Mileage on cars

What happens when a car gets too many miles on it does it stop running...and what's too many miles

Originally Posted by vell23

What happens when a car gets too many miles on it does it stop running...and what's too many miles
You cant be serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A car with run as long as you take care of it. The mileage isnt the issue. In fact i saw in article this week where some lady put 526,000 miles on a car. There is no such thing as too many miles!!!!!!!

No such thing as too many. Take proper care of your car and it can hit 400,000. My dads van hit 350,00 before he sold it.

My parents got a 97 Camry with like 270k miles on it
pimp.gif
I grew up in that car

Originally Posted by jhobson5

You cant be serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A car with run as long as you take care of it. The mileage isnt the issue. In fact i saw in article this week where some lady put 526,000 miles on a car. There is no such thing as too many miles!!!!!!!

Hey man I didn't know I just thought it went bad after a while

Lol I'm fine with the flame war that's about to come with this but I dont know much about cars that's why I asked lol

From what I understand, most reliable cars can go for about 200,000 miles if maintained well and if there aren't any known defects before any major repairs are needed. After that, your odds start tilting toward having a large (expensive repair) like a transmission or engine. So, after 200k it becomes a bit of a coin flip and people expect problems to arise and that's why a car buyer would say "that car has too many miles." There are also many cars where people are very diligent and aware of maintenance, with a little bit of luck thrown in there, who drive their cars way beyond 200k.

Recently, there was that woman who drove her Chevy (not known for reliability) to over 500k without major repairs. Also heard about that one guy who took his Honda Accord past 1 million. The world record is some dude who went about 3 million miles or so?

Good question though, some things you just have to ask about to learn.

-It gets married to a simp.

-Ask that 50 year old who never got married and never had any kids who think she's still a cougar.

Back
Top Bottom