent and Hollins had nothing to do with it. All of these guys have improved under him (with the exception of OJ). He needs to work on offensive sets with Rudy and ZBO. I think the fact both of these guys haven't played much together over the past 2 seasons definitely hurt their chemistry with each other. A full training camp this off-season will do them both some good. 

According to Jonathan Givony

Should of made that Mayo for Monte Ellis trade long time ago like it was sitting on the table for 2 years.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ the _ saying he owe dudes on the team 8k for the missed layups for the season and it was $100 per layup

CBS reports that Golden State is looking for an upgrade at SF. They would like to package in their lottery pick, Biedrins and Dorrell Wright or a similar player.

Chris Vernon proposed a solid deal yesterday of Klay Thompson, Biedrins and their lottery pick for Rudy and a filler (maybe Pargo + Cunningham).

[h3] [/h3]
[h3]The Next Griz: Offseason Preview
[/h3]
ROSTER RECAP

Under Contract:

Rudy Gay
Est. Salary: $16,460,532
Coming back from the first serious injury of his career, Gay followed an up-and-down season with an up-and-down playoff debut: He followed bad stretches — particularly in the first halves of Games 3 and 4 — with good stretches. He overcame early struggles to make big plays in the fourth quarter of every game except for Game 7, where he was the Grizzlies most effective player for three quarters and was then a non-factor in the fourth. Aside from perhaps an efficient Game 2, where he did most of his work early, Gay never really put a full game together in these playoffs. It was that kind of season. In large part, it's been that kind of career. Gay is a second-tier player with a first-tier contract and though he can still fine-tune aspects of his game and learn from his first taste of post-season intensity, that reality isn't going to change in any meaningful way.

But, because Gay's struggles can tend to be more frustrating than those of most players, I think the criticism tends to get a little one-sided. Increasingly, a segment of the fan base looks at Gay the way many think Lionel Hollins looks at Tony Allen or the dearly departed Greivis Vasquez: Fixating on the negatives while downplaying the positives. A few facts to put Gay's playoff debut and regular season in context: Gay had the second-best rating among Grizzlies players in the series (after Tony Allen) and had a better shooting percentage than Zach Randolph (including a significantly better shooting percentage from inside the three-point arc). Despite some rough shooting stretches, Gay's scoring efficiency in the series (based on points scored per shot attempt) was higher than any perimeter player except Vasquez (who averaged 11 minutes) from last season's playoff run. He had the sixth-highest PER among small forwards in the NBA this season. Warts and all, Gay's playoff debut was far from the disaster some made it out to be and he's very close to being a Top 5 player in the league at his position.

If the Grizzlies trade Rudy Gay this summer — and you can make a very strong case that they should — it will be for financial, not performance, reasons.

Zach Randolph
Est. Salary: $16,500,000
Despite his protestations to the contrary, Randolph was not capable of putting up a 30-20 game in these playoffs. But he rebounded well, scored well in stretches, and, even with Randolph in a diminished capacity, the Grizzlies were a better team when he was on the floor. The only question going into next season is whether Randolph can get all the way back to his pre-injury form. And though there's no guarantee until it actually happens, most people around the team seem optimistic on this front. Randolph's knee injury healed without surgery and he returned to a reasonable level of effectiveness on schedule. He's still relatively young — he'll turn 31 this summer — and his game has never been predicated on leaping or explosiveness. The odds seem good that an off-season of conditioning work will return Randolph to something close to last season's peak form. If so, he'll return to his rightful place as the Grizzlies' offensive alpha dog next season regardless of what other moves the team makes.
http://
Marc Gasol
Est. Salary: $13,891,359

Mike Conley
Est. Salary: $7,180,000
Randolph and Gay are the top scorers, but Gasol and Conley steer the ship and each had a good season. Gasol has now been the team's best overall player in two of the past three seasons. Both had their struggles in the playoffs — Gasol mysteriously disappeared for a minute early on, Conley fell apart in Game 7 when his body failed him — but largely acquitted themselves well. There will be some concern about Gasol's participation in the Olympics until he survives it unscathed, but both should enter next season in their primes and with their roles secure.

Tony Allen
Est. Salary: $3,300,000
Will be heading into the last year of a contract that's made him one of the biggest bargains in the league. Allen's career-best 26.3 minutes per game in the regular season declined slightly to 24.3 in the playoffs despite Allen having the team's best in the series. And Quincy Pondexter's expanded scoring guard minutes in the series sure felt like an audition. It took Lionel Hollins a while to warm up to Allen early in Allen's inaugural season for the Grizzlies, and there's been a pattern of Hollins favoring, at times, bigger and steadier but less dynamic or effective options — first Xavier Henry, then Sam Young, then Pondexter. It's easy to see why: Allen's unpredictability can drive a coach crazy; just imagine Mike Fratello coaching him. The best bet, of course, is to make peace with Allen's chaos, which will ultimately work for you more than against you. Hopefully the small, questionable decline in Allen's playoff role doesn't portend a reduced role next season.

Quincy Pondexter
Est. Salary: $1,234,320

Dante Cunningham
Est. Salary: $2,090,000
These two rangy, defensive-oriented role players had good first seasons for the Grizzlies, but their playing time proved to be a drag on the team in the playoffs, with the two worst ratings on the team. Both players are likely to shift down a little next season: Cunningham and Pondexter played primarily at the power forward and small forward, respectively, in the regular season, but will probably spend more time at small forward and scoring guard next season, a move that happened with Pondexter in the playoffs.

I misread Cunningham's role in the series, thinking his pick-and-roll and transition defense would make him an important factor. Instead, the Clippers frontline was simply too physically strong for him to match up with. Both look like good, versatile, cost-effective contributors going forward, but they can enhance their impact improving the range and reliability of their jumpers.

Josh Selby
Est. Salary: $762,195

Jeremy Pargo
Est. Salary: $1,000,000
The Grizzlies clearly made a mistake clearing out Greivis Vasquez with the idea that a Pargo/Selby combo could man the back-up point slot. They both yo-yo-ed in and out of the rotation during the season, plagued by horrendous turnover rates, and were out of the mix in the playoffs, with Pargo inactive and Selby playing less than a minute.

Selby's season was to be expected: He was drafted late in the second round as a project pick after one muddled year in college. Selby showed flashes of his athleticism and offensive ability in his brief big-league playing time and did very well in his D League stints. Most around the team seem optimistic about Selby's future and eager to see what kind of strides he can make with a full summer league and training camp behind him. If Selby can emerge as a rotation bench scorer next season, it would be a big help to the Grizzlies, but it isn't smart to conduct the offseason with that in mind.

Pargo's rookie season was a much bigger disappointment. As a 26-year-old whose European numbers suggested he would be a decent rotation player, there was a higher level of expectation for Pargo. If Pargo's contract for next season was subject to a team option, I would assume his departure. But it's fully guaranteed and even if the Grizzlies were to buy him out, that buy out would still be subject to the luxury tax. Given how little wiggle-room the Grizzlies have, the best bet is probably to try to rehab Pargo. If he can settle down, focus on defense — where his strength, size, and athleticism should be able to make him a positive factor — and try not to make the highlight play so often, maybe Pargo can still emerge as a useful player.

Total Est. Committed Salary: $62,418,406
Estimated Luxury Tax: $70,307,000 (This is last season's tax line, which is the minimum level for next season under the new CBA. The actual tax line for next season hasn't been set yet, but Chris Wallace told me this week that he doesn't expect it to rise.)
Est. Space Left Under Tax: $7,888,594

That's roughly $7.5 million to spend on 4-7 additional players (seven would be predicated on buying out Pargo and carrying a full 15; don't count on that), leaving little room absent a flexibility-creating trade, so filling out the roster will be tricky if the Grizzlies choose to keep this core together for at least one more season. If the Grizzlies exercise their draft pick — at #25 — that would probably take around $1.2 million off the available space. I would expect them to do so and to target a point guard and/or three-point shooter the team thinks can contribute immediately. Selby was their project pick. They aren't likely to make another one this summer.

Status of the other players on the current roster:

Restricted Free Agents:
O.J. Mayo
Est. Qualifying Offer: $7,390,018 (This qualifying offer — like the other salary info here — is per HoopsHype.com. The qualifying offer formula changed in the new CBA and I don't think that change is reflected. Mayo's actual qualifying offer may be lower than this, but, in his case at least, I doubt it matters much.)
Mayo followed up a bounce-back regular season and a strong final month by cratering in the playoffs. He was okay in the first couple of game, but from then on his shot disappeared and the Clippers badly exploited his shaky handle at point guard. If the Grizzlies keep their core together, Mayo does not fit in the budget. Even if the team were to make a move to create financial flexibility, I still think Mayo is gone. He wants to start and — against all evidence — wants to play point guard. Odds are very high that those goals are pursued elsewhere.

Darrell Arthur
Est. Qualifying Offer: $3,006,216

Marreese Speights
Est. Qualifying Offer: $3,823,362
Initially targeted as a “fourth big,

CA: Fair or not, Rudy Gay is the Grizzlies Fall Guy

By David Williams

A week later, you can't have a conversation with another Memphian without hearing it.

You don't have to be talking about the Grizzlies, even. You could be talking about religion or ...

First Memphian: Hey, how about this weather we're having?

Second Memphian: I'll like it better, once the Grizzlies get rid of Rudy Gay.

Memphians hate Rudy Gay. I know, hate's a strong word; that's why I chose it. They believe he's to blame for the Grizzlies losing in the first round of the playoffs. They believe the team is doomed to be good-but-not-good-enough as long as he's the so-called "franchise" player.

Apologies to the 12 of you who don't actually hate Gay, and the three of you still undecided. The city has made up its collective mind: Gay makes too much money; he jacks up too many shots; he's not tough enough; he's not clutch enough; he doesn't play hard enough; he doesn't do enough except for when he's trying to do too much; he pouts too much; he shows no emotion; and, on top of all that, he's the antithesis of the Grizzlies' grit-and-grind, rough-and-tumble approach to the game.

I hear it everywhere, from friends and co-workers, from the boss, perfect strangers, talk radio, and my pest-control guy. Mostly, they focus on the money, that five-year, $84 million contract Gay signed in 2010. People talk about Gay's contract as if the money's coming out of their pockets, not Mike Heisley's.

Gay's overpaid, they say. Yeah, most NBA players are. The Clippers' DeAndre Jordan (6-11, 265, 4.1 rebounds a game vs. the Grizzlies in the playoffs) makes $10 million.

But Gay makes so much money, they say, that the small-market Grizzlies can't afford the secondary pieces (backup point guard, 3-point ace) they desperately need.

But the Grizzlies' salary-structure issues have more to do with how -- out of necessity -- they've been built. They couldn't land a franchise-changing draft pick, a la Kevin Durant. They couldn't attract a franchise-changing free agent, a la LeBron James. So they build around a core of several very good players (Gay, Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol, Mike Conley) rather than one or two sublime ones.

As for Gay being "the guy," well, he and Randolph are paid roughly the same, on average, over the courses of their contracts.

The difference is, Randolph is beloved in Memphis. Because he is Memphis, down to his rough edges and troubled past. He's not a pretty player and this is not a pretty town.

So Randolph can take his time coming back from injury -- honestly, didn't you think he could have come back sooner from his Jan. 1 ligament tear?

And Randolph can be, essentially, a bad teammate after the Game 7 loss, saying, in the wake of 3-for-12 shooting, "Get it to me when I'm open."

But like I said, Randolph is beloved. I understand why. We actually like the fact that he doesn't jump very high. We find it endearing that probably a league-high portion of his offensive rebounds come off his own misses. Ah, the big lug. Gotta love him, right?

Randolph is raw and earthy -- if you set his game to music, it would be something from the Stax catalogue, "Born Under a Bad Sign," say. Gay is more Motown, smooth and polished.

I think that's what it comes down to, really. Rudy Gay is too smooth and polished for this town. He doesn't fit. We don't see ourselves in him. Here, smooth and polished generally translates as not trying quite hard enough.

We don't cut the guy much slack, don't give him much leeway. We dwell on the misses at the buzzer, not the makes. When he drives to the basket, takes punishment and scores, we ask why he doesn't do it all the time. We don't acknowledge the strides he's made as an all-around player. As for the strides he still needs to make -- and, yeah, absolutely, there's room for improvement -- we just don't see it happening. Oh, sure, we saw Randolph evolve and improve as a player. But Gay? Nah, the naysayers believe this is all he is; this is all he'll ever be.

Memphis minister: Can I get an amen?

Congregation: Soon as the Grizzlies trade Rudy Gay.

I'm not sure why Rudy gets more flack than ZBO, but I guess what ZBO did last year makes the most "loved" around the city. It seems like ZBO can do no wrong in this city. 
laugh.gif

Here are a list of FA's I can see us realistically going after if we did keep the core together:

PGs:
Patty Mills, San Antonio Spurs – $0.3 million – Unrestricted*
Sundiata Gaines, Brooklyn Nets – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
Jannero Pargo, Atlanta Hawks – $1.1 million – Unrestricted*
Mike James, Chicago Bulls – $0.6 million – Unrestricted
Delonte West, Dallas Mavericks – $1.1 million – Unrestricted

SGs:
Jodie Meeks, Philadelphia 76ers – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
Danny Green, San Antonio Spurs – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*
Mickael Pietrus, Boston Celtics – $1.2 million – Unrestricted*
Gerald Green, Brooklyn Nets – $0.4 million – Unrestricted*
Anthony Parker, Cleveland Cavaliers – $2.3 million – Unrestricted

SFs:
Jason Kapono, Cleveland Cavaliers – $1.2 million – Unrestricted
Steve Novak, New York Knicks – $1.0 million – Unrestricted

PFs:
Darrell Arthur, Memphis Grizzlies – $2.0 million – Restricted ($3.0 million Qualifying Offer)
Marreese Speights, Memphis Grizzlies – $2.8 million – Restricted ($3.8 million Qualifying Offer)
Yi Jianlian, Dallas Mavericks – $0.8 million – Unrestricted
Shelden Williams, Brooklyn Nets – $1.0 million – Unrestricted
Daniel Orton, Orlando Magic – $1.1 million – Unrestricted

Cs:
Hamed Haddadi, Memphis Grizzlies – $1.3 million – Unrestricted
Ian Mahinmi, Dallas Mavericks – $0.9 million – Unrestricted

We have $7.5M with 9 players on the roster. 

Conley / Pargo / Selby

Allen

Gay / Pondexter

Randolph / Cunningham

Gasol 

More than likely, Speights or Arthur will be re-signed. For how much? I'm not sure, but I'm expecting Arthur to be a lot cheaper being that he's coming off a major injury. His QO is $3M and I think he will either sign for something in that range or less. So, I'll pencil in Arthur for a similar deal as Cunningham or see if he takes the QO and prove himself worthy of a better contract.

I would want to bring Haddadi back on a cheap deal. He can definitely play and I think the coaching staff should find a way to get him more playing time in the rotation. Someone should work with him more in the offseason to get him in the best shape, so he can be prepared. I'll give Haddadi another 1yr deal for $1M. 

That's about $3.5-4M of the $7.5M taking up. Leaving us with about another $3.5-4M to spend. The team still would have to draft at #25, find a backup PG and a shooter. We can take care of both needs by signing Delonte West and drafting Doron Lamb or John Jenkins with the 25th pick. TA can help keep Delonte in check while he's in Memphis. 
laugh.gif
 The main thing that concerns me about Delonte is his health. He gets hurt almost every season, but he fits what we need at the backup PG position. Good defender, can play both guard positions, 3 point shot, athletic, tough and a playmaker. You can play him with TA or Conley. I also think he's someone you don't have to worry about at the end of games. Those offensive/defensive subs really hurt us to close out games sometimes and I think West is a guy that you can close out with alongside Conley. 

We all know what Lamb/Jenkins can bring. I'm really split on which one I think would fit our team best. Maybe Jenkins because in college, he was used the way we would probably use him. More off screens and in spot up situations. He also works well off the ball. 

West shouldn't cost us no more than about $2M, if that. I'll give him a 2yr/$3M deal and probably the last year a PO. That should give us about $2M-2.5M to sign our 25th pick (Jenkins). He should only cost about $1-1.2M or something like that. 

Our additions would be Arthur, Haddadi, West and Jenkins. Substractions would be Mayo and Speights. We would have a roster of 13 players, so we may sign someone for the minimum during training camp. Maybe another big man or a shooter. We would still have Pargo and Selby, so I'm hoping for one of them to improve during the off-season as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see us move the worst player of the bunch to free up some extra cash. 

Final roster heading into the season:

Conley / West / Pargo / Selby

Allen / Jenkins

Gay / Pondexter

Randolph / Arthur / Cunningham

Gasol / Haddadi

We get West/Jenkins to replace Juice. Arthur (the better player IMO) replaces Speights and we still have Cunningham. Hopefully, we see improvement from Pondexter and/or Pargo/Selby along with a 2010-11 season Zach Randolph.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

Wow. So much hate on Rudy here. If anything i'm not moving him, ZBo, or Gasol...unless the PERFECT trade for Rudy comes along.
If possible the SG position needs an upgrade. Tony Allen is a great defender but on the decline in his career, and even though I like OJ, he doesn't handle the ball pressure well.

Trade those two for a bonafide SG...Joe Johnson? !@*$...get Paul George and put him at the SG.

David Thorpe on who the Grizzlies should draft.
Memphis Grizzlies

It is tough to guess right now what Memphis will look like next season. One school of thought is that it will change very little. This year's disappointment can be pinned on injuries to core players and previously solid role players.

Considering the Grizzlies' payroll, players such as Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay might be moved for the right players (for a Pau Gasol-Marc Gasol front line perhaps) that possibly can get them over the hump and advance further into the playoffs.

O.J. Mayo is a restricted free agent, and though he's not anywhere close to the player Kevin Love turned out to be, he's still an important shooter/defender and has been a terrific team guy his entire time in Memphis. This is a talented roster with title aspirations, and they are deep at the big positions. It makes sense for them to look for wing help, or to take a point guard if one of the higher-rated players fell to them at No. 25.

Good fits: Moe Harkless, Evan Fournier, Jeff Taylor, Doron Lamb

Harkless might be the best long-term prospect of this group, and could in time become a replacement for Gay should the Grizzlies decide to move him. Harkless has a good scoring touch and good size for a small forward. Fournier also could develop into a good player down the road, and Memphis would be attracted to letting him stay in Europe for a year.

Taylor is a different story, as is Lamb. Taylor plays like a strong veteran and would fit into Memphis' scheme on defense immediately, and he'd provide solid perimeter skills behind Gay. He might already be better than Gay's current backup, Quincy Pondexter. If Taylor is available at No. 25, he might make the most sense for a team looking to win big next year.

Lamb is younger but weaker than Taylor. However, he projects to be an excellent 3-point shooter. Memphis did not shoot well from 3-point range this year and its poor perimeter shooting killed it in the playoffs. He also can be an excellent fit on defense thanks to his length and quickness. If the Grizzlies keep Mayo, they probably will lean toward drafting a small forward, but Lamb could help secure their backup shooting guard position behind Tony Allen. Lamb has great instincts and plays with exceptional poise.

Taylor seems like a Hollins guy 
laugh.gif

I've also heard that management will be working with Selby this offseason to get him ready. So, I have a feeling that we won't be drafting a PG in this draft. They are really looking for him to make a jump, which is possible. I would still rather have a veteran backup, though.

Detroit Pistons #DraftDreams: Jeff Taylor
By Patrick Hayes • 12:00 pm • May 19, 2012

Info
Measurables: 6-foot-7, 225 pounds, senior F from Vanderbilt
Key Stats: 16.4 points, 5.8 rebounds, 1.8 assists and 1.3 steals per game while shooting 49 percent and 42 percent from three
Projected: Late first round
Why I’m intrigued by this guy
There’s really little chance that Jeff Taylor would rise enough to be in play in the late lottery when the Pistons pick and there’s little chance he falls out of the 20s, where he’s currently projected, to the earlier of the Pistons’ second round picks. Still though, he’s the type of efficient shooting wing they should be hoping they can land in the draft. Plus, he’d give the Pistons the only two Swedish players in NBA history along with Jonas Jerebko. Any time you can become the most popular NBA team in Sweden, you have to do it, right?

Pros for the Pistons
Taylor is was of the best outside shooters in the country this season, hitting 42 percent of his threes. He’s also an explosive athlete and willing defensive player. In short, he’s about the prototypical wing the Pistons need right now as they are incredibly deficient in shooting, defense and athleticism on their wings right now. Not only would Taylor’s shooting ability stretch the floor and open lanes for Rodney Stuckey and Brandon Knight, who are both much better in a faster tempo than in the halfcourt, but he would be able to run with them and finish.

Cons for the Pistons
Taylor’s not the best at creating off the dribble, which wouldn’t be much of an issue in Detroit since Stuckey, Knight and Tayshaun Prince handle that. The bigger issue with Taylor is simply his availability. As I said above, he’s currently projected too low for the Pistons to consider him in the lottery and too high for them to have a shot at him in the second round. But don’t sleep on him. He’s EXACTLY the type of under the radar, hard-working and productive prospect who can rise quickly with great workouts. If he does that and some of the underwhelming late lottery bigs, well, underwhelm, don’t be shocked if he plays his way into that conversation. Considering he does things that fill some very significant needs for the Pistons and that Joe Dumars has occasionally shown an inclination towards taking under the radar prospects (Stuckey, for instance), it’s maybe not out of the realm that he could play his way onto Detroit’s first round radar, depending on how the draft plays out before they pick.

What others are saying
Chad Ford:

The Good: Taylor is one of the best athletes in the game. He’s an explosive leaper who excels out in transition. He has dramatically improved his jump shot over the past four years.

The Bad: He still struggles to dominate offensively at times and his aggression level can vary depending on the matchup. He’s already 22 years old, which hurts his stock a little.

The Upside: Taylor finally had the breakout year NBA scouts were hoping for as a senior. His athletic ability alone makes him a legitimate first-round prospect. If he were to land on the right team, he could have a great pro career. He’s wilted a bit in big games over the past few years. If he can take over in the tournament, he could take one more big step up the draft board.

DraftExpress:

While Taylor’s offensive game remains a work in progress, he is still an outstanding defender who should be able to contribute immediately in the NBA on that end of the floor. While his reported 6’6 wingspan is unimpressive to say the least, he has excellent lateral quickness to stay in front of all but the quickest point guards and the strength to guard four positions at the collegiate level. Furthermore, and as we have written before, his fundamentals are superb across the board, giving him the chance to be a real presence on this end of the floor at the next level.

NBADraft.net:

NBADraft.net: You are known as a defensive stopper and have been an All-SEC defender the past 2 seasons. What is it that sets you apart from other players on the defensive side of the ball?

Jeffery Taylor: I take a great deal of pride in not letting my man score. I think that is the most important thing. You have to take pride in not letting your man score and everything else takes care of itself. It isn’t all about athletic ability. I feel like defense is all about your mentality and how you approach the game.

NBADraft.net: How does it feel when you shut down the other team’s best player?

Jeffery Taylor: It feels really good. It is definitely something that has always been important to me. I take it personal if a guy scores on me. Definitely being a stopper and people being able to rely on me on the defensive end is definitely the type of player I want to be. It is the kind of player I’ve always been.

ESPN:

Taylor wasn’t flawless Sunday, but he did a lot of things to make those apathetic NBA scouts take notice. His combination of ball skills and penetrating ability comes packaged in a wide, well-built 6-foot-6 frame. His athleticism allowed him to turn one drill — in which campers were asked to catch the ball, pivot, and lay it in with their opposite hand — into a surprisingly impressive dunkfest. When campers were shown a series of three- and four-stage ball moves (“OK, this is a crossover, then a stepback, then a BIG step through the lane, and then we want a clean finish over coach, who will be standing on that chair near the goal. Everyone got it?

According to Chris Vernon, Doron Lamb and John Jenkins will be the first two prospects coming in on June 11th.

Here are the list of the prospects they are bringing in for workouts:

Royce White
Jeff Taylor
Andrew Nicholson
Evan Fournier
Kevin Jones
Tony Wroten
Darius Miller
Tyshawn Taylor
Jared Cunningham
Kim English
Quincy Acy
Will Barton
Draymond Green
JaeCrowder
and they have a soft commitment from Marquis Teague

I see alot of guard prospects that can either shoot or have playmaking ability. Also, I see athletic bigs. That's a good sign. 

Back
Top Bottom