**MLB Feet - 2010 Baseball Cleats/Gloves/Etc.**

I am getting really sick of nike baseball not staying on top of there baseball line this year. First the ID Diamond elite cleats, and I just talked to someone on at baseballexpress and eastbay and they have been waiting for the PE batting glove shipment since 1/10, the ID batting gloves and Air show elite cleats were just a huge let down. I feel like nike does not put enough of its time to there baseball line and it is really frustrating to me. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Originally Posted by eagles137

I am getting really sick of nike baseball not staying on top of there baseball line this year. First the ID Diamond elite cleats, and I just talked to someone on at baseballexpress and eastbay and they have been waiting for the PE batting glove shipment since 1/10, the ID batting gloves and Air show elite cleats were just a huge let down. I feel like nike does not put enough of its time to there baseball line and it is really frustrating to me. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Couldn't have said it better myself. I've felt the same way ever since they left the monster shox on id for 2 years and then the air maxes for 2 as well. Especially when they have multiple cleats and better color selection for football and shoes for basketball on id as oppossed to 2 models for baseball is absurd.

Originally Posted by AFranklin9

Couldn't have said it better myself. I've felt the same way ever since they left the monster shox on id for 2 years and then the air maxes for 2 as well. Especially when they have multiple cleats and better color selection for football and shoes for basketball on id as oppossed to 2 models for baseball is absurd.

2 models with 1 model being EXTREMELY limited, they show baseball no respect.

Originally Posted by nickj123

yesss....key word is no respect..i remember when they only had those customizable shirts in the baseball section and it seemed like it took them forever to finally get something other than those shirts

Originally Posted by brewcrew17

yesss....key word is no respect..i remember when they only had those customizable shirts in the baseball section and it seemed like it took them forever to finally get something other than those shirts
While I agree that this years line is pretty disappointing they have come a long way from the one pair of cleats or just a shirt from a few years ago. Baseball is no way near as profitable for them in the footwear and gear department but at least they are giving us something that could become cool in the coming years with all the extra added stuff (even though it's all extremely limited in terms of options)

Saw this picture of Robinson Cano a few weeks ago and forgot to post it from the DR this off season they followed him around for a few days to show his training. So much fail in this picture (Ortiz beard/sticker on cap) Embarrassed he's my favorite player.

Originally Posted by nikesourceseller

While I agree that this years line is pretty disappointing they have come a long way from the one pair of cleats or just a shirt from a few years ago. Baseball is no way near as profitable for them in the footwear and gear department but at least they are giving us something that could become cool in the coming years with all the extra added stuff (even though it's all extremely limited in terms of options)
I get it that their baseball line is not one of the most popular out there for nike, but if you are going to put out a product such as ID cleats or the PE batting gloves at least stay true to your word and have your stuff there when you say it will be there. I've seen this too much from nike in the past with stuff on eastbay always being on constant back order. It is aggravating to have to wait and wait and wait for nike to get it together and finally get there product to where it needs to be.

I get it that their baseball line is not one of the most popular out there for nike, but if you are going to put out a product such as ID cleats or the PE batting gloves at least stay true to your word and have your stuff there when you say it will be there. I've seen this too much from nike in the past with stuff on eastbay always being on constant back order. It is aggravating to have to wait and wait and wait for nike to get it together and finally get there product to where it needs to be.
Agree with that. Also I have no idea why Eastbay or BaseballExp would constantly put that stuff up ahead of time when the dates change so much. Why not just wait until you get the product actually delivered to your warehouse?
The Nike iD garbage this year (cleats still not even going into production after 5+ weeks) is more of a problem in my opinion...that's just really bad business practice to advertise an item and then a month later send you an email saying they haven't been made yet and if they aren't made in the next 30 days you will just get your order cancelled. That's like $350 worth of product I've been charged for and they don't even have materials to make them? That's a joke.

I was told they were "expected" to be delivered Feb 3 so if they don't go out today I'm going to asking for a discount on my next purchases or free shipping for a year etc...then again nobody else is making custom products so where else am I really going to go?

Saw this picture of Robinson Cano a few weeks ago and forgot to post it from the DR this off season they followed him around for a few days to show his training. So much fail in this picture (Ortiz beard/sticker on cap) Embarrassed he's my favorite player.
Hahahaha he better not steal my name SmallPapi

Agree with that. Also I have no idea why Eastbay or BaseballExp would constantly put that stuff up ahead of time when the dates change so much. Why not just wait until you get the product actually delivered to your warehouse?
The Nike iD garbage this year (cleats still not even going into production after 5+ weeks) is more of a problem in my opinion...that's just really bad business practice to advertise an item and then a month later send you an email saying they haven't been made yet and if they aren't made in the next 30 days you will just get your order cancelled. That's like $350 worth of product I've been charged for and they don't even have materials to make them? That's a joke.

I was told they were "expected" to be delivered Feb 3 so if they don't go out today I'm going to asking for a discount on my next purchases or free shipping for a year etc...then again nobody else is making custom products so where else am I really going to go?
yeah you should ask for a discount or free shipping..because they could be false advertising by having things they dont really have yet? im not sure but a discount or free shipping would be the least they could do..im not sure if they would give you it for a year tho

^nike's customer service is a joke however, last year i had the brand new composite bat they came out with and about a week after i got it, they changed the rules for jc baseball that composites were no longer allowed. i asked nike if they would exchange/return my bat since it was still new in the plastic and they said it was my fault for not knowing the rules of my league.

yeah you should ask for a discount or free shipping..because they could be false advertising by having things they dont really have yet? im not sure but a discount or free shipping would be the least they could do..im not sure if they would give you it for a year tho
The only reason the nike baseball market isnt bigger is because they don't push it.  ID's are horrible this year,  Especially the colors they offer (lack of a royal blue in comparison to the off pro-blue they do offer), and so are the majority of the GR cleats they released this year, besides the Diamond Elite Fly's.  What got Nike to the top is the fact that they were willing to take risks and push the envelope, for example, System of Dress in basketball, and Pro Combat in football.  Why do they decide to play it safe in Baseball, knowing that playing it safe isnt where they succeed? It just doesn't make sense to me.  The year they decide to think outside of the box in baseball, is the year that they'll hit it big, guaranteed. 

The belief that there may not be as big a following or demand in baseball, I feel is incorrect.  Although there are only a few of us discussing it in here, there's a number of people who feel like us, that are either just reading the forum, or just dont have an avenue to express their feelings on the subject. 

But I will say this. The more they act like baseball isn't a big deal and , the more of an avenue they leave for under armour to take over whatever profit they could've gotten from us.  And that's the opportunity UA is looking for to slowly ease into that #1 spot for sporting goods, currently occupied by nike in the 3 major sports...                                                 

Nike has pretty much owned all sports for the last 30 years and that will continue through this decade. I doubt UA will ever take over baseball sales but they will compete.
I don't see why people complain about there options on Nikeid they are the only company to offer these options.  

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

^nike's customer service is a joke however, last year i had the brand new composite bat they came out with and about a week after i got it, they changed the rules for jc baseball that composites were no longer allowed. i asked nike if they would exchange/return my bat since it was still new in the plastic and they said it was my fault for not knowing the rules of my league.

Seriously
tired.gif

Originally Posted by flaco425

Nike has pretty much owned all sports for the last 30 years and that will continue through this decade. I doubt UA will ever take over baseball sales but they will compete.
I don't see why people complain about there options on Nikeid they are the only company to offer these options.  

we are complaining because nike doesnt give much options for baseball unlike other sports on nikeID..and they finally have some choices for baseball and they can't even make them right away because their materials are low or not in stock even when it says they are..
all we want is to see nike giving baseball more respect like they do with football and basketball...

Nike baseball is a joke this year. Especially NikeId. Personally, I think these are the worst batting gloves and cleats I have ever seen.

Alex is that you?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by bobcats5353

Im going to phillies spring traning the 18-22. Does anyone have any good tips about spring traning.

tips about what? games, autographs, player used stuff?

Originally Posted by bobcats5353

Im going to phillies spring traning the 18-22. Does anyone have any good tips about spring traning.
Yeah what are you looking to find out about? I'm going to NYY the 19-24th as well. 

Talked to nike rep again today (becoming a part time job in itself) told me the iD cleats are "expected to be shipped out in the next 6 days now" Told them how embarrassing that was for them to be taking peoples orders/$ on products they can't even produce yet and was basically told "you can send them back after you get them" and that was it...Nike at it's finest.

^it sucks but it seems like nike has just gotten so big that they could care less about the average customer. when i talked to them about my bat situation they made it feel like "i don't care if you never buy from us again, it doesn't make a difference".

I heard from my friend that for my old league i played in a few years ago that they cant use certain bats starting next year..its a Pony League level which was always -3 BESR bats (high school level)

i also heard its for a wide range of baseball leagues and not just that one since the bats are getting to be too good

it doesnt effect me but i was wondering what would be legal then for anyone who knows? im guessing no composite bats?? not sure...

Back
Top Bottom