MLB State of the Union; What Does Your Team Need?

The current A's report as I see it is as follows (a semi-realistic best case scenario):

-Furcal signs to a 4 year deal (bye bye Bobby)

-Nick Johnson or Jason Giambi signs for cheap (bye bye Barton)

-We package Crosby (I hear SOMEONE wants him) and someone out of Cust (Likely)/Barton(Maybe)/Chavez (Reach) for a decent #2 guy

-We sign or deal for an ace/# 2. Our rotation is lacking right now and won't be dominant for a couple more years (Gio, B. Anderson, Cahill, De Los Santos,Inoa?). We could use a Derek Lowe (Definite Possibility) or even a Burnett (highly unlikely).

The lineup would look something like:

Suzuki C
Sweeney RF
Furcal SS
Holliday LF
Giambi DH
Nick Johnson/Chris Carter (Prospect,not likely) 1B
Ellis 2B (As much as I would like Cardenas or even J. Weeks there.)
Chavez/Hannahan (after chavee gets hurt) 3B (
tired.gif
)
R. Davis CF (BREAKOUT!)

Have to love that Oak-Town optimism
laugh.gif

a new first baseman a new short stop a new third baseman a new DH a new closer..well a new bullpen consistent play from the outfielders money to resign CC
frown.gif

Blue Jays, we need a big bopper in the line preferably one who gets on base a lot to counteract the frees wingers we have like Rios and Wells. Milton Bradleywould be cheap and fill all of our holes as well as the DH vacancy.

Due to rash of injuries and mechanical problems that plague our starter are has went from our biggest strength to a giant liability. Ben Sheets could be gottenfor cheap if teams are scared off by his injures anyone else is out of our price range.

Unfortunately due to the death of our owner (Ted Rogers) and our President retiring we are probably not going to spend any money. If that's the case thenwe are going to have to patch up the leaks internally and punt the 2009 season.

Fortunately we have rising stars like Lind and Snider(superstar) and good pitching depth in a are farm system. We just have to hope like hell that the younginsstep up big if we plan to make any noise. We still have one of the best starters in baseball.

Pitching: from starting to relief.
An outfielder
eyes.gif

A catcher to truly provide insurance for McCann - Corky Miller and Clint Sammons were
sick.gif

So far

Braves already acquired Javier Vazquez from the ChiSox for prospects.
They still are technically in the hunt for Peavy, although they are no longer interested, so now they are in huge negotiations with AJ Burnett.
Dave Ross just confirmed to sign with the Braves to back up McCann.
Braves not interested in Adam Dunn.

Indians - bullpen help, a third baseman or shortstop, a power-hitting corner outfielder, maybe a starter and an industrial-sized case of steroids for Hafner.

Rangers ...

STAND PAT. Don't do anything stupid that'll sacrifice the rebuilding process...

Trade one of the four catchers for the best pitcher you can get...

We Need:

- 2 Quality starters to be signed. Atleast 1 lefty.

- A 1B (Tex, I'm calling for you)

- Hank to just !$!@ already.

- Cano to step it up.

- A-Rod to have his "every other year" year.

- If we can't get Tex, move X-Man to 1B and get an OF. X-Man can be the key to our team this year.

There's many more things, but for now, that's what's on my mind.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

We Need:

- 2 Quality starters to be signed. Atleast 1 lefty.

- A 1B (Tex, I'm calling for you)

- Hank to just !$!@ already.

- Cano to step it up.

- A-Rod to have his "every other year" year.

- If we can't get Tex, move X-Man to 1B and get an OF. X-Man can be the key to our team this year.

There's many more things, but for now, that's what's on my mind.
We need consistency from our offense.....1 game we win 15-_ then we go a week with scoring only 5 total runs..
indifferent.gif

Mets:

- Middle Relief. We have no one in the bullpen. We need to trade some people and just bring in some guys who can hold a lead.

- An outfielder. We have Murphy and Beltran but adding another would be good. I think Milton Bradley or Ibanez would be a good fit.

- A #2 or #3 starting pitcher. I'm fine with Maine as our #2 but I don't want to splurge to keep Ollie.

- A Closer. I don't want K-rod cuz it will just be Wagner #2. I'd prefer Fuentes.

Twins

A couple of middle relievers... Good god we blew a lot of late inning games last year...
An impact free agent that is under 35 years old.
A plan to stay in the Metrodome after next year, we cannot play big games outdoors. See play in game vs Chicago...
sick.gif

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

Mets:

- Middle Relief. We have no one in the bullpen. We need to trade some people and just bring in some guys who can hold a lead.

- An outfielder. We have Murphy and Beltran but adding another would be good. I think Milton Bradley or Ibanez would be a good fit.

- A #2 or #3 starting pitcher. I'm fine with Maine as our #2 but I don't want to splurge to keep Ollie.

- A Closer. I don't want K-rod cuz it will just be Wagner #2. I'd prefer Fuentes.

I agree with everything but how is K-Rod "wagner part 2? Only closer more consistent than him has been Mariano the past 5 seasons. If anything, Fuenteswill be Wagnner 2.0 because he is already in his early to mid 30s, K-Rod is only 26 years old.

----3 SP = (CC, Andy, ????)
----Another big bat = (Manny? Tex? Dunn? Someone else?)
----A Center Fielder = Not necessarily, but would be nice to upgrade...
----Another solid bench player

^ I'm fine with everything as well but I think we need to home-grow a closer. I'm fine with doing "OK" for a couple of years if we can grow abullpen with reliable arms in the minor league system for the future.

A lead off hitter who can get on base and swipe some bags preferably at CF, 2B or 3B

2 starting pitchers, guys that can eat innings and keep you in ball games

Another lefty out of the bullpen

A back up catcher

my beloved Nats need a power hitting 1b:

1_teixeira.jpg

it could happen.
happy.gif

i've been pleased with the off-season so far, trading for Olsen and Willingham is just the beginning--Jim Bowden and company are focused on making majormoves!

Reds need a lot:

Catcher, SS, Power right handed bat that can play the of, and another lefty on the staff.

I'm hoping somehow we can get Dye, Laird or Salty, and either Beimel or Rhodes
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

The current A's report as I see it is as follows (a semi-realistic best case scenario):

-Furcal signs to a 4 year deal (bye bye Bobby)

-Nick Johnson or Jason Giambi signs for cheap (bye bye Barton)

-We package Crosby (I hear SOMEONE wants him) and someone out of Cust (Likely)/Barton(Maybe)/Chavez (Reach) for a decent #2 guy

-We sign or deal for an ace/# 2. Our rotation is lacking right now and won't be dominant for a couple more years (Gio, B. Anderson, Cahill, De Los Santos, Inoa?). We could use a Derek Lowe (Definite Possibility) or even a Burnett (highly unlikely).

The lineup would look something like:

Suzuki C
Sweeney RF
Furcal SS
Holliday LF
Giambi DH
Nick Johnson/Chris Carter (Prospect,not likely) 1B
Ellis 2B (As much as I would like Cardenas or even J. Weeks there.)
Chavez/Hannahan (after chavee gets hurt) 3B (
tired.gif
)
R. Davis CF (BREAKOUT!)

Have to love that Oak-Town optimism
laugh.gif
If you mean to say ship out Cust for someone else, you might be the first person I've heard say that besides myself. I don't think Cust isworth holding onto anymore, he's an extremely average DH and horrible fielder.

Back
Top Bottom