MODS PLEASE LOCK

What will be most important for a successful season?

• Derek Carr's development

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Khalil Mack's development

• Jack Del Rio's staff handling of the team

• The 2015 NFL Draft Class

• Addition of Free Agents

• Less Difficult Schedule

• Other

• Total voters
Raiders upgrading amenities at team facility

The Raiders team facility is far from state of the art. The headquarters in Alameda, a converted office building, seems dated with lackluster amenities compared to other complexes across the NFL.

New head coach Jack Del Rio wasn’t impressed when he first saw it.

“It was kind of like how I felt about taking the job,” Del Rio said. “I knew there was work to be done, and I’m excited about having the opportunity to mold this place and make an impact.”

The Raiders are making upgrades to their weight room and their practice fields, among other areas in the team facility. Their fields in particular have been chided, though they improved somewhat after general manager Reggie McKenzie was hired in 2012. Those areas will be vastly improved in the coming months.

“We’ve got some plans that you’ll see unfold with the weight room and the fields,” Del Rio said, “that the players are going to be very excited about when they get back.”

Players on teams with a new head coach, like the Raiders, are allowed to start offseason workout programs beginning April 6.

They should return to a complex with some improved amenities in aforementioned areas and around the remainder of the team complex. Players will return to a new, cutting-edge strength and conditioning program led by recently-hired headmaster Joe Gomes, who previously led a renowned athletic training facility, and his three assistants.

Del Rio came in with a plan to turn the Raiders around, and that starts with basics like condition, nutrition and team facilities. It's also a sign that ownership -- which has no formal ties to this market beyond 2015 -- is committed to executing Del Rio's vision.

“We want to make sure that everything we’re doing every day,” Del Rio said, “gives us an opportunity to win our division and be in position to win championships.”

I understand they can't build a new facility since they have the option of moving. Imagine how it looked in the 90s :x

wow that's clean. pretty sure my high school still has the same prison setup from the 90's. 

A frightening moment for Oakland Raiders lineman Donald Penn -- who fought off a home intruder who kicked in his front door and threatened his family earlier this month ... TMZ Sports has learned.
According to court docs obtained by TMZ Sports, Penn -- who's 6'4", 340 lbs. and a former Pro Bowler -- was at his L.A. home with his wife and kids when a large man hopped over his security gate, busted in his front door and began going crazy inside the home.
That's when Penn -- who was with his wife and 2 young children at the time -- sprung into action ... physically restraining the man (who's 6'1", 220 lbs.) ... until cops showed up.

Few crimes I find more despicable than home invasion. 
mean.gif

A frightening moment for Oakland Raiders lineman Donald Penn -- who fought off a home intruder who kicked in his front door and threatened his family earlier this month ... TMZ Sports has learned.
According to court docs obtained by TMZ Sports, Penn -- who's 6'4", 340 lbs. and a former Pro Bowler -- was at his L.A. home with his wife and kids when a large man hopped over his security gate, busted in his front door and began going crazy inside the home.
That's when Penn -- who was with his wife and 2 young children at the time -- sprung into action ... physically restraining the man (who's 6'1", 220 lbs.) ... until cops showed up.
Thank god he was able to do that successfully and without harming himself or causing his family to be harmed

very noble of him too

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom