MF Doom haters, please explain why vol. Mos Def is a fan

I know there are a lot of peeps who don't like Doom For those of you who are not fans of his, what don't you like about his music, is it his voice,beats, flow?

I like him but I think those that don't aren't used to his style and only give him a quick listen and don't like it. It takes a little bit longerto get used to it for some people.

"Should've let your trick 'ho chick hold your sick glow
Plus nobody couldn't do nothin' once he let the brick go
And you know I know that's a bunch of snow
The beat is so butter
Peep the slow cutter"

pimp.gif
DOOM IS THAT DUDE

Originally Posted by M16

I like him but I think those that don't aren't used to his style and only give him a quick listen and don't like it. It takes a little bit longer to get used to it for some people.

Exactly it.

First time I listened to him I was like mehh....
eyes.gif

I like him now though.

laugh.gif
..when I first heard him I was like the hell is this with these offbeat lyrics and bum beats..
but then after I heard Operation:Doomsday..he's definately one of my favorites
He has an acquired sound you get used to after a while.even with Born Like This I still have the
eyes.gif
..but its
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by M16

I like him but I think those that don't aren't used to his style and only give him a quick listen and don't like it. It takes a little bit longer to get used to it for some people.

Pretty much sums it up.

90% of people these days will only give a quick spin to artists they have never heard before, as we are BOMBARDED with so much new music every day on theinternets. If they don't like it from the initial sampling, 9 times out of 10 people brush it off as wack without really getting in depth with the music.

DOOM is an acquired taste for sure. Now that I listen to him and like what he does, I always wonder what people hearing him for the first time think. Maddudes on NT hype him up, so you know it's gotta be pure comedy when people hear him for the first time expecting something totally different.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dude's talking this nonsense like he's too complex or something... He's just plain trash. From the mask gimmick, to the awful flow... he justdoesn't do it for me. Only song I liked from him was Angels with Ghostface.

pimp.gif

Dude makes allusions to things that the casual listener doesn't catch. If you don't know what an allusion is, that might be you.

I fail to understand how you can't comprehend someones dislike toward his music. His style is clearly not for everyone. Its not just about his complexity,because other artist are just as complex but still maintain a strong fan base. His flow and beats wouldn't appeal to the average listener. All they hear isnoise.

Originally Posted by M16

Pretty much, but I've been meaning to give him another chance.

I love his inventiveness. You know a DOOM beat when you hear it, and you know a DOOM verse when you hear it. He has a remarkably complex syntax to his rhyming.The thing is, I never remember disliking the guy. From the jump I loved his uniqueness and lyricism.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

his voice, beats, flow
some underground rappers rap as if they DON'T want fans.
this is one of them. why have a beat when you're not going to rap to it?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by M16

Basically. When I heard Doomilation I was taken back because nobody in rap really flows or has a delivery like that. It trips you out even morewhen you hear his KMD shhhh. Another thing is lyrics, you get past the flow/delivery and then you find yourself not getting all the clever puns, metaphors,double entendres, etc. but that's based more off of what you know, exposed to, and experienced.

Mos is right tho you really got appreciate his humor and dopeness on that joint. Mmmm delicious rap snitch knishes
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Break it down and you can say he shhh on just about every mainstream rapper on that steez.

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Originally Posted by M16

Pretty much sums it up.

90% of people these days will only give a quick spin to artists they have never heard before, as we are BOMBARDED with so much new music every day on the internets. If they don't like it from the initial sampling, 9 times out of 10 people brush it off as wack without really getting in depth with the music.

DOOM is an acquired taste for sure. Now that I listen to him and like what he does, I always wonder what people hearing him for the first time think. Mad dudes on NT hype him up, so you know it's gotta be pure comedy when people hear him for the first time expecting something totally different.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yup, love Doom...took a little while to get used to it, but one of my favorite artists ever now

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

pimp.gif

Dude makes allusions to things that the casual listener doesn't catch. If you don't know what an allusion is, that might be you.

roll.gif
That's real tho, dude is pretty well read. You gotta know stuff to understand what he's saying.

DOOM is an acquired taste for sure.

That sums Doom up for me. When I first heard him, I just didn't get it. Then I heard MM..Food and I became an immediate fan and have been ever since.

Madvillainy, MM...Food and Special Herbs 0-9 stay in rotation
pimp.gif

Beef Rapp
eek.gif
pimp.gif

He's talented I just find his whole mask and villain persona corny as @!**...

Like if this was some unkown rapper who put all his music with his whole persona %*$# on facebook everybody on here would be flaming this dude...

yeah MM Food converted me...before I thought he was lame...dude is actually pretty complex and witty.

Back
Top Bottom