Minnesota HS being sued because they held an APPROVED W***** Day....vol. SMH

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif

How *$%+#$@ stupid can you be?  Students should be suspended, and ANY staff member who actually approved this should face a HARSH punishment...unreal
30t6p3b.gif

A Minnesota school district allowed a homecoming event called "W***** Day," during which students wore clothes and behaved in a manner that "from their perspective, mimicked black culture," according to a federal class action lawsuit filed against the district on Friday.

The suit alleges that despite student council voting on a "tropical theme" for homecoming in 2009, a group of approximately 60 students from the predominantly white school instead attended the event dressed for "W***** Wednesday" in "oversized sports jerseys, low-slung pants, baseball hats cocked to the side and 'doo rags.'"

"W***** is a pejorative slang term for a white person who emulates the mannerisms, language and fashions associated with African-American culture," the complaint explains.

Rest of Article in Link

Huffington Post link isn't working too well...

Seems as though the filters are messing up the links....just google W***** Day to get the articles....

eek.gif
Were they being real serious with this?? Like they were being sincere with this idea and not simply just making a mockery??
30t6p3b.gif

Huffington Post. LOL but yeah that's weird, there must not be any black students there at all. I mean it was in MINNESOTA

In some fairness, I have lived in areas where is only white people for towns at a time... and in my experience its not racism nearly as much as ignorance and "good fun"... I mean I looked at it like " rolling eyes"... and I'm not exaggerating when I say its only white people for miles on end...

I'm white if it matters...

Originally Posted by smoke ya later

Huffington Post. LOL but yeah that's weird, there must not be any black students there at all. I mean it was in MINNESOTA

3% black was stated in one article

Originally Posted by heatpinoyboy

eek.gif
Were they being real serious with this?? Like they were being sincere with this idea and not simply just making a mockery??
30t6p3b.gif
I don't think that's possible....

can't lie...I laughed.. but yeah, that's pretty stupid
laugh.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif

Red Wing HS?

I guess, Red Wing is a bit a ways from the TwinCities & the surrounding citites. So i cant say im surprised.

%!#% even when you start driving past lakeville, u start seeing farms & looks like its becoming more rural 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

In some fairness, I have lived in areas where is only white people for towns at a time... and in my experience its not racism nearly as much as ignorance and "good fun"...
this too. 

My school had a day similar to that during spirit week, obviously not given such a crude name. I think it was hat /jersey day. Basically all the kids who wanted to participated wore pretty much exactly what was on that list.

In my opinion, it's only as racist as you make it.

i always hated the ''W'' word anyway, cuz basically means white/wannabe ''N'' no?? 
side note, its funny seeing kids in nice areas g'd up tho.. dropping more N-Bombs than i ever heard.. like really? c'mon son 
indifferent.gif

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Sadly, there's a large group of people like that, shelterd, blind and nieve. Sometimes I can't tell if that's worse than actually being racist.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

eek.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Sadly, there's a large group of people like that, shelterd, blind and nieve. Sometimes I can't tell if that's worse than actually being racist.

This, and it's not just white people

Back
Top Bottom