modern men haircuts..

Warning lots of pics ahead(bathroom getting redone this month please take it easy on it lol)  Also haven't been to my barber in a month so I am aware of the areas that need work.

Ok so for my type of hair which is thick here are my steps.

1. Wash that ish.

2. Step 2 dry it completely if going traditional pomade and want that nice hold or leave it damp for water based pomps its up to you.

3.Choose your flavor

4.  Apply a dime size coat of pomade into palm and warm it up,spread it throughout your hand and finally apply it all over your hair.  For me I have to do this three times because of the length and thickness of my hair.  If you want a nice quiff,high pomp less is more.  The more pomade you apply the heavier it will be on your hair thus getting a smaller pomp as I have.  Also after you run the pomade through your hair get the comb and try to slick your hair back in order to spread the pomade throughout areas you might have missed.

5. Finally part your hair whichever side it naturally flows and mold your ideal pomp.

Fiber is good if your hair isn't too long. Doesn't provide good hold for my hair anymore.

American Crew Fiber> been using it for about 3 years now and I always get complements.

yup i think its the best stuff you can buy honestly. expensive tho but i got a few jars on the low so im good for a few months :lol:

Hook a fellow NTer up with that.

check ebay bruh

i had gotten 4 jars for $30.

i assume thats a good price since i havent seen any store with a single jar for less than $15 :lol:

2jfhrtc.jpg

Belén rocking this for a while

Last edited:

1. You need thin hair to pull that off. If you have thick Asian hair then you'll NEVER get that look

2. Dont go to a barber if you want these "modern" cuts. Go to a salon. These chicks know what theyre doing. (at least the good ones) 
laugh.gif
Wrong.

I have really thick Asian hair that grows forward and my barber hooked me up with the pomp. 
pimp.gif

the black guy haircut thread has a challenger :lol:

:lol:

The 360wave thread will forever be king :smokin

Naw, but its dope seeing different hairstyles. I low-key have always wanted to go to barber school and open my own shop so hair intrigues me. Whether its coarse, thick, thin, curly, straight, etc etc. It all look dope to me so this thread is :smokin

I'm black and I can't do any of this with my hair, but if I wasn't and had a different texture, I'd def try to pull this off

ay108530238.jpg

:smokin

bruh, David Beckham is the king of all things fashion and cool.

dacannon broke it down nicely and has a nicer pompadour than me. :smh:

Challenge Accepted :pimp:

Ewan McGregor and Beckham are my haircut idols. Dude's have awesome hairstyles.

1. You need thin hair to pull that off. If you have thick Asian hair then you'll NEVER get that look

2. Dont go to a barber if you want these "modern" cuts. Go to a salon. These chicks know what theyre doing. (at least the good ones) 
laugh.gif
Wrong.

I have really thick Asian hair that grows forward and my barber hooked me up with the pomp. 
pimp.gif
Wasnt talking about a pomp. Doubt your sides are like that pic. Thick hair just ends up sticking outward when cut that short on the sides. Which is why most asians just fade the sides

show your barber that pic and let me know how he does...
wink.gif

Wasnt talking about a pomp. Doubt your sides are like that pic. Thick hair just ends up sticking outward when cut that short on the sides. Which is why most asians just fade the sides

show your barber that pic and let me know how he does...
wink.gif
I see what you mean, but the sides dont make the hair in that pic, the top does. 

I would post a pic but I are shy

It's ok b. Not everybody is as handsome as I am.

Shrug of Kanye.

I usually round up for the tip.

My last haircut was $25 so I tipped 5. Once I'm better off Financially I'll give like a $100 tip around the holidays.

I got a really cool story about dude who posted about tipping men with a razor near your face. I'll post it when I come back.

LOVE THIS THREAD!

Back
Top Bottom