Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

Overall look of the suits is ok except for the helmets..shoudve kept an element from the zords on them.

Morphers are garbage.

Last edited:
Overall look of the suits is ok except for the helmets..shoudve kept an element from the zords on them.

Morphers are garbage.

I think that's the thing though, they still have the zord elements to them, it's just the movie zords elements tho. And I hate that the reason they made them like that was just so they had an excuse to show the actors faces during action scenes :smh:

they ever explain why its prehistoric zords?Like why dinosaurs and mastodons?

i remember from another one of the series, one of the rangers was a gorilla I think. and a frog

they ever explain why its prehistoric zords?Like why dinosaurs and mastodons?

i remember from another one of the series, one of the rangers was a gorilla I think. and a frog

The gorilla and frog i wanna say originated from the actual mmpr movie

The gorilla and frog were spirit animals or some ish. I don't think they ever touched on why they used dinosaurs at first though

The gorilla and frog were spirit animals or some ish. I don't think they ever touched on why they used dinosaurs at first though

They took the show from a Japanese series that was well developed and into its 16th season. The 16th happened to be about a witch(Rita equivalent) who's son was killed in the dinosaur age so she wants revenge. Sells her soul for powers and proceeds to decimate all. There were five tribes and five guardian beasts (zords equivalent) that sealed her on a planet.

Fast forward and she becomes unsealed and an ancient sage (zordon equivalent) awakens five ancient warriors from the tribes (Rangers equivalent) to fight back.

So yeah....Dinosaurs

Apparently the original line had Dulcea saying something along the lines that Adam had speed like a frog but JYB asked the directors if he could be disappointed with being a frog

I always thought it was because Adam was supposed to be ugly or something. So she was trying to make him feel better

I always thought it was because Adam was supposed to be ugly or something. So she was trying to make him feel better

Haha, yeah. Just figured he got played or something and you were supposed to feel bad for him :lol:

All I know is that if that was Zach who had gotten that frog, dude would've said something like "I'm feeling froggy" or some **** like that and would've owned that Zord more than Adam ever did :lol:

They took the show from a Japanese series that was well developed and into its 16th season. The 16th happened to be about a witch(Rita equivalent) who's son was killed in the dinosaur age so she wants revenge. Sells her soul for powers and proceeds to decimate all. There were five tribes and five guardian beasts (zords equivalent) that sealed her on a planet.

Fast forward and she becomes unsealed and an ancient sage (zordon equivalent) awakens five ancient warriors from the tribes (Rangers equivalent) to fight back.

So yeah....Dinosaurs

Watching clips of this on YouTube. That **** is wild

Castlevania showrunner working on an R-rated Power Rangers reboot

A complete retelling of the first three seasons

The showrunner on Netflix’s new Castlevania series, Adi Shankar, is working on an R-rated reboot of Power Rangers series from the ‘90s.

During an interview with Polygon, Shankar said his next big project was a Power Rangers meets Dragon Ball Z type series that would reimagine the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers series that ran between 1993 and 1999. The show would be an animated series and Shankar said it would be the most violent version of the show to date.

“It’s a complete retelling of the first three seasons,” Shankar said. “And it’s going to be really ******* dark. Darker than any other Power Rangers series.”

Shankar is already working on the script for the first season and wants to launch the series within the next 18 months, but has yet to sell the series to a network. When asked if there were any potential suitors, Shankar said there were a couple of networks interested but he wanted to bring the show to Netflix. Shankar is currently working with the internet network on the recently announced Castlevania.

“Netflix is doing what every other network should be doing,” Shankar said. “I’ve worked with almost every network and Netflix just gets it. The world we live in now has disrupted the idea of what entertainment is and Netflix gets it.”

Polygon has reached out to Netflix for comment on the series and will update when more information becomes available.

Shankar said what he wanted to get away from with the revamp was the monster-of-the-week format the original Power Rangers series had to follow. Instead, he wanted to make it a linear series and focus on the essential story elements.

“If you look at what shows are like today, they’re long movies,” Shankar said. “It’s a format paradigm and I want to explore creating these types of new shows with Power Rangers.”

Like Castlevania, Shankar wants the Power Rangers series to have climactic battle sequences and feel large in scale. He wanted to merge the best parts of the Power Rangers series (the characters and the world they live in) with the aspects of DragonBall Z the series became famous for (the long and extensive fight sequences).

“We’re going to focus on the beats of what made each show great and turn that into one, entirely new Power Rangers series,” Shankar said.

Right now, this is just a concept that Shankar is working on, but he’s hoping to sell the series pretty soon. Right now, his current focus is on Castlevania, which he told Polygon will set the bar for video game to TV adaptations.

The first part of Castlevania’s first season will air this year.

Last edited:
The poster implies that we'll be focusing a lot on Jason and Kimberly's relationship (they're bigger than the other rangers), I hope that this isn't some love story about them and they're just reducing the other three rangers to be backups.

I think it's been stated by one that shall not be named that their romance was cut down that even the kiss on the trailer was cut from the film.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom