Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by da fact that they come with everything

Da OG release did in 2002 with da same dvd (which

Showcases now washed up athletes) da briefcase

Foam fingers, right down to da peel off sticker im

Willing to bet these are grey market pairs which

Were randomly put in production.

I have the White/Red XVIIs so I know exactly what you're talking about.

But don't you think we would've heard by now if the XVIIs were coming back again? And let's not kid ourselves my man, there is NO way Nike/JB are reissuing the DVD and briefcase as those items add to the bottom line. Look at the 'Black/Red' XIs that dropped this past Christmas - the special boxes were done away with.

Judging by da fact that they come with everything

Da OG release did in 2002 with da same dvd (which

Showcases now washed up athletes) da briefcase

Foam fingers, right down to da peel off sticker im

Willing to bet these are grey market pairs which

Were randomly put in production.

I have the White/Red XVIIs so I know exactly what you're talking about.

But don't you think we would've heard by now if the XVIIs were coming back again? And let's not kid ourselves my man, there is NO way Nike/JB are reissuing the DVD and briefcase as those items add to the bottom line. Look at the 'Black/Red' XIs that dropped this past Christmas - the special boxes were done away with.

I know, which reinforces da fact for me that whoever

Said "eff that imma churn out some XVII's da with

Beaverton" didnt do it with ANY permission....

Cuz you're right, why would JB re-issue that DVD

And include a briefcase that was used to carrot

People into spending 200 bucks which was still

Out of da ordinary in 2013 when da hype is at all

Time highs? Deception plain & simple. If you're

Not internet savy how would you know those XVII's

Werent a decade old just DS? They dont yellow &

Kicks from this generation dont dry rot like years past so you would never know.

Kicks from this generation dont dry rot like years past so you would never know.

You're right about the kicks not yellowing and/or rotting if stored correctly. OK so we're both on the same page about the XVIIs being counterfeit then, seeing as a third party has initiated their production.

You're right about the kicks not yellowing and/or rotting if stored correctly. OK so we're both on the same page about the XVIIs being counterfeit then, seeing as a third party has initiated their production.
doesn't mean they''re counterfeit..just means they're unauthorized, da terms are not mutually exclusives to each other...cuz this

"3rd party" is pretty much da same people that made em when they were authorized, thats da only way i feel they can churn em out

exactly as they were in 2002.

doesn't mean they''re counterfeit..just means they're unauthorized, da terms are not mutually exclusives to each other...cuz this

"3rd party" is pretty much da same people that made em when they were authorized, thats da only way i feel they can churn em out

U a funny dude bruh! LOL used shoes=fake and 3rd party=unauthorized.

U a funny dude bruh! LOL used shoes=fake and 3rd party=unauthorized.

When you re-read what i wrote and realize your

Failure to comprehend ill be here lulz' @ u.

I can understand you when you say the authorized factory is running off extra pairs of shoes currently in production as grey market and unauthorized. Now you reaching with the 3rd party scenario as grey market and unauthorized, just like you were reaching with used shoes being fake. Once that 3rd party is involved its straight counterfeit.

I can understand you when you say the authorized factory is running off extra pairs of shoes currently in production as grey market and unauthorized. Now you reaching with the 3rd party scenario as grey market and unauthorized, just like you were reaching with used shoes being fake. Once that 3rd party is involved its straight counterfeit.

Quote me where i said people other then originally

Authorized factories were making XVII's...

Either it's the same people or it's not. Additionally, unless these are currently in authorized production then there is no authorized factory making extra pairs.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here.

a) There's no proof that the very same factory that made these in 2002 are also making them now. Tags can easily be replicated and technology has changed in the last decade. There are sneaker factories all over Vietnam & China. Any one of them has the technology and expertise to 'reverse engineer' a sneaker. The onus on using quality materials depends on how much the person requesting the reproduction is willing to pay for each unit.

b) If the XVIIs are a Nike owned and patented product then only they can authorize production runs. The outsourced manufacturer cannot take it upon themselves to produce sneakers whenever they feel like it - there are contractual obligations in place. Likewise you and I can't take our own money and create a batch of 'Jordan' XVIIs just because we're not satisfied with 'authentic' Jordan product.

If they are "counterfeit" than they are the best counterfeits on the planet. Every shoe I got from taobao and mentalkicks have been keeping up in great condition. I rotate them and wear them all throughout a weekly basis now that its been nice weather for the last month or so. For comfort level it would go my 11s, 3s, than my 6s. The shi.t looks,feels,wears,and maintains the exact same as a shoe that wasnt made "3rd party". Like I said I could care less who makes the sneakers aslong as they are made to the proper standard and continuously made for people to be able to attain them at affordable prices. This reselling bubble that the Jordan Brand has created is just dispicable. They put out the desired sneaker in very low volumes purposely so people cut eachothers throats for them, than whoever did get them gets to fu.ckin put up to 400 more dollars on the shoe when they resell it, because they aint even a sneakerhead they just a greedy hustler. Atleast these "3rd partys" are doing a solid for all those real sneakerheads that just want to wear fly sneakers.

Last edited:

Either it's the same people or it's not. Additionally, unless these are currently in authorized production then there is no authorized factory making extra pairs.

Im going with what i said which is YES i believe

Authorized factories are producing UNAUTHORIZED

Runs...

Y is it so far fetched that a shoe can't be replicated outside the same factory that produces the originals. Like come on. They have already admitted on that video it can be done

I'm going to have to disagree with you here.

a) There's no proof that the very same factory that made these in 2002 are also making them now. Tags can easily be replicated and technology has changed in the last decade. There are sneaker factories all over Vietnam & China. Any one of them has the technology and expertise to 'reverse engineer' a sneaker. The onus on using quality materials depends on how much the person requesting the reproduction is willing to pay for each unit.

b) If the XVIIs are a Nike owned and patented product then only they can authorize production runs. The outsourced manufacturer cannot take it upon themselves to produce sneakers whenever they feel like it - there are contractual obligations in place. Likewise you and I can't take our own money and create a batch of 'Jordan' XVIIs just because we're not satisfied with 'authentic' Jordan product.
This is what I'm saying.  Once a factory that is no longer authorized to produce Nikes or Jordans starts running off batches of shoes it's no longer 'grey market', it's black and white, they are counterfeiting. 
Im going with what i said which is YES i believe

Authorized factories are producing UNAUTHORIZED

Runs...
See now it's authorized factories and no longer 3rd party factories, which is what I quoted that you said. Molds and retro fitting a factory for production has got to be expensive as hail, and all that bread for a XVII doesn't seem cost effective. Do you have a link to where these XVII's are currently being sold? 

Y is it so far fetched that a shoe can't be replicated outside the same factory that produces the originals. Like come on. They have already admitted on that video it can be done
It's not, what's far fetched is that you would refer to them as authentic or unauthorized, and not counterfeit. 

Originally Posted by SquatchNT  

Once a factory that is no longer authorized to produce Nikes or Jordans starts running off batches of shoes it's no longer 'grey market', it's black and white, they are counterfeiting. 
this is debatable because you're now dealing with da abstract idea that a status of a factory changes da nature of da product it produces

changes whether they have active nike contracts or not,

i tend to think if you're reverse engineering something its bootlegging, but if you're making authentic runs unauthorized its grey market.

^^^

This thinking is flawed, especially coming from a long time Nike/JB consumer. You must have a deep sneaker rotation so why even bother with counterfeit kicks let alone justify their existence? Furthermore where's the proof that factory X in Chinese province Y under ownership of the Pou Chen group is the same factory making the counterfeits? It could be Pou Chen's factory A in Chinese province B making them? Or is that justifiable since it's all coming from the Pou Chen group?

this is debatable because you're now dealing with da abstract idea that a status of a factory changes da nature of da product it produces

i tend to think if you're reverse engineering something its bootlegging, but if you're making authentic runs unauthorized its grey market.
It's not that abstract at all bruh. Just because you were once authorized to make 'em doesn't mean you can reverse engineer 'em and call 'em authentic. 

^They are being made in the same factories where Nike employees are supervising production. I can't give you proof other than my word. Ninjahoods logic is not flawed.
You think Nike employees are supervising production of XVII's? I wouldn't think they even supervised runs of the XI's that were being made but rather the factory owners doing under Nikes noses and paying Nike employees to look the other way. 

^they aren't reverse engineered in all instances. Nike employees who oversee production overseas (no pun intended) are seeing some of these pairs being made. They just don't see them leave all the time
I could belee something like that on current productions...

It's not that abstract at all bruh. Just because you were once authorized to make 'em doesn't mean you can reverse engineer 'em and call 'em authentic. 
thats what you're not getting..if you were authorized to make em before you already HAVE da "tech packs" and

molds to keep making em whether or not your business relationship with nike is current or not so there isn't

any "reverse engineering" going on, more like "unauthorized grey market runs"

^they aren't reverse engineered in all instances. Nike employees who oversee production overseas (no pun intended) are seeing some of these pairs being made. They just don't see them leave all the time
I could belee something like that on current productions...
386fd8ca85c0980b89dacfdd4704aac1.jpg
f34bdbffdc27e89a54d2473a59729dbd.jpg
c1916024e44814df24a491a99fa745b8.jpg
1299687b7edda466dc60f9d29887e649.jpg
7b872c2348af927be48ff527b663ac29.jpg
6e3643fa17c2e108919d5cb54b3b9fed.jpg
54d061de8621b78a08fa6c386ecda365.jpg
67aac69ccbd3b726c0eabc227328d188.jpg
917d94efe38838bea70a205c2bfb33f2.jpg
e65fd6396cea483b79c85c6830851eff.jpg
e623fc13c81ae1d3e8249a570dc216aa.jpg
fc8b8add1ce74bc6d443b4e9999cb63e.jpg
1b0aeeff439a9057d0d247c5262782e9.jpg
ca467ae650c021f2d814d3a64e75e6ed.jpg
f97c8c6be9eb170a0086c49d10bfa7d7.jpg
5847bac1df7b4b969d9fc2de2c9fc482.jpg
7b910c0091871c588531d596618eafd0.jpg
7eaa1772401569310848608bf5815bbd.jpg
1b3339752559aade692c2d99a83fa153.jpg
a2c026ca76de88abd66f988a5a6e861a.jpg
da372bb9174cd1681b086168f520dfd6.jpg
6a7a08da155930cd556fa80f91fd03d4.jpg
fc8fb96dd4392bb28dd7d1a39eb0d38e.jpg

look at all da different components..just extra **** off bat:

da cardboard wrap over da briefcase

da dvd (thats not obsolete)

actual briefcase

da level of detail and sophistication of these can ONLY be made by da factory that originally made em. they're not even similar to da CDP's they are dead identical to da 2002

pair. common sense would suggest da original factory who made em literally churned out XVII's from da exact 2002 specs like it was doing it back then.

Those pics could be of the 2002 XVII tho? 
nerd.gif
 If you gonna bootleg, you gotta at least bootleg something that's gonna move.
laugh.gif
 The molds would have to be reverse engineered unless Nike trusts these owners enough to just hold on to em. 

Those pics could be of the 2002 XVII tho? 
nerd.gif
 If you gonna bootleg, you gotta at least bootleg something that's gonna move.
laugh.gif
 The molds would have to be reverse engineered unless Nike trusts these owners enough to just hold on to em. 

Of course these were made recently, they got SWARMS of sizes. Nike does leave da molds in da

Factories cuz it cost more money to reproduce them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom