Mexican food help please!

Originally Posted by Thizz Marley

Originally Posted by ImNacho

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Queso Oaxaca
or Asadero, those are the ones you use in Quesadillas...

Cotija es more of a 'on top of flautas' thing, it has like a salty taste...

Panela in the other hand...
pimp.gif
co-pinche-sign

laugh.gif

all good info though

Originally Posted by Thizz Marley

Originally Posted by ImNacho

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Queso Oaxaca
or Asadero, those are the ones you use in Quesadillas...

Cotija es more of a 'on top of flautas' thing, it has like a salty taste...

Panela in the other hand...
pimp.gif
co-pinche-sign

laugh.gif

all good info though

The Mexican food spot is "La Carreta" on Compton Ave & Vernon. They got the best tacos and burritos there, haven't found a better place than that.

The Mexican food spot is "La Carreta" on Compton Ave & Vernon. They got the best tacos and burritos there, haven't found a better place than that.

Originally Posted by kedabowl

There is Queso Fresco, but it doesnt melt very well. White cheddar is good, but its very oily/greasy when melted. American melts the best and is used the most (at least in San Antonio it is).

You could try the "Mexican" blends that come pre shredded, but the mixture of cheeses melt different ways.

My opinion is to get American, go to your local grocery store and go to the deli and ask for a pound of American and they will normally shred it for you. Thats the best way to go.

Are you serious?  American cheese?
I only use it for burgers or grilled cheese.

I would never use it for quesadillas or anything similar.

Originally Posted by kedabowl

There is Queso Fresco, but it doesnt melt very well. White cheddar is good, but its very oily/greasy when melted. American melts the best and is used the most (at least in San Antonio it is).

You could try the "Mexican" blends that come pre shredded, but the mixture of cheeses melt different ways.

My opinion is to get American, go to your local grocery store and go to the deli and ask for a pound of American and they will normally shred it for you. Thats the best way to go.

Are you serious?  American cheese?
I only use it for burgers or grilled cheese.

I would never use it for quesadillas or anything similar.

Back
Top Bottom