Mmmkay GMOs Are Bad

Yes.

There is nothing wrong with pesticide use. Its just that in the case of some GMO products, like Roundup Ready crops, the pesticides used are dangerous for consumption and can have an adverse affect on the soil and surrounding ecosystem. Many point to the increased use of pesticides as a primary reason for the decline in bees.

You can eat 100% organic. Its definitely possible. Just expensive.

The good thing is more stores have organic foods and places like Walmart help drive price down. I have to go to 3-4 different stores a week to get the best deals on the stuff I buy, but it's definitely possible to eat majority organic on a budget. Places like Sam's Club offer it in bulk. I buy big bags of organic fruit and veggies and even bread there now. They have these double packs of organic bread for $5 and some change.

Don't people live longer than ever before now?

Isn't obesity more of a function of less activity and consuming high calorie foods?

@RustyShackleford

Really bro? You're pro GMO? :wow:

Don't you notice that when you go back home your body feels lighter, your skin feels better, you just generally feel better?

Then when you eat even so called fresh food over here you still feeling kinda heavy and sluggish?

It's the GMOs papi

Brah nah.

That is purely anecdotal. I could have a mild allergy to the food or my blood sugar could have spiked. We can't blame it on GMOs

BTW a lot of the foods places like "Whole Foods" sell is "genetically modified. Just by different means.

Ever ate a banana? corn? pluot? grapefruit? many types of grapes? all those have been genetically modified. But no one screams bloody horror at those because farmers modifing foods is somehow cool, but scientist doing it is is bad?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/25/opinion/sunday/how-i-got-converted-to-gmo-food.html?_r=0

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2003/10/will-frankenfood-save-the-planet/302806/

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/05/29/gmo-scientists-could-save-world-hunger-if-we-let-them-334119.html

The anti GMO lobby is so ******* loony it is not even funny. These people are suppose to progressive and liberal and wanting to help the needy and hungry, but instead they are making the situation worst by helping create monopolies and holding back crops that could help feed millions, maybe one day billions of hungry people

Isn't the responsibility of the left to be the voice of reason? To defend science? And look to them to progressive the world?

We have no problem shaming the right for their global warming denials or Christians for being anti scientific, but shopping at Whole Foods and irrationally denouncing GMOs while folk outchea starving is the essence is of entitled arrogance.

****No shot at you, Johnny, or anyone else, because I have felt this way for a while. You'll my brahs so don't think I'm passing judgment. Just other folks have pissed me off****

The same things we make mock the right for, we progressives are very much guilty of with GMOs (also vaccines and nuclear energy)

So yes, I support GMOs because I see all the good they can do and these "Monsanto" red herrings or studies that prove ZERO causation are not gonna change that.

Last edited:
^^^ Soon as I comment, "here come the red herrings." Thats weak. At least be direct, bruh :smh:

I am no expert on GMOs but its common sense that if it isn't broken, then dont fix it.
Our food isnt and has never been broken in terms of nutritional value.

Last edited:
^^^ Soon as I comment, "here come the red herrings." Thats weak. At least be direct, bruh :smh:

I am no expert on GMOs but its common sense that if it isn't broken, then dont fix it.
Our food isnt and has never been broken in terms on nutritional value.

Millions are starving, we waste nearly a third of our food in America and things aren't broken?

Maybe you should read the articles in my previous post.

Plus I called people would come with bringing up Monsanto in that post, in the very next post you do it, so I thought it would be direct enough that I was talking about you.

I was ready to start ******** all over this but I see Rusty did my work for me.

GMO fear is rooted in the worst form of irrational anti science culture.

Listen if dudes want labels identifying GMO foods, fine, that's reasonable.

But the lobbying, harassment of scientist, and fear mongering is way OD for me

Last edited:

I wouldn't even agree to that. GMO labling just creates an avenue for crooks to make exploit ignorant consumers, I see no reason why governments should yield to those people.

genetic modification is the LINCHPIN of agriculture and plant domestication the sooner people learn that the better.

I'm fine with just labels. Let me decide what I want.
This

Millions are starving, we waste nearly a third of our food in America and things aren't broken?

Plus I called people would come with bringing up Monsanto in that post, in the very next post you do it, so I thought it would be direct enough that I was talking about you.
I didnt read your post, I only clicked the vid.
You highlighted what I said but obviously don't understand what you read.
I talk about nutritional value in the foods we eat and you come back with talk about ppl starving? and how we waste food?...
Seems like we having two different discussions. Let me entertain your conversation then. So gmo's gonna end world hunger? you believe that?

Last edited:

I wouldn't even agree to that. GMO labling just creates an avenue for crooks to make exploit ignorant consumers, I see no reason why governments should yield to those people.

genetic modification is the LINCHPIN of agriculture and plant domestication the sooner people learn that the better.

Nah brah. I believe that is a reasonable compromise

They got tons of people that just don't want to eat GMOs, but I would assume would be cool with them existing because of all the good they can do.

When you take the hard line, you give the loons more talking points to push their nonsense.

If people wanna pay the premium for non GMO like they do organic, I have zero problem with that too. Not a perfect scenario, but still, decent compromise

I didnt read your post, I only clicked the vid.
You highlighted what I said but obviously don't understand what you read.
I talk about nutritional value in the foods we eat and you come back with talk about ppl starving? and how we waste food?...
Seems like we having two different discussions. Let me entertain your conversation then. So gmo's gonna end world hunger? you believe that?

I know what you're saying. My comment was to let you know that the GMO debate is not really about that. Sure the people that can afford food have always been able to get nutritious foods, I don't debate that.

GMOs biggest benefit is to make sure those people can do so for future generations and to help those who lack access to nutritious food.

I don't believe GMOs are silver bullet. Because thinking that way makes people believe that work doesn't need to be done in other areas. We still waste tons of foods, food aid still doesn't get to a lot of people that need it.

But I do believe GMO crops have the potential to greatly improve the situation. Even put us on the brink of actually solving world hunger one day, that potential alone makes be a big supporter of them.

If someone could point me to an article about this, but I always wondered why foods that had less things done/added to it are more expensive.

If i understand correctly organic does not mean Non GMO, ie. bananas are all GMO, real bananas dont look like the ones we have in stores. So even trying to eat organic doesnt mean you arent consumer GMO goods.

If someone could point me to an article about this, but I always wondered why foods that had less things done/added to it are more expensive.

Can't believe I'm using Fox News :smh:, but decent summary

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/03/11/10-reasons-organic-food-is-so-expensive/
--------

BTW. I eat almost exclusivity organic and buy from local farmers too :lol: . The food really does taste better and I get extra benefit of supporter the local economies.

It does cost me extra, and I do see it as a luxury to be eating higher quality food.

But I realize tons of people struggle to get any food, let alone have the luxuries I enjoy

Last edited:
lol @ there are millions of people starving around the world...

you think these conglomerates care about starving children?

what world are you living in....no one gives a **** about starving kids in africa...

if you think they are injecting food and vegetables with steroids so they can serve a GOOD purpose you are already blind....

EVERYTHING IS FOR THE ULTIMATE DOLLAR AT EVERY EXPENSE...

that is the bottom line...

So, are there any articles demonstrating the detrimental effects of consuming GMOs? I've seen a few posts mentioning cancer and nothing to substantiate that. 

I thought GMOs were more for livestock feed rather than giving poor people something to eat. Can anyone confirm? I'd like to give Monsanto the benefit of the doubt on GMOs given their excellent track record throughout history, particularly the DDT they were adamant about being safe for us.

Back
Top Bottom