MODS PLEASE LOCK

What will be most important for a successful season?

• Derek Carr's development

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Khalil Mack's development

• Jack Del Rio's staff handling of the team

• The 2015 NFL Draft Class

• Addition of Free Agents

• Less Difficult Schedule

• Other

• Total voters
If we're a playoff team in January I'll buy my ticket to go.

Arrowhead is one of the best atmospheres for NFL football! The stadium is very loud, tailgating is A1, and Chiefs fans really arent that bad. I've been to 3 games there, 2 Oakland games (Back when we had Randy Moss, and two years ago when Denariius Moore was realavent)! The starting center, Casey Wiegmann, from the Chiefs was from my hometown, Parkersburg Iowa. So it was great to watch him play too.

Honestly something seems off about it but I can't say what. Collar? Numbers too small?

I've never had an authentic though so I probably shouldn't say. But still seems off.

It's a fake

The Name on back of Road Jerseys shouldn't have a Silver Stroke

24 looks off center

Charles-Woodson.playoffs.final.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know of any shops or sites that sale raider artwork looking for something for the living room

Exclusive: Oakland stadium deal "worst by far" for Raiders, experts say

By Matthew Artz martz@bayareanewsgroup.com [emoji]169[/emoji]Copyright 2015, Bay Area News Group

Saturday, June 27, 2015 - 6:06 a.m.

OAKLAND -- The long-awaited financing plan for a new Raiders stadium is a lousy deal for the team and will make a potential return to Los Angeles look even more attractive, stadium finance experts said after being briefed on the proposal obtained by the Bay Area News Group.

The plan, submitted to Oakland and Alameda County leaders Monday by San Diego-based businessman Floyd Kephart, includes a provision that the Raiders sell 20 percent of the club to Kephart's New City Development, LLC for $200 million.

That transaction would be a bargain for Kephart's firm, but it's hardly the only red flag for the Raiders, said Marc Ganis, president of the consulting firm SportsCorp Ltd. and a veteran of numerous NFL stadium deals, including the one that brought the Raiders back from Los Angeles.

"This is not just the worst stadium proposal I've seen," he said. "It's the worst by far."

The proposed $900 million, 55,000-seat facility adjacent to the O.co Coliseum would be financed entirely by the Raiders, the NFL and future stadium revenues. The Raiders would have to dip into sponsorship revenue and naming rights fees to help repay $300 million in loans needed to offset an estimated funding gap.

Advertisement

And, other than parking garages, the stadium would get no subsidy from the surrounding "live-work-play" technology campus Kephart plans to build on the rest of the sprawling Coliseum complex. The plan includes 4,000 homes, a shopping center, 400 hotel rooms and several office buildings.

"I can't think of any sports team owner that would take a proposal like this even remotely seriously," Ganis said, noting that San Diego has proposed a major public subsidy for a new Chargers football stadium. "It's so one-sided and so bad, that it's almost as if local leaders are saying 'we can't really do anything, so go ahead and leave.' "

Raiders officials did not return calls Friday, and Kephart declined to comment.

Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf said she could not comment because "Kephart's submittal is confidential." The City Council is scheduled to discuss the plan Tuesday in a private meeting. If the council and Alameda County Board of Supervisors sign off on it, they would then begin negotiations with the Raiders in hopes of building a new stadium by 2020.

Local officials turned to Kephart late last year to resuscitate the project known as Coliseum City after two major developers gave up on it.

The project has always been a difficult balancing act.

Kephart must satisfy the Raiders, who are working with the San Diego Chargers on a $1.7 billion stadium in the Los Angeles suburb of Carson, where more corporate money is expected to be available to offset construction costs.

And he must satisfy local officials who are adamant about not helping pay for a stadium after taxpayers took a bath on the deal that brought the Raiders back from Los Angeles two decades ago.

Further complicating matters, the Oakland A's are also considering a new stadium at the Coliseum site but have ruled out building one next to a new football stadium or working with Kephart.

Kephart's solution, laid out in a 19-page presentation obtained by this paper, is a $4.2 billion development with the following provisions:

Kephart's New City Development would purchase about 90 acres at the Coliseum site from the city and county for $116 million.The city and county would use $80 million from the land sale toward the construction of parking garages needed to serve the proposed homes, shops and offices.New City would reserve a parcel through Jan. 1, 2019, as a possible stadium site for the Oakland A's.Infrastructure improvements are projected at $100 million, with the money coming from grants.

As for building the $900 million stadium, $200 million would come from the NFL and another $200 million would come from the sale of seat licenses to season ticket holders, with the Raiders responsible if the revenue doesn't materialize.

In addition to $300 million in borrowed funding, the Raiders would contribute $100 million of their own money and another $100 million by investing half the proceeds of selling a piece of the team to New City.

Sports business analysts said they couldn't recall another stadium deal that required an NFL owner to essentially self-fund a stadium and sell off a piece of the team to do it.

"This does create a scenario by which Los Angeles becomes more attractive," said Robert Boland, a professor of sports business at New York University.

The proposal did not mention whether the team or city would be responsible for cost overruns. It also didn't name Kephart's financial partner, although sources have said that it is The Baupost Group, a major Boston-based hedge fund.

Contact Matthew Artz at 510-208-6435.

deal points

New City buys 20 percent of Raiders for $200 million.New City buys most of Coliseum site for $116 million, based on recent appraisal.City leases land under stadium to Raiders for $250,000 per year.City and county put $80 million from land sale toward parking garages. New City puts $107 million toward parking garages.City and county are responsible for paying the nearly $100 million in debt on O.coColiseum from prior renovation.City and county can issue new bonds to pay for community benefits such as affordable housing.Oakland A's will have a space for a ballpark development reserved until Jan. 1, 2019.The Golden State Warriors will be allowed to extend their lease at Oracle Arena.Football stadium to be completed by 2019; hotel to be completed by 2020; housing, retail, office to be completed by 2022.

Kephart wanted raiders to build stadium on their own and get % of the team :lol: awful deal for the Raiders

I'm just gonna worry about this season from here on out. Wherever they go. Raider till I die. Only thing that will change is how often I'll be able to make it out to games.

Headed to Soldier Field to watch them :pimp:

Thought about doing this as well. How much were tixs?
Haven't got tix yet. Flight was only like $230 round trip from so cal. Gonna wait on tix. It's the raiders, tix shouldn't be too expensive. Went to New England last year and prices weren't bad, obviously because it was the raiders

Last edited:
[h1]Floyd Kephart responds to leaked Oakland Coliseum report[/h1]
June 30, 2015 3:14 PM

Floyd Kephart, Chairman of the Board for The Renaissance Companies, the private financial and real estate advisory firm that is building Coliseum City in Oakland, talked with Fred Roggin about the latest developments in Oakland concerning a new stadium for the Raiders and to discuss why his plan is being so poorly received in the Bay Area. It was his report that was leaked and printed in the San Jose Mercury News and is being highly criticized.

"The first thing that I would say is the City and County is not putting out a penny and they keep saying they want to save the team. We’re making every effort to stay here but the City and County is not making an investment… I think that’s the biggest concern because that does not show community support."

link to audio interview.

thebeast980.com/2015/06/30/floyd-kephart-responds-to-leaked-oakland-coliseum-report/#.VZNbGzYTQbI.twitter

No sympathy for a multi billion dollar league begging for public money to subsidize a stadium it ought to fund itself out of respect for the fans that enrich it. Oakland is doing the right thing. Protect your citizens from this blackmailing.

Anybody who has season tickets have any update on when they'll be shipped? I feel like we're hitting that time for them to arrive...

Back
Top Bottom