Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

I want y'all to watch the OG PR movie now and tell me it was good. TELL ME!
it was
ooooh man dalcia or whatever her name was
the girl who took them to go get her powers
after they made it to that other planet :pimp:
plus ivan ooze laying the smackdown at first on the rangers
he woulda won too
but damn it he underestimated the rangers
ivan ooze was the TRUTH
zordon didnt even know what hit him

that second movie though
with the kid who turns into a full adult after he morphs was :x :smh:

Last edited:
it was
ooooh man dalcia or whatever her name was
the girl who took them to go get her powers
after they made it to that other planet :pimp:
plus ivan ooze laying the smackdown at first on the rangers
he woulda won too
but damn it he underestimated the rangers
ivan ooze was the TRUTH
zordon didnt even know what hit him

that second movie though
with the kid who turns into a full adult after he morphs was :x :smh:

Who didn't have the semi wood watching that at age 10 :lol:

Maybe not semi :nerd:

IN. :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:

A few months back i actually checked Ebay for a power morpher to fulfill a child hood dream of mine. But them things were $150+ :x

Please retro the og toys based gawd.  

There's a diecast one that came out that's only $60 at Toys R Us. It came out last year but I still see plenty of them. Cashed in on a buy one, get one half off last winter and I copped all my groomsmen one with their names. :lol:

IN. 
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

A few months back i actually checked Ebay for a power morpher to fulfill a child hood dream of mine. But them things were $150+
sick.gif

Please retro the og toys based gawd.  
There's a diecast one that came out that's only $60 at Toys R Us. It came out last year but I still see plenty of them. Cashed in on a buy one, get one half off last winter and I copped all my groomsmen one with their names.
laugh.gif
eek.gif

Pm'd!

OG one was the epitome of 90s. And those swishy sounds made with every movement like their uniforms were windbreakers.

The concept could be dope if they could pull off Pacific Rim x Real Martial arts type flick but it just seems tacky

I'll bring my flip-head power ranger mighty morphin toys from '94 to the movies with me. They'll each have their own seat

Another franchise ruined. They're gonna ruin this like they did with the new TMNT. They're gonna try to make this dark and gritty. :lol:

I'm expecting horrible designs that try to be hip and modern, explosions everywhere, all the Rangers to be ripped or brolic, etc.
Have you ever watched any version of the Power Rangers? They're ALL like this :lol: and that brolic ripped look is usually for the villains.
I want y'all to watch the OG PR movie now and tell me it was good. TELL ME!
It was a great movie for the audience it was aimed at.

Can't be looking for cinematic excellence in a children's movie. I wouldn't even attempt watching that movie now on some objective tip. Waste of time :lol:

Have you ever watched any version of the Power Rangers? They're ALL like this
laugh.gif
and that brolic ripped look is usually for the villains.

Ehh. PR always knew it was silly and campy and that's why it worked. They actually had wildly creative villain design, something that won't make it over on the "reboot". 

Have you ever watched any version of the Power Rangers? They're ALL like this :lol: and that brolic ripped look is usually for the villains.

Ehh. PR always knew it was silly and campy and that's why it worked. They actually had wildly creative villain design, something that won't make it over on the "reboot". 

I believe the original character design was all done by Bandai.

I'm not a fan of CGI, and I'm sure this movie will be filled with it. It'd be nice is they stuck with live FX and prosthetics for the villains, but I highly doubt that will happen.

Last edited:
Needs TDK x Godzilla 2014 type production with Zach Galifianakis or Ken Jeong as Zordon and I'm all game

At first I thought this was a terrible idea, but now I think I'm starting to maintain my first opinion and say that it's a terrible idea.

Is this new generation of kids into Power Rangers like we were?
Out of all the choices on Netflix my 3 and 4 yr old only mess with power rangers.  Tried to switch it to caillou earlier and my 3 yr old gave me the stare mumbling "ranger ready"
laugh.gif

that poster real?

from a marketing standpoint it would seem like that would scare kids and maybe even parents (who dont want their kids watching certain things) away . . . which would be counterproductive for such a big childrens brand as PR . . .  that makes me think it's a hoax

Back
Top Bottom