Might be getting scammed, might not. Vol. Autographed Jordans.

Long story short. Found a listing online with a pair of 2000 Cool Grey XI.  Dude sells a lot of autographed memorabilia and has PLENTY of authenticated items (bats, balls, helmets, etc).  So we worked out a price of $350, I meet up with the dude and ask a couple questions.  Come to find out he buys stuff off a woman who's dad sold houses and had a couple athletes. He said the shoes were just sitting in a corner in the crib. Like I mentioned, he as PLENTY of authenticated memorabilia but these aren't.  The shoes are definitely authentic but the autograph, maybe not.  What you guys think?  Worth the chance?  They're a size 14 and have scuff marks but no wear on the soles. Game worn?
ohwell.gif

michael-jordan-wearing-cool-grey-air-jordan-11.jpg

im hoping they're legit that would be a hell of a come up you don't have the COA so that will drop its worth but no ones a certified autograph analyzer so you probably will never know

Hmmm...the only thing that makes me concerned is that it's a size 14. I remember the Sole Collector interview with Gentry where he said Mike plays in a 13.5. I've also seen 13/13.5 game worn authenticated shoes from Mike on ebay.

Only thing that gets me is that they are a sz 14. Most of his pe are 13.5 and some 13. If legit that's a steal and a half. Hope this pic helps

MJ doesnt sign things that are not upper deck approved from what i heard

with that said, i'd offer $200 because of all the scuff marks. if he doesn't want that, keep it movin

Originally Posted by steven42lh

Originally Posted by EcruteakCityBoy

Take it to Pawn Stars to get it verified

And then they will offer you $50 for it.

But he'll call one of his 10 million buddies and make sure it's legit.

If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't. In situations like this, I'd rather error on the side of caution.

Easy pass for me.

100% fake as others have said its been a long time since jordan has signed something not handled by upper deck. and he's a 13 in one foot and a 13.5 in another.

Tell him what some of the guys here said, like that mj doesn't wear a 14 and that he doesnt sign non upper deck stuff.

with that being said, buy them for a good price, get some acetone/nailpolish remover, remove signature and sell them ???

im hoping they're legit that would be a hell of a come up you don't have the COA so that will drop its worth but no ones a certified autograph analyzer so you probably will never know
Although the signature looks like the real deal but thats what forgeries are they make stuff look like the real deal. However, getting them looked at by a reputable sports memorabilia/ autographed professional like authenticators @ PSA/DNA or JSA would definately give you more certainty and more value to the sneakers. But the sneakers look real authentic more pictures and pictures of the tags would help.

Back
Top Bottom