Military POLL OBAMA vs. MCCAIN

Originally Posted by MrBen23

Democrats are known to downsize the military and cut military funding/budgets. Happened under Clinton. And yeah, the active duty military folks always seem to vote for Republicans. Has nothing to do with color. I remember when Kerry ran against Bush. If anyone dared to say they were voting for Kerry, they would get stomped. Anyway, just the way it was. I was in the Marine Corps by the way.
What you say & what you do is the key though. . . . .

Originally Posted by MrBen23

Democrats are known to downsize the military and cut military funding/budgets. Happened under Clinton. And yeah, the active duty military folks always seem to vote for Republicans. Has nothing to do with color. I remember when Kerry ran against Bush. If anyone dared to say they were voting for Kerry, they would get stomped. Anyway, just the way it was. I was in the Marine Corps by the way.

what year were u in the marine corp? i was in during 98-02 ....i didnt experience any down sizing when clinton was in office, but there were militaryfunding/budget cuts for extra training like cold wheather/jungle warfare/ and jump school (which i was suppose to be sent to but was cancel last min.
mad.gif
), but when bush took office we had increase in our pay rate and more money towardbetter equipment and etc...also when i was serving, my Staff NCO's (SSGT - Master SGT) all said during ronald regan time in office they had a chance to bedischarge and had there contract bought out because they were down sizing the military, Regan was Republican....

Many of those in the military support McCain because they will continue their service. If they didn't have the military, some of them wouldn't have asource of income. Obama wants to end the war in Iraq, so thousands of soldiers would be out of employment, especially with this recession. So it's just amatter of self-interest.
But I also heard that those in the military were told not to vote because it would show bias against a particular candidate/party(something like that).

Originally Posted by thagreatj

Originally Posted by 718stylez

most black people are democrats anyway.

the republican party hasn't really been a friend to blacks.

More folks need to realize that.

If Obama was republican and had similar views to Mccain, I would not vote for him.

Back
Top Bottom