Mike Bibby to Atlanta...official. (No Devean)

LeBron, your thoughts?

0d42502e71ce686f89e7bad9598a75e1dd25a2c.jpg

Good deal for Atlanta... Now, Dallas needs to drop this Kidd trade, since it's all but shot to %+$# now anyways, and go get Artest.Harris/Artest/Howard/Dirk could be KILLER.
LeBron, your thoughts?
laugh.gif
This dude stays taking a beating as other teams keep making moves to get better... Cleveland just doesn't have anything worth a damn toanyone else, though.

Why do the Warriors want Artest?

Isn't his contract up at the end of this year?

If that's the case, basically after this sesaon, Monta, Biedrins, BDiddy and Artest would be FA's.

GL with that
laugh.gif

^we'd be alright with letting artest walk...it's just the other 3 that are must haves. i personally don't want artest, but that's just thesupposed rumor flying around these past two or so weeks.

looks like the kings are build around Martin, they better start tanking and get a better draft pick.

Get involved with facilitating this deal, and see if you can swipe Josh Childress outta Atlanta.

Childress is real, I'd have him start our games. I love this dude even though he went to Stanford.

The upside to Artest is he's still a good defender and that isn't exactly the Warriors cup of tea.
So now you'd have two solid defenders, in Jackson and Artest.

If Artest would concede that he's not primary options 1-3 on Offense, then I can deal.
Oh and exaclty like Enlighted Thought said, we could let him walk.

At the Warriors are now, they'd take maybe 1 playoff series (assuming they make it, obviously) as they are right now.
With Artest, they'd be such a wildcard, a 7 game series would be more competitive and help give the Warriors a chance.

That's just how I see it.

Pietrus is out anyway, so may as well try and get something for him before he totally ruins all his value. Gotta use the trade exemption too.

Originally Posted by Mister916

<charles>this is TURRABLE</charles>
Bibby is old and busted.

Feel fortunate you guys got expiring contracts and a young big in Shelden.

He in himself is an upgrade over undersized Kenny Thomas and 42 year old Shareef Abdur-Rahim

Plus if the Kings can manage to get Klenza + Najera from the Nuggets for Artest like the rumor suggests, even more expiring contracts for the Kings to dealwith.

i don't like this trade. we need to get more skill up front and shelden and lorenzen probably can't do enough. especially in the western conference.

Originally Posted by sNeAkerPiMP 023

i don't like this trade. we need to get more skill up front and shelden and lorenzen probably can't do enough. especially in the western conference.
The Kings aren't doing much in the West as is, anyway.

So, they're cleaning house, clearing cap, and rebuilding around Kevin Martin.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by sNeAkerPiMP 023

The Kings aren't doing much in the West as is, anyway.

Yeah, I don't know what Kings fans were expecting to get for Bibby... He's not that valuable anymore, and he's barely played this year.

A good move for both teams if this goes through. Sheldon Williams is a career backup at best and Bibby while not a top pg is an upgrade over anything Atlantahas at the pg position. Hopefully the POB and Pietrus for Artest rumored deal goes through, even if Artest is just a rental for the rest of the season.

+1...this trade works for me as long as there are expiring contracts.

Happy trails Mike...we had a good run.

anyone getting bibby in a trade has lost , i dont care who you trade for him. hes a shoot first has been point guard. good luck atlanta.

Back
Top Bottom