MonsterVerse Thread = Godzilla VS Kong : Out Now On HBO MaX & Theaters

lot of mixed reviews...soo I'm planning to watch it on IMAX with my girl, is it worth the money? or should I head to a regular movie theater?

The movie uses a lot of POV type angles during the monster scenes to really try and convey the size/scope of everything that was going on. So because of that, i would recommend an IMAX size screen to truly do it justice. Also, hearing the roar in IMAX audio is :wow:

The 3D was meh, but I was already expecting that. The main draw for me seeing it in IMAX was for the audio...sound quality in movies is too underrated these days.

Good point, I forgot to think of the audio sound of IMAX, it was certainly awesome sounding. I was thinking of the score itself, and the way they set up all the dramatic moments, but hearing him actually roar was pretty incredible.

The visualness of IMAX 3D isn't a must, but the audio certainly is. So it just comes down to each individual I guess.

I thought the score for this movie was pretty good but was too dramatic for some scenes where the acting was comical :lol:

Aaron Taylor-Johnson :stoneface:

Literally in 80% of his scenes

Last edited:
Quick Review

Liked the movie a lot but the setup took too long for me. The movie needed more fight scenes. 3D is not needed for this movie.

Stayed in this thread despite not having seen the movie.

A lot of ppl have been ripping Taylor's performance apart. Will be on the look out for his acting, but my understanding is that his character was supposed to be the stoic type. Maybe that doesn't connect well with the ppl.

Hoping to see this by Sunday. It hurts that I have to wait until then.

Oh I forgot about my major complaint. Why does the black guy or latino character always have to be a bone head. In this case it was the Dominican Victor Rasuk and his flash light.When in real life its usually the blacks and latinos who are the most likely to keep calm and carry on cuz we grew up around chaos and mayhem. SMH at Hollywood. Come on man!

Last edited:
Oh I forgot about my major complaint. Why does the black guy or latino character always have to be a bone head. In this case it was the Dominican Victor Rasuk and his flash light.When in real life its usually the blacks and latinos who are the most likely to keep calm and carry on cuz we grew up around chaos and mayhem. SMH at Hollywood. Come on man!
calm down man :lol:
he tripped is all
besides as usual the white folks were wrong in the movie and made a mess of stuff as usual(no offense white folks)

Last edited:
epix is showing the perfect movies right now to get me ready for tomorrow 
smokin.gif

Just came from seeing it as well in IMAX. IMAX is not needed. Just some scenes maybe 10 mints In total. 6/10. Too much talking for me. With that said Pacific Rim> Godzilla

Last edited:
watch it in IMAX for the audio. 3d wasn't needed.

spoiler

I was hyped from the get-go when I heard that roar after IMAX's flying numbers

Wow surprised so many people didn't like it. I loved it.

I guess people were expecting a Transformer/Pacific Rim type movie were the monsters go blow for blow with each other throughout the movie

Easily my favorite movie of 2014

Man. I love the hell outta this movie. I'd gladly watch it again. My favorite movie this year.

Also I didn't look at the past posts on this thread, did it say "Mothra" for his pet butterfly's name?

really think if bryan cranston was the main protagonist for the majority of the film, i would have enjoyed it better. i didn't care for the main character at all. like in TDKR, when batman is flying the bomb over the bay, it def made me feel sad. but when kickass was shipping the bomb out to sea i was pretty whatever about it. wasn't emotionally invested into the characters i guess, other than godzilla. when homie went down, i was :frown:

Difference is, for Batman, you had 3 movies to build up that feeling of sadness, and you knew that the trilogy was coming to an end.

Had that been the first movie, maybe you don't connect with it the same way, ya know?

Glad I saved a few bucks and saw it in standard viewing. 7/10 Kinda ruined it for me when they showed the Fiat ad with Godzilla before the movie started. Godzilla being the star they sure made him camera shy. :smh: Didn't know the guy that played Kickass was the main character lol. It was visually beautiful as they were jumping out the plane with the red smoke trail.

When he was shooting radiation flames out his mouth to kill the MUTO was probably the highlight of the whole movie

Last edited:
Went into the movie super excited and left underwhelmed. Dragged at too many points and wasted too much time on the actors. Godzilla was barely in the damn movie and it's named after him :smh: The end fight scene was cool but most of the movie is just a huge buildup with random suspense moments.
Didn't like that he was friendly with civilians either.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom