Mercedes Benz E-Class- 2018 COUPE REVEALED - Middle-Child S-Class

nevermind on my last comment. That video made me realize the new E is fire and is going to be a steal in about 2 years once the depreciation hits CPO'd.

Only problem I have is the rear lights. Wont even be able to differentiate this from the C Class at all :smh: :stoneface: . Everything else they hit on all cylinders

I know many hates that the sedan looks like a mid-size S but I really wouldn't mind if the coupe was a mid-size S.

C-Coupe is nice too but they're definitely just making these like t-shirt sizes, Small, Medium and Large.

the slope on the rear pillar/window is just off to me.

too reminiscent of the 2-door accord for me, the accord was the first time i remember seeing a rear silhouette like this and its just stuck with me ever since, so when I see the current gen of MBZ...my mind automatically associates with the Accord....all bad....the side and rear quarter window are exactly the same :x

View media item 1869283View media item 1869285
Its bad enough u got car makers like hyundai, kia, honda, and GM all stealing design ques from MBZ and BMW right now.....but MBZ took a step backwards in the styling department IMO, sure these cars are absolutely amazing machines, some of the best on the road with the best technology you can pack into a car....but it look like doo doo

/rant

lol I had an accord coupe an it's very similar indeed

I still love the new C Coupe though

Good body design is a good body design but I see your point

Last edited:

The most powerful version yet of Mercedes-AMG's 4.0-liter, twin-turbocharged V8 sits under the E63S' hood, with 603 horsepower and 627 pound-feet of torque. Paired with a 4Matic all-wheel-drive system that promises totally variable front-to-rear torque – there's no mention of lateral torque vectoring – Mercedes' new super sedan is faster off the line than the 640-hp Cadillac CTS-V. The E63S is 0.4 seconds faster to 60, doing the deed in just 3.3 seconds to the Caddy's 3.7 seconds (though the CTS-V's 200-mile-per-hour top speed dwarfs the E63S' 186-mph electronic limit). And if you buy the standard car? Don't worry, the base E63 can still beat the Cadillac with its 563 hp and 553 lb-ft of torque. The run to 60 takes just 3.4 seconds, although it hits its electronic limit at only 155. Regardless of model, Mercedes stuck with its nine-speed AMG Speedshift multi-clutch transmission.

Beyond leaving claw marks in the pavement, the new 4Matic system has another trump card that we heard rumors about recently – Drift Mode. Standard on the E63S, drivers select the "Race" drive program, switch off stability control, activate the transmission's manual mode, and voila, big, smokey slides. Besides knowing how to activate it, details on going sideways are scarce. Mercedes claims Drift Mode turns the E63 into a "purely rear-wheel drive" vehicle, which sounds great, but we're wondering if this is entirely a function of the 4Matic system, or if there is some other trickery at play. No matter how AMG pulls it off, this sounds like a good deal – you have the all-wheel drive to maximize grip in a straight line, while a push of the button will allow the same kind of tail-out antics rear-drive owners experience whether they want it or not.

View media item 2210978View media item 2210979View media item 2210980View media item 2210981View media item 2210982

Was actually considering checking out the A5/S5 Sportback but I think this pretty much surpasses the Audi.

Back
Top Bottom