Mike Tyson Responding To His Kids Wanting To Be Boxers

Mike is hilarious though 
laugh.gif

Why wouldn't you tell your kids they can be anything they want though?
eyes.gif
He's just saying boxing.  He doesn't see the boxer's mentality in them and there's nothing wrong with that.  My nephew is 5 and whenever he sees us watching boxing, he says he wants to box, but we know he'd get his little *** handed to him because he doesn't like fighting.  It's in his best interest to keep him out of the ring and let him pursue something else...

Last edited:
i think all great boxers do not want their kids growing up in their footsteps.

very tough life.

Man, this interview was like a poem and everybody has different views.

what he's saying is, if his kid were to become a boxer he'd be trash. He doesn't have the desire or heart to be a champion. Mike tyson worked his whole life to have what he has today, his kid has all of that already, he never had to bust his *** to get it, he would have no motivation to be great.

It'd be like Julio Cesar Chavez and his son.

Man, this interview was like a poem and everybody has different views.

what he's saying is, if his kid were to become a boxer he'd be trash. He doesn't have the desire or heart to be a champion. Mike tyson worked his whole life to have what he has today, his kid has all of that already, he never had to bust his *** to get it, he would have no motivation to be great.

It'd be like Julio Cesar Chavez and his son.

Pretty much! Mike had to GRIND out hell to get alittle glimpse of heaven. His kids have everything, they wouldn't know what 'hardwork' is.

He's just saying boxing.  He doesn't see the boxer's mentality in them and there's nothing wrong with that.  My nephew is 5 and whenever he sees us watching boxing, he says he wants to box, but we know he'd get his little *** handed to him because he doesn't like fighting.  It's in his best interest to keep him out of the ring and let him pursue something else...

I wasn't talking about Mike, it's a dangerous way to live and he's done it. I was referring to a few people in this thread saying you should be brutally honest with their kids and not let them believe they can be anything they want to be.

I should of been more clear in my first post.

Zabagohead408 is spot on. It's called a poor man's sport for a reason. No need to go risking your life if you have better options.

some of u noobs may think mike is some dumb meathead, but he is actually very intelligent and wise. furthermore, i think hes spot on.

mike came from nothing and was starving to escape his life in the slums. fortunately, mike discovered boxing which served as a great opportunity to combine his raw athletic talents with the anger and bitterness that was built up throughout his rough upbringing. his kids dont have that hunger mike had. mike was literally desperate in his teens in comparison to his kids who grew up with all the things mike always wanted but was never able to attain.

some of u noobs may think mike is some dumb meathead, but he is actually very intelligent and wise. furthermore, i think hes spot on.

go ahead and point out a single person who alluded to anything like that? who said anything negative about tyson in here?

What do you even know about starting from nothing kid?

Back
Top Bottom