Mitt Romney heated arguing about his Mormon faith (vid)

no one is saying religious people are stupid people. the problem is the religious doctrine itself.
the assertions that religions make about reality are stupid.
if you believe that God transcribed the gospel for all mankind onto 18 golden plates, and then placed them in a forest in upstate New York.. that is stupid.

We don't believe God physically wrote the gospel and then made them appear in a forest in upstate NY. We believe that God spoke through prophets just as he always has and they recorded their history. I don't understand why it is stupid to believe something when you have personally researched something and have a conviction that it is true. I'm not saying your stupid for you beliefs or your thoughts but I don't understand why what I believe is stupid.

Sorry I don't know much about the Mormon faith. But do they really think he will rule from Missouri?

Glad you said that.

Honestly the general public doesn't know much about mormonism and what they do know is more than likely a negative stereotype,

Mitt or whoever s in charge should have realized that he's gonna be the face of Mormonism and he's gonna have some splainin to do to inform the public.

But he doesn't. He wants to sweep his faith under the rug and campaign like he is a regular american guy. Giving further credence to him being a "yes man" to look good on every stage.

no one is saying religious people are stupid people. the problem is the religious doctrine itself.
the assertions that religions make about reality are stupid.
if you believe that God transcribed the gospel for all mankind onto 18 golden plates, and then placed them in a forest in upstate New York.. that is stupid.

We don't believe God physically wrote the gospel and then made them appear in a forest in upstate NY. We believe that God spoke through prophets just as he always has and they recorded their history. I don't understand why it is stupid to believe something when you have personally researched something and have a conviction that it is true. I'm not saying your stupid for you beliefs or your thoughts but I don't understand why what I believe is stupid.
you're right bro, as a nonbeliever the doctrine of mormonism makes total sense to me. sorry for questioning your beliefs.

you're right bro, as a nonbeliever the doctrine of mormonism makes total sense to me. sorry for questioning your beliefs.

Questioning beliefs is important...i have questioned a ton of beliefs. Calling them stupid for having that belief though is stupid. I guess fight ignorance with ignorance.

Questioning beliefs is important...i have questioned a ton of beliefs. Calling them stupid for having that belief though is stupid. I guess fight ignorance with ignorance.
no one called anyone stupid. I said i think religion is stupid. feel free to believe what ever you want. are you implying because i dont believe the same things you do that im ignorant? hardly, so why use the word?

i'm sure there are a lot of things you think are stupid, no one is following you around telling you "stop being ignorant, don't call that stupid!"

i think mormonism is stupid. it's stupid to me. that's just how i feel, and i don't have to apologize for that.

This is a perfect example of why it's great to be an atheist. I don't discriminate. I don't see any religion as being crazier than the next. Mormonism isn't any crazier than Catholicism or Scientology etc. If I were to think one held more validity than another, I would be ignoring the fact that I see them as being false.

Has anyone here checked out /r/exmoron on reddit? I definitely recommend it if you want to know more about Mormonism.... its pretty eye opening to me, and I understand why mitt doesn't talk about it much.

For the record I think all religions are dumb.

the story is really interesting, but nothing compared to the scientology one, i mean they're all pretty interesting..

future where are you? 
laugh.gif

dont underestimate the mormons, they have large numbers and lots of money...in and out is owned by mormons.

Last edited:
]

Thought this was interesting too now that we on the topic of Mormonism.

[

Last edited:
This is a perfect example of why it's great to be an atheist. I don't discriminate. I don't see any religion as being crazier than the next. Mormonism isn't any crazier than Catholicism or Scientology etc. If I were to think one held more validity than another, I would be ignoring the fact that I see them as being false.

This.

The big problem I have with Romney (aside from his non-existent tax plan) is that he's made it clear that his personal religious beliefs will affect his decision making in the White House. I'm not down with that and I'm not down with his personal religious beliefs so he's not getting my vote.

Last edited:
This.
The big problem I have with Romney (aside from his non-existent tax plan) is that he's made it clear that his personal religious beliefs will affect his decision making in the White House. I'm not down with that and I'm not down with his personal religious beliefs so he's not getting my vote.

I agree with what you are saying. My point was directed at Mormonism more so than Romney. I see it differently than a lot of nonbelievers. Religions vary in beliefs, but they are all equally false. I try not to judge one religion as being crazier than another.

lol at romney insisting he knows more about his own faith than this guy. if he knew about his faith, he wouldn't be a mormon.

Reminds me of how this country felt about Catholics before Kennedy shocked the world.

And why is it funny that he's a Mormon? This site grows increasingly intolerant against those who adhere to a religious faith by the day.

do you know anything about mormonism? one isn't intolerant because they know about the history of the church of mormon. nice try though.

It's a shame because what he said about Mormon democrats at about 3:00 was a pretty good stand to take - "personally I don't agree with (whatever) but it's not my job to tell other people what they can/can't do" - but then he went on to say that that's not what he thinks.

He says he's not running as a Mormon - but then a second later talks about how it colors his views. The ultimate flip-flopper.

Pretty interesting how people on NT flame Mormonism and Mitt Romney, yet we can't say anything against Obama cause its deemed bad and worthy of a suspension

Romney is Mexican born and raised why don't trump ask for he's birth papers
And if you don't believe me look up the Mormon and Mexican cartel wars and they tell
You that Romney is Mexican and the Romney clain is rich out there in chihuahua Mexico
And the cartel is kidnapping members of Romney coloney for ransom for years

Back
Top Bottom