Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

I bet you this was his idea too.

2zrj5ax.gif

I watched rpm cuz of this thread, and I thought it was really good. I think I liked it better than MMPR.

I hope they have awesome music for this movie. Listening to some of Ron Wasserman's stuff from the original show and those songs were classics to me.

I hope the suits aren't plasticky like the first MMPR film lol.

It would be sweet to see cameos from the original five. I highly doubt it, but that would be sweet.

Hollywood can't mess this one up, right?

Let's be real here folks, this is one of the cheesiest, corniest franchises ever made, and we only dig it because it was part of our youth. Enjoy it for what it is, but even if they make the slightest effort to make a good movie, it's already better than what we know.

I actually tried watching the 1995 MMPR film a week ago. I didn't finish it.

Some things are better left in your memories Lol.

Power Rangers RPM had better acting and writing.

‘Power Rangers’: Actors Begin Testing for Lionsgate Reboot

With Dean Israelite set as its director and the latest script in to execs, Lionsgate has begun the search for who will become the new “Power Rangers.”

Sources tell Variety the studio is about to begin testing young talent, looking at up-and-coming actors and actresses to make up the team. Sources say Daniel Zovatto (“It Follows”), Ross Butler (“Chasing Life”) and Brian “Sene” Marc are among those testing for Zack (aka the Black Ranger), while KJ Apa (“Shortland Street”), Austin Butler (“The Shannara Chronicles”) and Mitchell Hope (“The Descendants”) are testing for Jason (aka the Red Ranger).

Sources also say Naomi Scott (“The Martian”) and newcomer Stephanie Scott are up for the role of Kimberley (aka the Pink Ranger). Insiders say the studio is looking for fresh faces to fill out the team and will probably look for a big name to play the antagonist for the films, though no offers have been made for that part.

Jeff Sneider of The Wrap has since added to Variety's report, claiming that Bridge To Terabithia & The Carrie Diaries lead AnnaSophia Robb is also in contention to play Kim. Variety revealed the other two roles of Blue Ranger 'Billy' & Yellow Ranger 'Trini' will be cast as unknowns, but added that the studio are looking for "a big name" to play the role of the antagonist.

Last edited:
I hope Zach is black but I understand why he isn't if they go that route.

Nah. If they are going to use the character of Zack, he needs to be black. If they wanna go the Adam route, then sure whatever.

Um know, if Zach isn't black than they've failed the reboot already. This needs to be a tongue in cheek parody damn near, I need accuracy. NT's resident dime as Kimberly Hart will give this movie immediate buzz.

I don't know what antagonist they want between Rita and Zedd but Bryan Cranston needs to play either one

Zack isn't going to be black??? FAIL.

Don't have the story revolve around the original five then change their origins..

If Zach ain't black I'm protesting b. I ain't watching it

Back
Top Bottom