Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

I'm 30 and MMPR was my ish back in the day. I don't know anyone personally who watched all those other versions after the original series ie. Ninjas, dinos, bike riders. Lol.

^I stopped at Power Rangers in Space.

Cassie and Ashley could get it.

I watched consistently through Wild Fury. Stopped watching then watched it again for Dino Thunder when Tommy came back.

Cassie, Kat, Kim, Ashley, Maya, Aiesha, Katie, Karone, etc were all fire. To think of it, there have been very few female rangers that weren't attractive.

Last edited:
Yeah. Power rangers in space had some fine female Rangers. But the pink ranger from Time force had also gotta be up there. Erin cahill :evil:

Last edited:
That girl is fine. Would be my reason to go to those ranger conventions.

I hope that new synopsis is fake. It sounds like hot trash. I don't even know what a Dino Crisis is. I played a video game with that title when I was a kid. I stopped watching at Power Rangers in Space.

If you want to get new and old audiences in. You need a reboot. Having the film take off from Dino Crunch creates a barrier of entry and confusion for people who don't watch the current Power Rangers. Making an MMPR reboot would be a fresh start for new audiences and something for old fans to get excited about because it was the original team.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think they will go as far as to continue off of the newest show because that right there will alienate a whole segment of fans that haven't been keeping up.

Best to maximize your profits by going with the original show.

I'm 30 and MMPR was my ish back in the day. I don't know anyone personally who watched all those other versions after the original series ie. Ninjas, dinos, bike riders. Lol.

Pretty much after Zeo & Ninjas, i have no idea what went on :lol:

I hope that new synopsis is fake. It sounds like hot trash. I don't even know what a Dino Crisis is. I played a video game with that title when I was a kid. I stopped watching at Power Rangers in Space.

If you want to get new and old audiences in. You need a reboot. Having the film take off from Dino Crunch creates a barrier of entry and confusion for people who don't watch the current Power Rangers. Making an MMPR reboot would be a fresh start for new audiences and something for old fans to get excited about because it was the original team.

I doubt it. It seems like they're pulling a "Star Trek /Days of Future Past" in a way by using the recent ranger characters but hopping back to the OG characters timeline wise...

It's safe to say my interest level has dropped significantly... :lol:  
yeah. it seems like Saban is using this as more of a vehicle to promote the current/future series and get that nostalgia money also. So yeah its sounding like its gonna suck. That guy is doing terrible with the IP the last 15 10 or so years

It's a movie though. Does he want to appeal to as wide an audience as possible with a reboot? Or just to the section of people who watch the current Power Rangers?

It could be a billion dollar decision.

It's a movie though. Does he want to appeal to as wide an audience as possible with a reboot? Or just to the section of people who watch the current Power Rangers?

It could be a billion dollar decision.
in theory it kinda makes sense. You get kids invested into the Dino show and then hook them with later seasons selling merchandise toys etc. you get nostalgic fans to see a movie thinking that it's maybe what they want. Because if you just do s reboot, you can't really capitalize on it because they take footage from the Japanese show so it's not gonna correspond with the movie

Also Roberto orci straight up said its not gonna be a reboot in an interview a while ago

Now I know why I want, but also I'm probabky not the "true" target audience

Last edited:
I just rewatched the episode where Kimberly dumped Tommy and she really went for the jugular. First she starts off the letter saying Tommy is her best friend. Then she says Tommy is like her brother. Then she dumped him saying she met someone else. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Last edited:
I just rewatched the episode where Kimberly dumped Tommy and she really went for the jugular. First she starts off the letter saying Tommy is her best friend. Then she says Tommy is like her brother. Then she dumped him saying she met someone else. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Wow I don't remember this lol

View media item 1755514

Jason – 17 years old, the makings of someone or something great if he would just get out of his own way. Jason was a legend of this town—a freshman quarterback with the skills to take him all the way. People knew his name. Children wore his jersey. Until, one night Jason wrapped his car around a pole and busted out his knee. Everything Jason was going to become ended in an instant. And with it, he lost himself. When we meet him at the start of the film, he’s a kid in need of redemption. By the end, he’ll be leading this disparate group of teens to shed their individual baggage and find who they truly are.

Last edited:
That guy looks like a complete clown. Austin St John would be disappointed.

Last edited:
WTF? If the film isn't suppose to be based off of MMPR why are they using the original 5's names??? This dude looks like a herb, he aint know Jason Lee/ Austin St. John and he damn sure isn't a red ranger. He looks way too soft

WTF? If the film isn't suppose to be based off of MMPR why are they using the original 5's names??? This dude looks like a herb, he aint know Jason Lee/ Austin St. John and he damn sure isn't a red ranger. He looks way too soft

This dude comes from the Drake school of being a ranger. He'll probably try to sing love ballads the Putties.

Back
Top Bottom