**MLB Feet - 2011 - Cleats/Gloves/Gear/Etc**

ryan braun finally has worn the Swingman 2s for a couple games..i saw them a couple games ago he had them on for a few days but since then ive seen him wearing his old swingmans still

Speaking of wood bats, does anyone know where to buy SSK bats? I've looked everywhere (all over google, on the ssksports website, on ebay) and all I can find are fungos, a game-ready bat that's way too big (36") and some wood bats on the ssksports website but they just list a 'suggested retail price' and dont actually appear to sell them. I want one because recently I've noticed a lot of different pros using them recently (Cano and Teixeira off the top of my head), so they must be pretty good. Anyone know?

Speaking of wood bats, does anyone know where to buy SSK bats? I've looked everywhere (all over google, on the ssksports website, on ebay) and all I can find are fungos, a game-ready bat that's way too big (36") and some wood bats on the ssksports website but they just list a 'suggested retail price' and dont actually appear to sell them. I want one because recently I've noticed a lot of different pros using them recently (Cano and Teixeira off the top of my head), so they must be pretty good. Anyone know?

Originally Posted by sfandy

http://search.borderless....04981&k=ssk+wood+bat
This is a Japanese sports dealer, the prices aren't too bad but shipping costs are huge.

http://search.borderless....04981&k=ssk+wood+bat
This is a Japanese sports dealer, the prices aren't too bad but shipping costs are huge.

Originally Posted by cubsfan3709

Originally Posted by heckz2

about to cop a louisville pro flare glove...before i drop 2 billies has anyone had or heard of any downsides to the glove???

my friend has a pro flare and it works great for him. ive tried it on and the only downside for me is that half of my palm sticks out of the bottom of the glove, albeit i have big hands. good overall glove though
Which model are you getting?  I have only heard good things about all of their models, and I personally don't have any problem with the ones that I have tried on, but I could see how some people might have issues since they are pretty unique gloves.

about to cop a louisville pro flare glove...before i drop 2 billies has anyone had or heard of any downsides to the glove???

my friend has a pro flare and it works great for him. ive tried it on and the only downside for me is that half of my palm sticks out of the bottom of the glove, albeit i have big hands. good overall glove though
Which model are you getting?  I have only heard good things about all of their models, and I personally don't have any problem with the ones that I have tried on, but I could see how some people might have issues since they are pretty unique gloves.

Found this on their website, I guess they have bat's and glove's. http://www.customglove.co....html?flashvar=custombat

Found this on their website, I guess they have bat's and glove's. http://www.customglove.co....html?flashvar=custombat

did anyone see Swisher's mother's day cleats? Couldn't catch what they were exactly and I can't find any pics but they had a pink cleat plate haha

did anyone see Swisher's mother's day cleats? Couldn't catch what they were exactly and I can't find any pics but they had a pink cleat plate haha

Originally Posted by One3TD

im thinking of getting the silver slugger 11 1/4 pro flare

The silver slugger ones are 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The silver slugger ones are 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

I put this question in S&T but got no replies...

http://niketalk.com/topic/298729

any help? basically wondering if anyone has any reviews for a DeMarini composite bat... thanks

Used them a couple times. Pretty good pop (but I couldn't get a real sense of it because I never used it for very long and couldn't get enough hits to really compare it to other bats) and amazing durability. I have 3 or 4 teammates who have them and I've never seen one even have a slight crack (and that's after they used it for a few seasons). I don't think you'll go wrong if you're looking for a good bat that will last you for a while. Another good thing about them is that (especially if you're playing against some fast pitching like you said), when you hit it off the handle it will hardly ever break because it's some weird material.

any help? basically wondering if anyone has any reviews for a DeMarini composite bat... thanks

Used them a couple times. Pretty good pop (but I couldn't get a real sense of it because I never used it for very long and couldn't get enough hits to really compare it to other bats) and amazing durability. I have 3 or 4 teammates who have them and I've never seen one even have a slight crack (and that's after they used it for a few seasons). I don't think you'll go wrong if you're looking for a good bat that will last you for a while. Another good thing about them is that (especially if you're playing against some fast pitching like you said), when you hit it off the handle it will hardly ever break because it's some weird material.

I have used many wood composite bats out there in the market. I do not use gloves I just use bare hands and here are my experiences so far with these type of bats. The DeMarini was ok I just never got the feel for the bat personally. I didn't like the feel and the weight was a little off, so a 33'' produced a weight of 31 oz not the 30oz it said it was suppose to be so weight wise it was off just a tad.
Then I used a Mizuno based composite and that was too thin to my liking overall I thought the bat was about to break it was too thin for my taste.
I then used an Easton and also a Louisville model which for the most part I used both n the cage and mostly that was it. The quality wasn't there I just felt again the weight difference and found that the Easton was 2 oz heavier than the 30oz it said it was and also the Louisville model which weighed to almost 34oz and little by little the paint of the bat started to come off. Very cheap quality.
Which brings me to my final two I thought all around these two bats did the job for me. First the Verdero Woody 360 overall good bat but again the weight was not 30oz but 31.5oz so you get use to it but it holds it ground great pop. I wanted to get another one but they changed logo to controlling the game and it just didn't feel the way the original Verdero model first came out.
But the one bat I use to this day without hesitation is my Baum bat. The first one I got was from a friend and it was a 33'' and a true 30oz I loved this bat and the durability is uncanny. The only reason the bat gave out was the knob broke off but the bat itself was still intact. So I invested in one and for the last 4 yrs not one breakage or dent etc. I went this time for a 32.5'' with a 29.5oz feel. I have not regretted the day I made that big investment because these bats are typically 60 dollars more than the average composite bat.
So my recommendation is to see if you can get your hands on trying a Baum or a Verdero and see for yourself. Again this is my preference, I do not use gloves so if you do you need to get your hands around the neck of the bat and see for yourself if this is what feels good for you.

Take care and swing away brah

I have used many wood composite bats out there in the market. I do not use gloves I just use bare hands and here are my experiences so far with these type of bats. The DeMarini was ok I just never got the feel for the bat personally. I didn't like the feel and the weight was a little off, so a 33'' produced a weight of 31 oz not the 30oz it said it was suppose to be so weight wise it was off just a tad.
Then I used a Mizuno based composite and that was too thin to my liking overall I thought the bat was about to break it was too thin for my taste.
I then used an Easton and also a Louisville model which for the most part I used both n the cage and mostly that was it. The quality wasn't there I just felt again the weight difference and found that the Easton was 2 oz heavier than the 30oz it said it was and also the Louisville model which weighed to almost 34oz and little by little the paint of the bat started to come off. Very cheap quality.
Which brings me to my final two I thought all around these two bats did the job for me. First the Verdero Woody 360 overall good bat but again the weight was not 30oz but 31.5oz so you get use to it but it holds it ground great pop. I wanted to get another one but they changed logo to controlling the game and it just didn't feel the way the original Verdero model first came out.
But the one bat I use to this day without hesitation is my Baum bat. The first one I got was from a friend and it was a 33'' and a true 30oz I loved this bat and the durability is uncanny. The only reason the bat gave out was the knob broke off but the bat itself was still intact. So I invested in one and for the last 4 yrs not one breakage or dent etc. I went this time for a 32.5'' with a 29.5oz feel. I have not regretted the day I made that big investment because these bats are typically 60 dollars more than the average composite bat.
So my recommendation is to see if you can get your hands on trying a Baum or a Verdero and see for yourself. Again this is my preference, I do not use gloves so if you do you need to get your hands around the neck of the bat and see for yourself if this is what feels good for you.

Take care and swing away brah

Has anyone swung with a Marucci "Blem" bat?  I've swung a VW10 and it was crazy how balanced it was.  Just wondering, I just bought a blem bat on team express but they don't allow you to specify a model.  Has anyone ever bought one?  If so what turn style or model arrived?

Has anyone swung with a Marucci "Blem" bat?  I've swung a VW10 and it was crazy how balanced it was.  Just wondering, I just bought a blem bat on team express but they don't allow you to specify a model.  Has anyone ever bought one?  If so what turn style or model arrived?

Back
Top Bottom