MODS PLEASE LOCK

What will be most important for a successful season?

• Derek Carr's development

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Khalil Mack's development

• Jack Del Rio's staff handling of the team

• The 2015 NFL Draft Class

• Addition of Free Agents

• Less Difficult Schedule

• Other

• Total voters
Well, the 10 month time frame I'm sure is pretty much coming from the Raiders because they really only have about 5 months to make it happen. By this time next year the Raiders will either be packing up or Coliseum City development will be underway.

Mark Davis will not do what he did again this year and keep waiting to figure it out with Oakland, and he has publicaly said that hella times. But Schaff saying that they are where they want to be and MD continuing to say he prefers to stay in Oakland  is reassuring for us NorCalians lol

I don't want any deal that harms Oakland long term. As much as I love the Raiders being in Oakland, there is a steep price to pay when it comes to this ****. The Raiders say they need public money, the A's have said they'll build privately. I think Oakland chooses the A's over the Raiders.

Rams and Oakland/Chargers race will be great these next 3 years. If the Raiders do move I hope they screw the Chargers and instead join the Rams :rofl:

Raiders moving to LA would hurt for maybe a year or 2 then I'd get over it. It's nothin to shoot down to SoCal for a few games a year but to share a stadium with Chargers I'd have a problem with but don't see it happening so not really that worried...

I've been alive since the LA Raiders days so I don't have a preference on if they move to LA or stay in Oakland. I'm also still over 2000 miles away either way.

Raiders stadium: Talks likely to end if no “significant progress” in 30 days
By Matier and Ross on February 22, 2015 10:08 AM

“If we don’t have significant progress within the next 30 days, I’d say one party or the other will call an end to it.” That’s how one source close to the Raiders stadium negotiations in Oakland characterizes the on-again, off-again talks.

The threat of the Raiders pulling up stakes and jointly building a stadium with the San Diego Chargers in the Los Angeles area has done little to ease officials’ concerns about the use of public money for a new Raiders home in Oakland.

Mayor Libby Schaaf has said she would be willing to use public money to help pay for “infrastructure” on and around a stadium site. That sounds negligible, but it might not be: Some officials say it could total $240 million to $300 million.

“My concern is that it could wind up being a shell game that will blow up the minute the public sees the details,” said one official on the Coliseum Authority, run jointly by the city and Alameda County.

All of this is being played out against the backdrop of the $20 million a year that city and county taxpayers are still shelling out from the 1990s deal that brought the Raiders back from Los Angeles.

“I lived through that once, and I don’t want to do it again,” said county Supervisor Nate Miley.

In other words, it’s still all about the money.

How Derek Carr's combine numbers stacked up to this year's top QBs

How Derek Carr's combine numbers stacked up to this year's top QBs
February, 24, 2015

By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

After talking with several scouts, the consensus is that the Oakland Raiders' Derek Carr would be the third quarterback taken in the 2015 draft behind Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota.

Carr started every game last season after being the No. 36 overall pick. He was the fourth quarterback taken in 2014.

Just for kicks, below is a look how Carr’s combine numbers from last year compared to those of Winston and Mariota from this year. The bottom line is Carr is smaller than this year’s top prospects -- both Winston and Mariota might be top-five picks -- but Carr seemed to be in the middle when it came to the athletic measures at the combine.

View media item 1418672

Raiders free agency preview: Who will Oakland break the bank on?

Ross Jones

FOX Sports

FEB 24, 2015 7:57pm

The Raiders entered last offseason with the most cap room of any team and allowed young talents like Lamarr Houston and Jared Veldheer to walk, while signing veterans with chips on their shoulders. It's safe to say that plan didn't work out.
General manager Reggie McKenzie will be forced to spend as they have a massive amount of cap space and a rule in the CBA, which mandates each team spend 89 percent of their respective cap over a four-year span.
Bringing new energy to the coaching staff is Jack Del Rio. The former Broncos offensive coordinator has acted swiftly upon his arrival pushing for facility upgrades. It's very apparent that Del Rio has a plan and didn't just simply sell a scheme or philosophy.

How they finished?
2014: 3-13 --€“ No postseason
2013: 4-12 -- No postseason

Projected salary cap space as of Feb. 1 (per Spotrac.com): 2nd most with $50.1M

Potential free agency targets: Deciding what to do with Stefen Wisniewski is certainly a challenge. The fifth-year center finished 22nd of 32 at the center position, according to Pro Football Focus, and likely wants to be paid well above what he made last season ($978K). If they allow another homegrown talent to walk, they have options as Chiefs' Rodney Hudson and Bears' Brian De La Puente hit the free market. With the No. 4 overall pick in the draft, some expect McKenzie to select the best wide receiver on the board. How about pairing that player -- ahem Kevin White or Amari Cooper -- with a dynamic pass catching threat in Randall Cobb? The fifth-year product from Kentucky is coming off a career year, but reportedly wants to be paid $9 million a year. Defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. would also love to complement Khalil Mack with another dynamic pass rushing threat. Buffalo's Jerry Hughes, Baltimore's Pernell McPhee or Washington's Brian Orakpo could be in play. That money can go quick.
Potential cap casualties: Where to begin with this one? Matt Schaub got paid starter money to hold a clipboard. Maurice Jones-Drew showed signs of an aging veteran and nearly no production. Lamarr Woodley has a cap number of $5.18 million and did little to deserve that before going down with a biceps injury after six games.

Offseason needs: DL, WR, CB

Notable free agents:

C Stefen Wisniewski
DT Pat Sims
CB Carlos Rogers
CB Tarell Brown
WR Denarius Moore
S Larry Asante
RB Darren McFadden

P Marquette King (Restricted)
WR Rod Streeter (Restricted)

Just watched a Kevin White's WVU highlights video and this kid looks like he's gonna be special. He has the physique and the athleticism to be big time.

White > Cooper

Reggie is gonna come to Oakland and fill mcsaddens spot? Intresting food for thought?

White > Cooper
Cooper's biggest problem is in the air, winning jump balls.

If you want to see the other side of the coin on White, TCU's Kevin White (same name ironically) who plays cornerback, had a very strong performance against West Virginia's Kevin White this season.

Draft both back 2 back
Kevin White (CB) will go in Rounds 2 or 3. He's on the smaller side like college teammate Jason Verrett last class. Playing style is similar too. Senior Bowl boosted his stock and White showed good reaction time, challenging receivers for the ball. He's a future nickel corner in the league.

Im thinking we need to upgrade our pass rush instead of drafting a WR at #4....if Williams gone i like Fowler at #4 too, even tho White combine numbers are juicy ...Reggie said we letting our young CB play, so to help them out we need to improve our pass rush which was rank bottom on the ranking last year....WR draft class is deep this year again so maybe Reggie can find another diamond later rounds 

I would rather trade down than take fowler  at #4. Hardy will solve our pass rush problem.

I would rather trade down than take fowler  at #4. Hardy will solve our pass rush problem.
Well, Hardy will most def. solved our pass rush problem...question is do you think Reggie and Co. willing to deal with the luggage that comes with signing him? There also rumor Jerry Hughes on Raiders Radar ....we will see once FA starts

Back
Top Bottom