Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

#MichaelBJordanForZack

im starting the trend now. lol

this is stupid though..
What was your reaction when people complained about making Nick Fury black in the marvel cinematic universe/ultimate comics, or Iris black on The Flash, or the kingpin black in the 2005 DD movie, or when they just recently made Johnny Storm black, and so on? Did you agree? Just curious.

dathbgboy dathbgboy , what say you as well? Cuz people were saying the same thing y'all are saying now lol

no i didnt agree. change aint always good.

i love MBJ but yes Storm should have been white.

notice 2/3 movies you mentioned were trash, and Iris is an irrelevant character. thats like complaining about the Principal from Angel Grove.

not necessarily because of the ethnicity change but goes to show change aint always good.

I'm just here to rustle jimmies sir, I don't even think I'm going to see the movie until it hits Netflix :lol: I couldn't care less either being that it's a fictional character and I have nothing invested in the movie, it'd be hypocritical of me to be upset about this but not upset about them having and little Black girl playing Annie.

As a black man Im more for us making our own media and epic stories than waiting for someone to give us an audition. When it comes to movies like this at most i will sneak into it or just peep it on netflix

Most definitely, the 90's spoiled me in that regard.

So the official synopsis of the characters are using the OG names correct?

Because all I'm seeing is the actor playing the specific ranger.

What if they're not the OG names?

if youre implying that Goku should have been anything other than Asian idk what to tell you...
So Goku should have been Japanese because the show was made in Japan?

He was an alien race though.
eyes.gif

So the official synopsis of the characters are using the OG names correct?

Because all I'm seeing is the actor playing the specific ranger.

What if they're not the OG names?

i guess you completely ignored the bios.

Jason – 17 years old, the makings of someone or something great if he would just get out of his own way. Jason was a legend of this town—a freshman quarterback with the skills to take him all the way. People knew his name. Children wore his jersey. Until, one night Jason wrapped his car around a pole and busted out his knee. Everything Jason was going to become ended in an instant. And with it, he lost himself. When we meet him at the start of the film, he’s a kid in need of redemption. By the end, he’ll be leading this disparate group of teens to shed their individual baggage and find who they truly are.

Zack – 17 years old, always the life of the party. Filled with bravado and swagger, Zack’s tough and cool on the exterior. A charming guy who’s never had trouble with the one-liner, nor lacked confidence around women. A great athlete that’s never wanted to play on any team but his own. Zack advertises everything about himself, except the truth, which is that he lives in a trailer park with his single mom, and because of it, feels deeply inferior to all his peers.

So Goku should have been Japanese because the show was made in Japan?

He was an alien race though. :rolleyes

obviously we cant get an alien race to play Goku correct? youre telling me Goku looks more white than Asian in the cartoon? :rolleyes

She bacame the yellow ranger? I remember her being a semi regular reaccuring character in Might Morphan. Wonder if she played the same person, or just hoped kids would forget.
Yeah, she appeared in MMPR and then became a ranger in Zeo lol

She bacame the yellow ranger? I remember her being a semi regular reaccuring character in Might Morphan. Wonder if she played the same person, or just hoped kids would forget.

She became a ranger in Turbo after Tanya, Catherine, Tommy and Adam gave their powers over to Ashley (yellow ranger), Carlos (green ranger), Cassie (pink ranger) and TJ (red ranger). She was a ranger until the end of Power Rangers in Space.

i guess you completely ignored the bios.

Jason – 17 years old, the makings of someone or something great if he would just get out of his own way. Jason was a legend of this town—a freshman quarterback with the skills to take him all the way. People knew his name. Children wore his jersey. Until, one night Jason wrapped his car around a pole and busted out his knee. Everything Jason was going to become ended in an instant. And with it, he lost himself. When we meet him at the start of the film, he’s a kid in need of redemption. By the end, he’ll be leading this disparate group of teens to shed their individual baggage and find who they truly are.

Zack – 17 years old, always the life of the party. Filled with bravado and swagger, Zack’s tough and cool on the exterior. A charming guy who’s never had trouble with the one-liner, nor lacked confidence around women. A great athlete that’s never wanted to play on any team but his own. Zack advertises everything about himself, except the truth, which is that he lives in a trailer park with his single mom, and because of it, feels deeply inferior to all his peers.
obviously we cant get an alien race to play Goku correct? youre telling me Goku looks more white than Asian in the cartoon?
eyes.gif
I just wanted confirmation that the released Bio info was from Saban or Lionsgate.

And in regards to Goku, he was drawn with a caucasian complection.

lol why not say Japanese? Asian is too general.

Again, I'm not trying to argue with you or anyone else in this thread. I simply was surprised how people are upset about the casting of the Dragon Ball movie. It was a movie intended to make money from all the DBZ hype. Of course Hollywood would cast a caucasian dude to play Goku. Why? Becuase it's Hollywood.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, Zeo and Space weren't too bad.

I really disliked Turbo with the Blue Ranger being a kid, but growing into adult when he morphed lol.

Last edited:
Come to think of it, Zeo and Space weren't too bad.

I really disliked Turbo lol.

Zeo was my favorite season. Tommy, Adam, Jason and Rocky all on the same squad. The Machine Empire kicking Rita and Zedd out. Kim dumping Tommy via letter. Adam getting shine in several episodes.

Again, I'm not trying to argue with you or anyone else in this thread. I simply was surprised how people are upset about the casting of the Dragon Ball movie. It was a movie intended to make money from all the DBZ hype. Of course Hollywood would cast a caucasian dude to play Goku. Why? Becuase it's Hollywood.

So what you're saying is the only way Hollywood was going to make money off of DBZ was with a Caucasian lead and we should just accept this fact. Interesting.

And in regards to Goku, he was drawn with a caucasian complection.

lol why not say Japanese? Asian is too general.

lol whut? whats an Asian complexion then?

i didnt wanna say Japanese and sound "racist" again.

dude who played Goku looked nothing like Goku from the cartoon so yes IMO Goku should have been "Asian".

So what you're saying is the only way Hollywood was going to make money off of DBZ was with a Caucasian lead and we should just accept this fact. Interesting.

exactly my problem with the Black Ranger casting.

were just supposed to forget Zacks history even though theyre using the "MMPR" and accept that? what? NO.

MV5BMTkyODA3OTk0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDI1MTY3NTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

they should make the red ranger kind of a jerk at first. 

mad salty former jock HS rebel dbag. like above

and then he straightens out.

and black ranger bein all asian should be like Johhny Tran.

They casted Justin Chatwin as Goku. Shouldn't they have opened up the roles to other actors who are asian? If so, what actors were considered for the role?

Example, Emma Stone in Aloha. Her character was named Allison Ng. Half asain. Youre telling me they couldin't hire an actor who is actually asian?

lol whut? whats an Asian complexion then?

i didnt wanna say Japanese and sound "racist" again.

dude who played Goku looked nothing like Goku from the cartoon so yes IMO Goku should have been "Asian".
I didn't think you sounded racist at all, bro lol.

I'm just saying Japanese because the show originated in Japan.

MV5BMTkyODA3OTk0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDI1MTY3NTE@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

they should make the red ranger kind of a jerk at first.

mad salty former jock HS rebel dbag. like above

and then he straightens out.

and black ranger bein all asian should be like Johhny Tran.
roll.gif
Torettoooooo!

I didn't think you sounded racist at all, bro lol.

I'm just saying Japanese because the show originated in Japan.

nah that was in regards to someone else who said racist.

ok so Japanese. it originated in Japan, they look Japanese but they cast a white guy. :smh:

just doesnt make sense.

i cant even picture the name Zack being a Asian. just weird. i dont always like change.

i really think they should of just made up a whole new set of rangers if theyre going to do this.

i also think the kid playing Jason looks better as a Billy.

'Forgetting Zach's history?'

In what way did Zach's ethnicity impact the show?

All this skin color thing is being taken way too seriously.

Just choose whoever is the best choice for each role, regardless of ethnicity. The red ranger can be black, for all I care.

We see in color too much.

'Forgetting Zach's history?'

In what way did Zach's ethnicity impact the show?

All this skin color thing is being taken way too seriously.

Just choose whoever is the best choice for each role, regardless of ethnicity. The red ranger can be black, for all I care.

We see in color too much.
He created Hip hop-kido. Nobody lackin in melanin was gonna do that. And while he was stereotypical at times, he brought what was supposed to be cool among black youths at the time

Last edited:
Stereotyping blacks and asians in your answer. Lol mmk.

That's the answer?

Cuz only black people can mix hip hop and martial arts together? Yikes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom