MJ Speaking Out vol: Chamillionaire still not happy.

I wish Mike would have cared when young brothers were killing each other over Jordans. His lack of a stand over 30 years made this statement irrelevant to me.

Jordan ain't trying to lose access to those exclusive country clubs so he didn't want to say anything to offend his long obey friends.

So happy that I stopped buying Jordans.. I've stopped giving this clown my $$ many moons ago.

So happy that I stopped buying Jordans.. I've stopped giving this clown my $$ many moons ago.

I feel u. What I don't like is we got a lot of cats who flat out can't afford them but they won't keep it 100 and say that. They on some "I don't like J's" steez and some times that's really the case but I feel most cats in the back of their minds are like "damn them ***** are dope." Lol

Last edited:
I feel u. What I don't like is we got a lot of cats who flat out can't afford them but they won't keep it 100 and say that. They on some "I don't like J's" steez and some times that's really the case but I feel most cats in the back of their minds are like "damn them ***** are dope." Lol
It's hard to drop $190-$220 every weekend. I've definitely had to become more selective.

It's hard to drop $190-$220 every weekend. I've definitely had to become more selective.

**** I don't do it every weekend :lol: my last buys in the last better part of 8 years are maroon 6 wc4 and black 5s. That's not really anything.

Btw Kevin blackistone made a good point in saying black ppl are getting killed by the police and this ***** Jordan gives the police a million dollars :rofl:

Last edited:

I can dig it, you get that alot with the rise in popularity of runners in the U.S. lately.

Some cats genuinely cop runners for fashion (slimmer profile) but the rest cop cause they are affordable. I find most dudes in the latter category are happy that the mainstream has taken to more dollar friendly choices and they usually hate on jays to big up their economic flavor of the month

I was the opposite on the Black Metallic release though, them joints are flames and bread aint a issue but I had to repeatedly tell myself no out of principle. Besides stumbling on pics on social media, I dont really feel like I missed out on anything which is the best lesson I've learned in the past year... $220 + NY tax (shucks even $190 + NY tax) got a brother real choosy out here

I don't personally know anyone who still wears Jordans in 2016, and this includes people of all ethnicities and backgrounds. The only ones I would still wear are the 1s and 3s, if they weren't $300 pieces of plastic and if the 3s didn't become clunky looking over the years :lol:

I'm actually at a Starbucks in the mall right now, and I walked past a sneaker "boutique" with countless pairs of Jordans just sitting with no one even looking at them. And this is in the Bay Area, one of the 3 hype beast capitals in the country :lol:

This is definitely a marketing stunt by Jordan

Last edited:
I don't personally know anyone who still wears Jordans in 2016, and this includes people of all ethnicities and backgrounds. The only ones I would still wear are the 1s and 3s, if the 1site weren't $300 pieces of plastic and if the 3s didn't become clunky looking over the years :lol:

You living under a rock my guy.

I live in NYC and people from every walk of life wear Jordans.

I Bankers, Artists, Students, Delivery Men, Construction Workers, Drug Dealers, IG Models even Homeless Men.

I'm down for ******** on the type of person MJ has shown himself to be but don't doubt the product, there's a reason it made him a billionaire.

Last edited:
Props to MJ.

Low key PR move! nonetheless, a voice is a voice.

Last edited:
I don't personally know anyone who still wears Jordans in 2016, and this includes people of all ethnicities and backgrounds. The only ones I would still wear are the 1s and 3s, if they weren't $300 pieces of plastic and if the 3s didn't become clunky looking over the years :lol:

I'm actually at a Starbucks in the mall right now, and I walked past a sneaker "boutique" with countless pairs of Jordans just sitting with no one even looking at them. And this is in the Bay Area, one of the 3 hype beast capitals in the country :lol:

You must not know many people.

Found a Jordan fan^ :lol: living under a rock? Look at how few people wear Jordans these days compared to 90s until the mid 2000s where almost everyone wore them. I live in Cali hit up NYC every year and do not see many people wearing them , at least in the places I go to.

Either that or the type of people I interact with or the areas I stay in have COMPLETELY changed in the past 10 years. The only place I even hear Jordans being discussed is here on NT.

Whenever I hear people talking about sneakers in real life these days, it's mostly about runners or whatever Kanye wore most recently.

Last edited:
Stopped reading after that.

I like to listening to varying opinions. And Whitlock isn't wrong all the time. His nephew was killed by a cop a few years ago.

The excessive hate for "ghetto" black people that MJ has probably roots from what happened to his pops. Not real progressive thinking at the end of the day..

Where do you get he hates ghetto black people from? Are you familiar with Charles Oakley?

I'm not even mad at dude for minding his own business. People loved him as an athlete, couple that with nike's marketing and his shoes became iconic. He's not obligated to speak out on anything. Now if he chooses to speak out against police brutality, then that's cool, but I legit don't see it helping anything. He has nothing to do with this nonsense so he stays in his lane. Regarding him reaching out to the communities to prevent violence, people mad at him like he's out here promoting violence and encouraging inner city youth to gang bang, kill and sell drugs. Ironically the people promote this activity are defended in these conversations.

I somewhat agree with this.

Nobody cares about Steve Nash and Larry Bird's opinion.

Michael Jordan decided to play basketball, not be a leader. And he's consistently shown us he wasn't one. I'd rather him say nothing than put his foot in his mouth like Batkley.

Last edited:
I like to listening to varying opinions. And Whitlock isn't wrong all the time. His nephew was killed by a cop a few years ago.
Where do you get he hates ghetto black people from? Are you familiar with Charles Oakley?
I somewhat agree with this.

Nobody cares about Steve Nash and Larry Bird's opinion.

Michael Jordan decided to play basketball, not be a leader. And he's consistently shown us he wasn't one. I'd rather him say nothing than put his foot in his mouth like Batkley.
agreed. im all for athletes staying quiet. its not like people are going to be like lets stop the violence cause mj and lebron said so Or  even cops going to stop because mj or insert any entertainer start speaking out. Just cause they have a platform to speak doesnt mean anything , and it doesnt mean its going to help.

.  word to dave chapelle" who gives a f what ja rule thinks about 9/11 , im scared to death i aint trying to dance" 

people want they athletes and entertainers to be role models or leaders. If these athletes and entertainers are your role models and i know a lot of people look up to them like that , youre doing it wrong.

they arent that. To many people worship celebrities . 

Last edited:

???

see jordans every day b

1. Sports and sports figures have been deified for EONs. Dating back to Rome and beyond. It is THE #1 attention grabber in every nation in the world, among every culture. There are a tremendous amount of psychologists, neurologists, and other credible figures that have profound evidence that sports is a borderline religion. 

Sport as Religion

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nigel-barber/sport-as-religion_b_924601.html

2. Athletes and entertainers have influence. That's undeniable. Don't care whether you CLAIM to have been influenced by them or not...that's an underwhelming amount of evidence that points to these people as having influence on the general public...kids in particular. That's the whole idea behind advertising. If companies believed athletes didn't influence...nobody would bother trying to get them to endorse their product.

3. Black athletes DO have a social responsibility to be involved in their communities, speak on civil issues, and simply be more than just someone to idolize for their athletic ability. Did they ask for this responsibility? No, but Young black males specifically...WORSHIP black athletes. With that power, why not use it to the betterment of your people? Right or wrong, Lebron James means more to the average black kid around the world than any black politician, doctor, lawyer, etc. ever could. If you believe that their influence is enough to sell shoes, jerseys, accessories, etc...well then isn't it logical to believe that they also can influence their ideology as it extends beyond sports? The current athletes that look up to Jim Brown do so not because he was just a great football player. The athletes that worship Ali do so, not because he was just simply a great boxer. They impacted lives beyond sport.  (waits for "this isn't the 60s anymore)

4. Being silent is just as bad as being a cornball like Barkley. Your voice is undeniably power. If you as a black male have a voice and don't use it to help impact the same demographic that made you a GOD (MJ), you ain't ****. Bottom line. Especially when in most cases, their silence is in fear of biting the hand that feeds them. 

Eventually there's always going to be times when your hit when you shoot the same shot over and over.

He purposely hates and trashes blacks.

He even ruined his own great idea with the undefeated.

He's a self centered uncle tom.

And Cowherds *****

1. Sports and sports figures have been deified for EONs. Dating back to Rome and beyond. It is THE #1 attention grabber in every nation in the world, among every culture. There are a tremendous amount of psychologists, neurologists, and other credible figures that have profound evidence that sports is a borderline religion. 

Sport as Religion

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nigel-barber/sport-as-religion_b_924601.html

2. Athletes and entertainers have influence. That's undeniable. Don't care whether you CLAIM to have been influenced by them or not...that's an underwhelming amount of evidence that points to these people as having influence on the general public...kids in particular. That's the whole idea behind advertising. If companies believed athletes didn't influence...nobody would bother trying to get them to endorse their product.

3. Black athletes DO have a social responsibility to be involved in their communities, speak on civil issues, and simply be more than just someone to idolize for their athletic ability. Did they ask for this responsibility? No, but Young black males specifically...WORSHIP black athletes. With that power, why not use it to the betterment of your people? Right or wrong, Lebron James means more to the average black kid around the world than any black politician, doctor, lawyer, etc. ever could. If you believe that their influence is enough to sell shoes, jerseys, accessories, etc...well then isn't it logical to believe that they also can influence their ideology as it extends beyond sports? The current athletes that look up to Jim Brown do so not because he was just a great football player. The athletes that worship Ali do so, not because he was just simply a great boxer. They impacted lives beyond sport.  (waits for "this isn't the 60s anymore)

4. Being silent is just as bad as being a cornball like Barkley. Your voice is undeniably power. If you as a black male have a voice and don't use it to help impact the same demographic that made you a GOD (MJ), you ain't ****. Bottom line. Especially when in most cases, their silence is in fear of biting the hand that feeds them. 
you overestimate how much influence stars have. Pushing products /  buying shoes , the way people  dress and products people buy  is way different then political , racial issues and more serious issues like that.  

I disagree with you , Every nba player can make a speech and talk about it but thats not going to change police brutality and other serious issues like that.  i still stand by the " who gives a f what ja rule thinks about 9/11" 

oh ja rule is popular. people will listen to him.  

Last edited:

you overestimate how much influence stars have. Pushing products /  buying shoes , the way people  dress and products people buy  is way different then political , racial issues and more serious issues like that.  

I disagree with you , Every nba player can make a speech and talk about it but thats not going to change police brutality and other serious issues like that.  
Duh. I never said anything about changing police brutality. I SPECIFICALLY mentioned having an impact and influence on a particular demographic.

I didn't say athletes can stop police brutality or end racism.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom