Mitchell & Ness: Jordan 1985 ASG Limited Edition Jersey

LOL... Made in America > Made in China all day??
You sure know a lot about "quality" don't you?
Big companies (INCLUDING NIKE) go to China because China provides both best, good, bad and even worst quality materials at way cheaper price.
Victoria Secrets products are made in China. You're telling me Victoria Secrets items are bad in terms of quality?

Alright alright, I know 2009 Space Jams are made in China.
But do you think Made in America Space Jams are better in quality?
You'll be charged $300 for each pair for the same quality; that results reseller in eBay to charge you about $600 per pair.

You should thank China instead of making that kind of strong accusation, rhy650.

PS: No offense, or anything like that, intended.

JordanFan04 wrote:
Well before you make a general statement such as made in America> made in China,

It wasn't a general statement. What I am implying is that Mitchell and Ness was known for high quality American made jerseys and this piece seems to be a throwback to their
glory days. The $250 price tag is well worth it if you're a true Jordan enthusiast/collector.

JordanFan04 wrote:
give it some thought.

You should follow your own advice
JordanFan04 wrote:
American made doesn't mean much anymore. Maximum profit>>>everything these days.

FYI This is a general statement

Originally Posted by indohan

LOL... Made in America > Made in China all day??
You sure know a lot about "quality" don't you?
In regards to sports jerseys, which is the topic of this thread, I sure do
wink.gif

indohan wrote:
Victoria Secrets products are made in China. You're telling me Victoria Secrets items are bad in terms of quality?

You tell me, I know nothing about women underwears

Originally Posted by rhy650

53450896.jpg

To all the "screen printed" remarks, this jersey is an exact replica of his 85 ASG and the best part it's MADE IN THE USA.

It is sold out and congrats on those who picked up a very nice and limited piece.

rhy from NLT/JC? Whats up? I been MIA in the sneak thread over there.Educate! These sneaker heads just dont know. Put my order in as soon as word hit JC. I been waiting two weeks for this. Almost here.

Damn I have the Pro Cut reebok from his last all star game. It would have been nice to have both.

As far as the jersey thing goes (I guess it will never end) wear what you want! You don't have to explain anything to anybody. If you spent your money on it wear it.

People are really still complaining about the screen printing...?

It was 1985, thats how the jerseys were back then.

Originally Posted by gotkickz290

Originally Posted by anDown Goes Frasier

Its dope but too much $$$
word
times have changed..i remember dropping 250 on da REGULAR for football jerseys and baseball jerseys during da jersey era...with da matching fitted.

Originally Posted by oldshoe34

These are not limited you can get them at the NBA store.
you act like there's more then one NBA store...no matter da quantities of a piece they ALWAYS get a certain number.

It's a very nice jersey but $250 is alot for that jersey. I remember I got the replicia reebok jersey back in '03 when I went to the entire nba all  star weekend. I was a sophmore when I got the jersey and I was at the nba jam session that friday at the georgia world congress center and inside the had setup a nba store I asked a worker did they have any jordan jerseys and he said they were all out so I went to get my favorite player's jersey to this day which is paul pierce and I was looking and in the middle because the guy said the jerseys were setup smallest to largest so i headed straight to the back and I SAW  2 MJ JERSEYS SIZE 56 AND 60. Even tho they only made pro-cuts and replicias the guy that worked there said back in the day the jerseys where replicia I LOVED IT. I got the 60 and a guy behind me got the 56. My mother asked me why is the mitchell and ness ones more than the one you got I said because those are throwback players and at the time mitchell and ness didn't MAKE ANY JORDAN JERSEYS and she wasn't gonna pay $250 for a jersey. I was 5'8 at the time and now im 6'3 but the jersey is 37 inches top to bottom  the best thing about it was $46 with no tax. That was a good day  I WILL NEVER FORGET . I gotta post some pics

smile.gif

Originally Posted by joekamel

Originally Posted by rhy650

To all the "screen printed" remarks, this jersey is an exact replica of his 85 ASG and the best part it's MADE IN THE USA.

It is sold out and congrats on those who picked up a very nice and limited piece.

rhy from NLT/JC? Whats up? I been MIA in the sneak thread over there.Educate! These sneaker heads just dont know. Put my order in as soon as word hit JC. I been waiting two weeks for this. Almost here.

What's good Joe, congrats on the pickup, this ASG is a definite keeper, post pics at JC when you get a chance.
Rhy

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by oldshoe34

These are not limited you can get them at the NBA store.
you act like there's more then one NBA store...no matter da quantities of a piece they ALWAYS get a certain number.
The 300 were split between M&N and NBAstore.com (not sure if the brick and mortar NBA Store had em... dont live in NY). But thats it.

First of all...I ordered mine.  And this is the first M&N jersey I've ordered close to retail in a long LONG time.
I buy jerseys because I LOVE sports...while I enjoy Jay Z's music I don't let him make my fashion decisions for me or tell me how to live my life.

All that being said...I know a thing or two about jersey production and quality.

I've actually been involved in the production of the actual garments in both the US and in China/Asia.  I can tell you from direct experience that the quality is better here in the US.  

Asian production is cheaper and they actually provide some really awesome services and at great prices - but the US materials are vastly superior...whether it's the customization materials (like screen printing, vinyl, or twill) or actual jersey materials (Mesh, polyester double knit etc) - even the trims - the feel/weight of the materials just has a higher thread count/quality to it.

Everyone on here is also failing to realize another couple of points...one of which was already mentioned:

1) The screen printing on this jersey is NOTHING like the screen printing you see on replica jerseys.  It's much thicker/heavier and there is more involved in the process in both material and time..which *gasp* costs more.  Shocking.

2) Licensing - While the jerseys themselves probably only cost 30-40 to actually make in materials...M&N has to pay Nike/MJ for licensing...OH and they have to pay the actual league.  Guess what that does?  You got it...adds to the price of the cost of production.  Meaning that after all is said and done maybe M&N is in 70-80 or so in each jersey...maybe more.  

It's the first ASG jersey of MJ and is an authentic reproduction of the jersey he actually wore....and at $250 is a very reasonable price point, especially when you consider they only made 300 of these.

They released "limited Edition" Deion Sanders jerseys a couple of years ago and they made 600...so this is actually a pretty limited run, especially when you consider it's Jordan.

Just my $.02 - hopefully those that read it find it informative.

with some of these answers you can tell who is a kid and who isnt. these kids dont even know that most teams use to have screen printed jerseys.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

with some of these answers you can tell who is a kid and who isnt. these kids dont even know that most teams use to have screen printed jerseys.
smh.gif
this, even though I am a kid myself. Even worse is the dudes that wear jerseys for strictly fashion....smh at yall. I still rock my jerseys because i am a sports fan.

This jersey is a classic. AND Mitchell and Ness is top quality.

I'm really saving up for the other M&N MJ jersey.

Back
Top Bottom